Haden United 11

Roostophe Rovers 10

Oddy 5-9

Haden United 4

Bayern Bru 3

Oddy 2

Happenstance FC 1

Peeps Xpert Quick Beginner's Guide

I just wanted to make sure the new guys know about how important it is to keep good form for your players and get high development values. Without high development values, your players will not increase in skill.

Player Development

The first thing you should look at for your players is age against skill. The average is 18-4 (to become 19-5, 20-6 etc as a baseline). If you have players below this average, they are probably not worth keeping on to train (but arguably once they get to 9/10 skill they're decent enough to keep around if it keeps your team balanced). Focus should always be on youth.

Players also have special qualities which are explained HERE - take note of Divas as simply giving them their favourite shirt number will remove any negative effects they would otherwise have.

Development Values - Players increase their base skill at the end of each season in the change report. The size of the increase/decrease is determined by development values (DV) - which you can keep track of if you hover over the player name in your team list. A DV of 10 or higher will give your player an increase in skill but to get a visible raise (ie, to get one skill bar higher) you would be aiming for 14/15 at the very least.

DVs are worked out by your player's average form and match experience over the season. If you play stronger teams and lose, you can still get good DV for your players if you can keep their form up as your player's match experience will be better when you play high skilled teams (DV is an accountable figure but match experience is hidden and probably not worth thinking too much about). Younger players will raise easier than older players who may not raise even on 16/17 DV.

Form

Your player's form has an influence on how well that player will play in a match. A player on 10 form will usually play TO his skill level during the game. A player on higher than 10 form will usually play above their own skill level during a game. You can see how well your players did during the game afterwards when you look at your 'last line-up'.

last line-up:

As you can see, my keeper played one skill bar lower than his base skill as did my 17-4 midfielder who was on 10 form. My 26-9 defender who was on 17 form, played to 3 bars above his own base skill. You can see Ernst Heinzmann was on good form but played below his skill level. This is because my opponent had him marked as my playmaker so he did not play as well due to being marked in the game. If he had actually been my playmaker, it likely would've stopped all of my midfield from playing too well above their own skills.

Form values are not always reliable as they only show your player's last form change. The arrows indicate which way the form is trending so you can get an idea of whether a player is going to continue to drop or not. HERE is a link that goes into form and form trends a bit better. You can try to boost player's form with form training (expensive but worth it) but remember the higher your player's form, the less likely they are to raise their form by much (or at all).

I'll also give my opinion on your teams, just what I'd do if I were starting out with what you've got. Maybe it'll give you a bit of insight into how to think about team development. Hopefully some other people will comment some things too as I don't want to steer anyone wrong.

Generally I liked to go for 2 keepers, 5/6 in defence, 5/6 in midfield and 3 up front with a good balance of old and young / high and low skilled players.

It looks to me like your defence is in the worst shape as your only 'good' player is your 31-10. Obviously buying in players is expensive so you are going to be stuck with some players for a while but don't feel like you have to play them in games. If they aren't worth training, don't play them unless you have to.

Goalkeepers - Personally I would keep your 25-7 and get a youth keeper in to train alongside him. Try and sell the 26-7 for a little bit of econ.

Defence - I would keep the 31-10, 28-7 and 17-3 and replace the other two with youth - remembering the standard of 18-4. Either invest in the youth academy and wait (players from the youth team will already have a red heart which means your player is invested in the team and will perform better in matches), or buy some cheap players in the transfer market.

Midfield - Ignore your older players. Your 22-6, 21-6 and 19-6 (especially him) are great so you should look for one or two high skilled players to help them train up. You can get cheap high skilled players if you look for players aged 30+ but be warned, players can retire at any age past 30 (but you will be warned the season before). Alternatively you could go for more youth and have a young and fairly low-skilled midfield but after a couple of good seasons they would be developed into a great team.

Forwards - I'd keep the 30-9 and 21-6, the other two are not worth training. Get one more youth player and stick with just 3 forwards (you could even just stick with the two but obviously that would restrict you from certain formations).

@dr4hkon 's team (please also read what I wrote for Bob as I mentioned a couple of things about youth and the transfer market)

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 751x447.

Goalkeepers - Neither of them are worth keeping imo. You should aim to get a good youth (17-4 / 18-4) and a high skilled keeper (30-9 or 10) from the transfer market.

Defence - Pretty good defence here - youth especially. The two 24yr olds aren't great but the 24-6 may be worth keeping if you're going to be spending money elsewhere in your team. I'd probably keep it as is but replace the 24-5 with an 18-4 (or better if you can - 17-4 / 18-5).

