NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Wii U

Hearing the devs sounding so reassuringly northern and comments such as "the WiiU version is probably the best looking one, the most developed", not to mention titbits about exclusive multiplayer modes, makes me want to support this all the more. *Preorders*

http://segabits.com/blog/2012/09/17/sonic-talk-episode-12-lycett-unleashed/#more-25374

Edited by Lens of Truth

Yep. Summary from GoNintendo:

- All Star moves usable in online multiplayer

- a wide variety of online modes, including battle mode, races without power ups, races with power ups, capture the chao mode, and party play mode

- each of those modes will have a ranking system.

- Private online lobbies are also included

- single player includes “Flying through rings, just flying the air section or the boat section. A completely different route to the normal mode. [...] World tour mode, challenge mode.”

- Traffic Attack mode: the player must take down NPC vehicles blocking their path

- main campaign can be played entirely in four player split screen co-op

- choose which missions to take on

- asymmetric gameplay in a number of exclusive game modes for Wii U

- “Music that’s iconic [...] it has a slight contemporary twist.”

- soundtrack may be released separately

Wow sounds like they're putting a lot of effort into this!

Well Sonic does sell best on Nintendo platforms ;-)

Glad to hear this is going so well as the original is very close to my heart. Glad to hear that they fixed a lot of the issues which were unavoidable due to the complicated development originally.

They better have made the missions as fun as they were last time :p

Why is this game launching so cheap!? I know it's a SEGA game and their prices tend to fall quite quickly, but still, I'm sure they could see it at a higher price for a while!

£24.99 on PS3 and 360 is the same price as the 3DS version!

The 360 and PS3 versions at shopto are under £30, not the Wii U version though.

Why is this game launching so cheap!? I know it's a SEGA game and their prices tend to fall quite quickly, but still, I'm sure they could see it at a higher price for a while!

£24.99 on PS3 and 360 is the same price as the 3DS version!

Maybe they're having it really cheap since it's coming out around the same time as Call of Duty

Sumo Digital was asked about voice chat in Sonic and All-Stars Transformed after the Wii U voice chat news came out. Here's what Sumo Digital had to say.

We don't support voice chat on WiiU for those reasons, one of the side effects of being a launch title basically.

Well that's just made my choice a hell of a lot easier. 360 version here I come!

Ad so it starts. The wave of typical Nintendo bullshit comes in. We can have all th excuses in the world of launch titles and such. How come cod and FIFA have voice chat?

Lets hope they can patch it...

I know it's not an excuse, and it should be an option, but really why does anyone need voice chat in a racing game?

I can't see it being anything but annoying basically!

There's no team work involved, nothing to really talk about... all you're gonna here is people laughing when they hit you with a power-up and some swearing when you hit them with a power-up!

I think personally I'd rather do without even if it was an option!

Yeh its pointless having voice chat, all you will get is stupid little buggers swearing , wii u version will have the best graphics, and exclusive features why would you waste your time on the 360 one instead

If I were getting the game, it wouldn't change my opinion either way, since I don't use voice chat. But, there's no sense in not including that option when other versions will have it. That's the issue here, not whether you like voice chat or not.

but really why does anyone need voice chat in a racing game?

Sure, voice chat is annoying with random people, but it's great with friends.

I know it's not an excuse, and it should be an option, but really why does anyone need voice chat in a racing game?

There's no team work involved, nothing to really talk about... all you're gonna here is people laughing when they hit you with a power-up and some swearing when you hit them with a power-up!

I think personally I'd rather do without even if it was an option!

I agree on a personal level, but it should always be an option. Also, for me, it's a worrying signal of things to come that's the biggest statement.

All these issues about lack of voice chat are Nintendo'a fault, if they had put in place cross game party chat and included a cheap 360 style headset with each bundle, we wouldn't all be complaining.

Regarding voice chat for this game though, not that fussed.

Do I think Nintendo will put voice chat in any of their major multiplayer games (Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Mario Party), no.

Let's face it, Nintendo Land should be both online and have voice chat, but it's Nintendo, we won't get that until their next-gen console... and even then details will be slim, unconfirmed and generally unknown going in! :p

Yeh its pointless having voice chat, all you will get is stupid little buggers swearing , wii u version will have the best graphics, and exclusive features why would you waste your time on the 360 one instead

Voice chat is not pointless at all if you have mates playing. I was looking forward to getting this and was hoping to have a Mario Kart style league going on here. Having voice chat would be great for the LOLs and banter while weapons are getting fired left, right and centre.

Why would I waste my time with the 360 version? I love the 360 pad, it already has a robust online service where I CAN chat with people, it's cheaper and I have mates on there who will also be buying the game. I was willing to look past this stuff and buy it on the Wii U, but not now.

Its already been said but it's not about whether you use it or not, it's the fact that such a feature has been cut from the Wii U version and as such makes you wonder if other companies will follow the same trend and just dish out borked versions of games. This is why I wanted party chat so if this does happen we still have the option to have some banter.

It's baffling that a feature such as voice chat isn't being used on the Wii U when it has been around since the original XBOX days. Next gen indeed.

It's a lazy port to make launch, what do you really expect? Corners are going to be cut.

I expect to be able to talk to people online, a feature that has been on a console for 10 years. :heh:

It's a lazy port to make launch, what do you really expect? Corners are going to be cut.

Its not a lazy port though, I'm sure I've read reports of Sumo Digital putting a lot of effort into the Wii U version.

Regarding voice chat, if Nintendo arent bothering with it, why should they.