NEurope
Dog-amoto

Do you buckle up in a taxi?

I thought everyone understood the vast majority of taxi drivers are bloody awful? Especially the dodgy late night ones. You'd be mad not to buckle up.

I do, safety first people!

For some reason my girlfriends mum and sister keep 'forgetting' when they are in my car so I have to keep reminding them...

My front seats beep if the car is moving and seat belt isn't attached.

All my friends and close family are good at buckling up. However, one of my aunts doesn't feel the need to buckle up in the back, even though she felt out of a car at a young age (no seat belt available) because the door wasn't closed properly. You'd think that would be lesson enough.

She's not allowed in my car.

Anyone over the age of 16 who doesn't wear one risks being caught by the police. Under 16s are the responsibility of the adult in the car to wear them.

Only if it's this taxi...

crazytaxi.jpg

...the driver tends to be a little crazy. ;)

Why...wouldn't you wear a seatbelt in a taxi? It's still a car. The taxis here are pretty good no matter what the time is, actually. The drivers always stow away your suitcase and stuff for you, and open the door.

I've always thought it's weird that buses don't have seatbelts here...after all, it's still a vehicle and you will still get hurled out/at someone in the event of a crash. I won't complain though, I hate travelling by bus enough :p

I'd buckle...

...to the peer pressure of being cool and not wearing seatbelt :(

I buckle up and always make sure the person sat in the seat behind me buckles up.

Totes, I'd hate for them to get pizza everywhere.

(tho srs that advert made me take seatbelts a bit more serious cos i was really shit at it when i was a kid i dont even know how/why)

...But the taxi's which are in normal cars...

I heard you liked taxi's...

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost