NEurope
Ashley

Adventure Time

No European deets as far as I can tell. Emailed D3 with no response, next stop: Pendelton Ward.

Finished Season 2 last night, interesting how the series ended. Shall start season 3 tonight :). The show can get pretty dark at times :laughing:

This has now piqued my curiosity enough. I shall see what the first season is like.

(Part of the reason is that someone pointed out that John DiMaggio was in it, so I had to check out a clip on YouTube to see what kind of voice he was doing. Then I watched a few more.)

Edited by Cube

I keep meaning to watch Archer but so far I have been cba. :) It has Bob's voice actor from Bob's burgers from it.

I shall also check out Frisky Dingo, thanks for the rec.

H. Jon Benjamin, also Coach McGuirk in Home Movies.

Speaking of Bobs Burgers though....Episode 2 I saw Totoro on the kids dresser!

Check out the Collector's edition for the upcoming 3DS title.

yhyh.jpg

If I had a 3DS I would so get this.

Heads-up for whoever's in the US: Hot Topic have lots of Adventure Time stuff, including plushies, t-shirts, and headphones. Labor Day sales on Monday, too!

I think Adventure Time is really great, but it's best suited to a weekly/occasional watch. I tried viewing it in chunks when I first heard of it and it was just... too much of whatever Adventure Time is? I dunno. I don't feel particularly compelled to watch it either, which is weird considering this sort of show is usually "right up my street".

It also kind of irks me off that stretchy/wavy limbs were something I used to draw a lot and now anyone who sees my stuff will inevitably say "HEY, ADVENTURE TIME!" which will drive me insane.

[edit]

I went on Wikipedia to read about this show and the continuity is definitely something I can get behind. I'll definitely pick this back up after I've watched the thousands of other shows I have queued.

Edited by Guy

Because of the frame rate issue?

I mean that the song had a slightly different meaning over here.

This is just what I need in my life. No sarcasm.

...Babies...punching your....Buns?

I felt the third season was a little lacking in comedy when compared to the prevous ones. I was laughing out loud with the previous seasons but not really with the third one.

Wait...this is a legit thing with an actual following ?! why am I only informing myself now ?!

I presumed when I watched it with my friend it was just a kids show, do many non-kids watch it? this is the best news, i think I know how to preoccupy myself for the next month

...Babies...punching your....Buns?

Buff babies punchin' your buns!

did anyone watch it last night on CN? the one with the ice king's secret?

the hinted at back story that Ooo is earth in the future after nuclear war.

The title sequence has A bombs and stuff in it

theres all the old world stuff and mutants living underground

several episodes mention wars etc

and now we know the Ice King probably survived the nuclear winter we see on that episode

I think the hinted at but not in your face back story is cool, but it adds to the oddly dark elements that come

Don't buy the 5" finn and Jake! i got both and was REALLY disapointed, they are so cheap and nasty!

Stretchy limbs? err no the arms are cheap rubber with the finn it can't even hold the sword it droops down drops the sword and returns to position

With Jake he can't even hold the weight of his large hand accessory!

The legs are crap and can't stand up and they seem worse quality than most happy meal toys

Bemo that came with Jake was alright

worst purchases ever

That would be these two

although i hear the 2" min statue/figures are really good

Edited by Agent Gibbs

Just watched a video review of those ones (YouTube recommended it, what's a boy to do?) and yeah they do seem a bit rubbish. Although I kind of want Jake to get BMO!

The show has now reached 100 episodes (kind of...)

Posted something on Tumblr yesterday and someone's reaction amused me.

I said it's weird they made a big point about Lady Rainicorn being pregnant and we've not seen/heard from her since. Are we to assume she'll just pop up with pups next season?

Someone responded with "it takes 9 months".

Yes, because the human gestation period applies for magical unicorn/dog hybrid offsping too...

The show has now reached 100 episodes (kind of...)

Posted something on Tumblr yesterday and someone's reaction amused me.

I said it's weird they made a big point about Lady Rainicorn being pregnant and we've not seen/heard from her since. Are we to assume she'll just pop up with pups next season?

Someone responded with "it takes 9 months".

Yes, because the human gestation period applies for magical unicorn/dog hybrid offsping too...

In this series....yea it might.

who knows how long it will take or even what kind of offspring she will have! look at Gunter's Egg! it hatched a magical cat

They're doing another gender switch episode and NPH is coming back and Donald Glover will be voicing Marshall Lee!

tumblr_ln0w49LgVJ1qjf2u2.gif

(although I didn't think much of the first but...)