Midfield - Again not much you need to do. Do away with the 26-4 and maybe the 27-7 as well. Definitely focus on your younger players to raise their skill and gradually replace anyone that's falling behind with more youth.

Forwards This is another weak area with no one really worth keeping. You can either go for all youth here and train them into a strong force, or go for a couple of young players and a high skilled one just to keep you competitive.

Sorry if this post was a bit long but I hope you both read it (do we have any other new teams?) and hopefully a few other people can expand on what I've said here (or even refute anything I've said that may be wrong).

Peeps awards

Most Important Result:

Winner - Yellow Submarine. Despite coming dead last, Yellow Submarine's results consistently shook up the table throughout the season.

Submarine 7

Sixty-Fourthers 5

Seahawks 5

Winston Gardens 3

AC Elites 3

Dragooooo 3

All Stars 2

Peeps 4

Leeds 2

Phoenix 2

Manager of the Round:

Winners - AC Elites & Winston Gardens FC. Both teams had great tactics this season with Elites particularly shining in their last few games.

Winston Gardens 5

AC Elites 5

Submarine 1

Dragooooo 1

Submarine 1

Peeps 3

All Stars 2

Best Player:

Winner - Dragooooo. Dragooooo fittingly take this award as the top goal scorers of the league!

Leeds 1

Sixty-Fourthers 1

Seahawks 2

All Stars 2

Submarine 1

Phoenix 2

Dragooooo 5

Peeps 2

Winston Gardens 2

Alliances

team-fortress-2-gray-update-e1344960194406.png

Sign up today! Find 3 other buddies and sign up to show everyone which team rules them all.

Spotlight

gdl-spotlight1.jpg

Spotlight will come when the season starts.

Nominated Awards

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQI2N4BtxwosPtxx-uunqzf8dmWQ_5OOJi7zOkqQfUu0JEE9DVZw

The Hugh Laurie Charm Offensive Award: Charlie, known for his mocking interviews and quick wit it seems fitting that Charlie scoops this award.

Other nominees Peeps, Haden, Flinky, Rowan,

The Sir Chris Hoy Legend Award: Odwin, this had a very strong showing and rightly so, without Oddy none of us would be here! The founder of Xpert 11 in NE and all round legend. Other nominees Haden, Eights Peeps

The Amazing Youth Award: Winston Gardens, Winston earn this award and it is easy to see why, shooting up to the top league within 3 seasons? Almost unheard of, superb effort by this team. Other nominees Fedex, All stars Haden

Empire vs Rebels Award: The rivalries that really caught the eye were Dragooooo v Elites and Bayer vs Recall, from Dragooooo and Ells on screen banter to Jimbob and Charlies famous interview it has been a great season for new rivalries. However these rivalries have been broken by promotions and relegations will new ones develop this season? Other nominees Dragoo v Submarines v Elites, Essex vs Bayer,

The Iplayer Excitement Award: Inter, the second highest goal tally in the league and of course the league winners made Inter a popular choice! Great tactics saw goals in most matches, they will hope to win this award and the title next season. Other nominees Winston Gardens, Eights, Dragooooo Seahawks

Midfield of the season: Silverdale Hotpot, Jerome, Hope, Wacek, Silverdale could play 3 in midfield and get a better midfield rating than some teams playing 4-5-1 a truly formidable line up. Other nominees Oddy, Eights, Peeps, Winston Inter

Tipping of the hat award: Haden, thank you I tip my hat back and leave the stage! :kiss: Other nominees Jimbob Peeps Winston

24 hours in a day:

Afternoon

autumnafternoon.jpg

Intergalactico Stars Looking Back: Winners of the Elite League and two time cup winners Inter have truly come of age, a team built with a strong backbone and raw talent they are now in the elite of all clubs.

Looking Forward They will want to be the first team in modern xpert history to defend their league title, they could well do it their manager has incredible tactical knowledge and their team is notably stronger than last season.

Madpool Looking Back: The best team to have never won the top title? Quite possibly. They have always seemed to be there or thereabouts and are a team that have established themselves among the best in the league.

Looking Forward: Their midfield is still feared throughout the league, some new players have been brought in and they will look to take the league while planning for a youth driven future.

Eights United Looking Back: Eights United are another team that went from looking insecure in the top league to now being a top tier team in it, they are without doubt a team on the rise.

Looking Forward: As was just said a team on the rise, they have a magnificent youth policy and a frankly scary team in terms of talent, Season 24 may be the breakthrough for them.

Battlestar Odwinica Looking Back: At one point it seemed Odwinica were on the rise and ready to dominate top league football however after just missing out in Season 22 Season 23 was a dissapointment.

