NEurope
CompSci

Tales Of Symphonia Yay or Nay?

wow its been a long time since i have been on this NGC board, may be due to my pc and ps2/xbox lol, any how, i am in a debockle at the moment, i need a rpg to tide me over till i get a xbox 360, ok i have played paper mario, KoTHR1 and 2 and love them all, now as you can see i love rpg with a good worthwhile story now can some plz tell me if Tales Of Symphonia, has a epic of a story?, i now all about its battle system and what not, but nothing about its story, so without spoiling it can you rate the story out of 10, as i guide line i thought KoTHR 1 story was a perfect so base it on that

The opinions diverge on this aspect, I really enjoyed the story, it's full of twists and turns. No idea what KoTHR is, but I wholeheartidly recommend this game even if it's not perfect.

Story is a bit crazy sometimes, with a LOT of twists, but it is a great one. 9/10

Tales of symphonia is the one game I have that has lasted a year before getting boring. Well worth the £37.99 price tag it had, and I don't regret one penny I spent on it.

Tales of Symphonia is a RPG that needs playing by any person who likes RPGs. Buy it and enjoy it for what it is, a great fun RPG. :)

10/10 second favorite game behind RE4 great game great story line full of surprises bonuses second time through like RE4!!! Great game

i cant recommend it highly enough.

good story, more twists and turns than ... uhh. a twisty turny thing...

and you can change the difficulty of the battles, just in case you have fears of launching into an easy game.

if you have played tales of phantasia, it is very similar in style.

anyone know where I can find a good price for this? Its still pretty expensive....

i brought it, played it for an hour, aint played it since

that is what u should base your decision on DUM DUM DUM

anyone know where I can find a good price for this? Its still pretty expensive....

Check Amazon, you might find it for as low as £30.

I loved ToS but now im playing Dragon Quest 8 and it seriously shits all over ToS. Its now my favorite RPG of all time without even finishing it yet. If youve got access to a PS2 (im using my brother's) do yourself a favor and pick up DQ, its seriously that good

I didn't like it really. It was the story that killed it for me..................and the game never knew whether it was serious or if it was ment to be full of jokes........this did add depth to the characters, but I just felt that there was two conflicting styles for the script. The skits were a stroke of genius, as they didn't have to be read at all, but they added so much more for each characters development.

Also the main basis of the story was just soooo old and cliche, but with different names chucked in to spice things up........I'm bored of these mana stories now, and especially considering nearly every cutscene or piece of the script has the characters mentioning it non-stop.

The battle system and item management during battles is the best part of the game...........and it's the best use of real-time battles I've ever seen in a rpg.

The game overall gets a 7/10 from me.

It's still a great game, but just not for me I think..............more people have come out praising it then giving a bashing. So it's probably worth picking up if you like rpg's.

I've got a mint copy of TOS which I may be putting on ebay tonight/now tomorrow along with a few other rare games (Gitaroo Man anyone :wink: ). It typically sells for quite abit aswell, as it's getting harder to find nowdays.

I'll edit this post with the link later. (ends shameless sale plug :laughing: )

I give this game 10/10. I haven't enjoyed a JRPG this much in a long while. Probably last with Suikoden II. I like the voice actors, story, graphics, side-quests, battle mode, world, characters...

This thread's tipped me over to getting ToS. I've been umming and aar-ing for... eons. But I'll go hunting for it now.

ToS is awesome, buy it now guys. I won't say anything else as everyone has already said all that can pretty much be said.

its a great game i just love RPG with bril stories such as TOS. I would highly recomend it as its worth a play if your into RPG's. Think i might check out Dragon Quest 8 next tho as i have nearly completed TOS :)

Found a pre owned copy of this game in GAME today!!

Started playing it today and its awesome. Its my first proper RPG that I've played and its awesome. Hopefully it'll keep me busy for a long time...even though I've got 3 pieces of coursework due in on monday and I haven't even started them yet!!!

Lovin it at the mo tho!! :D

Yep , definately would recommend it.

I did find that the game/story would drag in places , but it was still a highly enjoyable experience. I do plan on going through it again at some point when I get time.

Would you say its better than skies of arcadia??? cos that was ace even though its quite old now. If it i any where near as good as that game then I'd buy tales