NEurope
MoogleViper

The Dark End of YouTube

It's a quiet Sunday afternoon, there's not a lot that needs to be done. You're just sitting there, mindlessly browsing the internet. Invariably you end up on YouTube. Perhaps you want to watch a TV show, maybe you're looking for a song that you haven't heard in a while, or perhaps you just want to kill some time with a few cat videos. You sit there, moving from video to video, clicking away at the video links on the right, drifting listlessly through the annals of youtube. You're currently, on a video about a car, or perhaps an excerpt from a animal documentary. Maybe you're watching an educational video about the Mayans. Whatever it is, it's not the video you came to YouTube for, you moved beyond that hours ago, and you're still moving. Moving. Moving through the videos, one at a time. You're moving through videos one by one. Past the animal videos, past the music, past the TV shows. This route looks familiar. Have you been down here before? No. You've been to the place before, but last time you took a different route. You know where you're heading, you might not realise it, but you know. It's not the first time you've been. Last time you were scared, frightened, you didn't like it. Or did you? It was unusual, but underneath the terror, the distaste, there was something else. A yearning, you needed more. You tried to run away but you knew you'd be back, eventually.

Suddenly things start to seem familiar. You haven't seen these videos before, but they have the same feel to them. You know you're close. Part of you wants to run away, turn back and never return, but you know you can't do that. You feel compelled, compelled to carry on. So you click, next video, you click again, next video, it's getting closer, next video, you're scared, next video, you're exited, next video...

...then you're there...

THE FREAKY SIDE OF YOUTUBE!!!

So, what videos have you watched when you've happened into the strange district of the internet? What have you seen that's left you with the familiar "what is going on, what did my eyes just see?" feeling?

Edited by MoogleViper

Been on youtube so long I am starting to wonder what is strange and normal now

Prob post more weird shit soon.

Prob post more weird shit soon.

The top comment on that video suits my original post.

I always end up back here. Even if I dont want to.

In that last video you posted, Naomi is actually quite attractive. /confused

Edited by MoogleViper

I'll have some more when I think of them.

Edit: Oh, and one for Magnus:

Edited by Supergrunch

I feel very uncomfortable knowing that I've watched quite a lot of the videos already posted.. I need a hobby..

It'd be absolutely fantastic if Youtube would stop banning all the videos I 'favourite' and 'like'.

Edited by Debug Mode

This was the exact same thread I was going to make. No joke. Unbelievable.

It seems only logical that I should get very drunk and watch all of these videos later this week.

How can anyone forget...?

It never ceases to amaze me how many videos like this are scattered over youtube.

I used to have the majority of the Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire sound track remade with in that style but as I said earlier, Youtube insists on banning my favourite stuff.

I've been trying to find a video that I saw ages ago (on here I believe). It was a female manequin/doll thing singing in a slow, creepy high pitched voice.

If anyone can find it then I'll be seriously impressed.

How can anyone forget...?

Ok, I think that video just spoiled everything for me. I mean if the next Kirby game does not include testosterone-filled, thong-wearing macho men slapping each others on the ass, I'll be rather disappointed... : (

Love the cow one, very funny.

Right, some of these might be repeats, but i think they go here:

The whole thing? I did that once.

(loved the intro on the first post btw)

Aaaaages old, and related to Moogle's McD kinda one; but when it hit a few years ago I was hooked on it for a reason I can't understand/explain/comprehend....the McDonald's japanese ad remixy thing.

(it used to be much more hosted with so many millions of views but this is the only one i can find now)

Edited by Rummy

Just a few videos from my favourites page on Youtube... Funny how most of my favourites are deleted.

Edited by f00had
Added one more vid