Looking Forward: Looking at the sqaud this is a manager with a long term vision in mind, they are always a very hard side to beat, they will be in the top 5 without a doubt, the title may come next season.

Silverdale Hotpot Looking Back: Again like Odwinica this season pailed in comparison with last season although a dramatic cup win softened the blow. They have a very strong side to build on.

Looking Forward: With teams like Mcoy and Happenstance missing Silverdale are within the top 5 of teams that are in a league of their own when it comes NE xpert at the moment. They will want to fight to get their name on the title again.

Evening

A_Stunning_Evening.jpg

DuDs Baggies Looking Back: Baggies have been on an upward run after the return of their legendary manager, while not quite back at the top they have being enjoy a good degree of success.

Looking Forward: The team has a very youth orintated set up and after surviving in the top league they will now look to become established in it.

Bubbles FC Looking Back: Bubbles have had a long hard struggle to get to the top league after seeming like an eternal Middle League side and they have achieved this goal.

Looking Forward: They have a growing side but one that lacks true star power they may need to bring in a couple of handy new players to retain their new status.

The Comerade Co-op Looking Back: A team that quietly went about their buisness of plugging away and trying to improve themselves had their first season in the upper league last time around.

Looking Forward: Because of various teams leaving they may have another go again they need more star power to succeed but the manager has a great tactical edge.

Rising Phoenix Looking Back: Won their first trophy this season and look forward to returning to the top league where they have found success hard to come by.

Looking Forward: They have many star players and some interesting youth prospects this will be a crucial season where they will want to prove the deserve to be in the top league.

Winston Gardens FC Looking Back: A relativly new side that have become succesful quickly, they have done well to finish 2nd in the Middle League and will now be taking a huge leap up to the top league.

Looking Forward: They have some talented youth and a few star players look to this team as a long term prospect for huge future success.

Real Peeps Looking Back: Always seemed to have crisis after crisis in the Middle League, they may have qualified to go up this season from it even if they haven't a great season for them.

Looking Forward: A well built team backed by a world class goalie, they have grown recently and the manager seems to be getting more consitent performances from his team.

Morning

morning_dew.jpg

Dragooooo Looking Back: Dragooooo faced an uphill task trying to prove themselves amongst established teams but a savvy manager and astute tactics ensured they were a force to be reckoned with and had a great first season in the middle league.

Looking Forward: Would take a huge fall from grace to go back to the lowers now, expect them to close ranks, build up team work as the manager decides when the team is right for his team to go forward.

Aqui1a All Stars Looking Back: Have aquitted themselves well in recent seasons and finished 5th in the middle league last season earning another season in the middle league.

Looking Forward: They have a squad that is on the cusp of turning into something great but they need another season or two hard work to really develop.

Seahawks FC Looking Back: A veteran of Xpert now and an almost eternal middle league side, looked in danger of going down this season but nipped bad form in the bud at just the right point.

Looking Forward: Should be doing better have a very capable sqaud and will benifit from being a middle league veteran next season good be their best chance at winnin the title.

Leeds M.O.T Looking Back: Leeds have been a consistent team and able to sustain a presence as a respected team in the league, their squad is starting to look thin however.

Looking Forward: Sadly the manager has announced his retirement, season tickets for the team sold out straight away, could the team give their manager a trophy as a parting gift?

Dawn

dawn.jpg

AC Elites Looking Back: Did very well to qualify for the middle league and have made great strides to seperate themselves from other new teams, with their manager already having experience of winning leagues.

Looking Forward: They are looking very strong already and will shoot straight back up to the middle league to establish themselves there for a couple of seasons, strong in all areas with a talented manager.

The Sixty-Fourthers Looking Back: The nearly team that have been a presence in NE Xpert 11 for years, have finished 2nd in the top league on more than one occasion but now find themselves in the lower league.

Looking Forward: There is nothing to stop this team winning leagues and games except for maybe more aggression, picking playmakers, pursuing new tactics really going for other teams.

Yellow Submarine Looking Back: Like AC Elites had an adventure this time around with a great campaign last season struggled this season but that is to be expected for the first time in a new league.

Looking Forward: Has a great youth set up will be vying with Elites and 64s for the title next season and will surely come straight back up to the middle league.

Hadens Rangers Looking Back: Rangers missed the boat last season but used the time to unify a slightly unbalanced squad this time around.

Looking Forward: Will want to survive in the middle league while also securing their long term interests, may be a tough ask but should throw up a couple of shock results along the way.

Fedex United Looking Back: Seemed destined to be a team that would forever be in the lower league even with a capable manager they always seemed held back by something, that changed this season.

Looking Forward: Have a side packed with talent and have quietly been picking up results, will look to distance themselves from other promoted sides and last the course.

Bayer Neverlusen Looking Back: Took a similar course to Rangers missing out on promotion last season but earning it this season, their manager has stated his interest in youth development and has a long term vision when it comes to Xpert.

Looking Forward: The long term vision is still in the process of occuring, they may be the most vulnerble promoted side but may turn out to be the mustard seed of Xpert starting off small to grow into a side of unlimited potential.

Recall United Looking Back: A side that has been in all leagues but is most known for their time in the middle league indeed it was a shock when this season they failed to go up.

Looking Forward: Have a very strong defence but a midfield that let them down badly and was exposed this sesaon if that is addressed nothing will stop them rising in the ranks again.

Coloccini FC Looking Back: Always a good side to play and had a night of high drama and pride at the cup final recently when they were within secons of winning the cup.

Looking Forward: They are now fully set in team balance, managerial talent and teamwork values to ascend to higher fields they should easily be a middle league side.

Andys Allstars Looking Back: This team had its first season and they did themselves proud, they were able to cope with the pressures of a first season and pick up 7 wins for their fans.

Looking Forward: They established themselves well last season and will now seek to take some scalps of sides that have more experience, watch out for them this year.

Midnight

midnight+moon+at+the+lake.JPG

Chartreuse Bolts F.C. Looking Back: In there first season sadly the team was left to their own devices by their manager and failed to deliver results for most of the year.

Looking Forward: The manager is very talented and has toyed with the idea of coming back if he does look to this team to be a real contendor for a top 5 finish.

Cubic County Looking Back: A history of hard fought battles and one or two nearly moments sums up the managers old club when the new club was made the manger lost interest and decided to leave.

Looking Forward: This club provides new teams with two games to try new tactics and youths out.

Emo Blades Looking Back: A club with a huge amount of history and once in the top tier of the game, the glory days seem a long way away now and the manager only showed up once or twice last time around.

Looking Forward: Could easily be a title contendor next season and the whole league would love to see this manager back.

bob Looking Back: New team.

Looking Forward: A new team and a new season! Hopefully they will make a great impact and everyone will help them along their way.

Drahkonius FC Looking Back: New team.

Looking Forward: A new team and a new season! Hopefully they will make a great impact and everyone will help them along their way.

Aussie FC Looking Back: New team.

Thank you all for such a great Season 23, this season looks to be shaping up to being a cracker with several teams vying for titles in every league. Have a great season guys! Will start it as soon as Jimbob has got back to me about his friend joining, he will replace Cube if that happens. I will do lottery at a later point will inform everyone in a separate post who is eligible.

Tuesday 21st First day of the season good luck!

@dan\-likes\-trees

@bob

@ReZourceman

@uəʌəsʎɐɾ

@gaggle64

@DuD

@Zell

@Mr_Odwin

@Lucas3693

@dr4hkon

@Aqui1a

Edited by Haden

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait what?! Ell and 64thers don't get relegated?

If I'd have known that coming 8th and 9th meant survival, I would have tried a bit harder and not have played youth towards the end of the season.

Oh well, at least that's two fewer teams challenging for promotion, I should hopefully bounce straight back to the Middle League.

If I'd have known that coming 8th and 9th meant survival, I would have tried a bit harder and not have played youth towards the end of the season.

Oh well, at least that's two fewer teams challenging for promotion, I should hopefully bounce straight back to the Middle League.

Hmm, yeah, that is a tad bit unfair. A bit of a downer actually! Makes the relegation fight of last season seem very redundant now...

Sorry about that, I agree it's annoying but it's unavoidable when other teams leave. When a team leave the 8th ranked player gets to stay to make up for the other team leaving since otherwise only 9 teams would be in the division.

Great first post @Haden.

Got a great start to the season, don't have a real challenge until the fourth match.

I need some answers about a question I am about to ask you: Training Cone - what does it mean exactly?

I have a youth in my academy who is an 18 4 with a training cone, diva and has great shooting power.

What does the training cone mean? I understand it means he'll keep high form?

I need some answers about a question I am about to ask you: Training Cone - what does it mean exactly?

I have a youth in my academy who is an 18 4 with a training cone, diva and has great shooting power.

What does the training cone mean? I understand it means he'll keep high form?

Yeah, it means his form stays higher for longer, you don't have to train him as much and any losses in form are usually smaller! I would probs keep him!

Yeah, it means his form stays higher for longer, you don't have to train him as much and any losses in form are usually smaller! I would probs keep him!

What about DV, does it affect that at all? Am I to assume that as his form will be higher, he will find it easier to gain DV?