NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Wii U

Just got this and been playing it for last 30 mins or so. The graphics are great and the game does have this gun vibe to it. Ive been playing using Knuckles and he has levelled up?? I dont really get it to be honest. What do the characters achieve by getting exp?

I did smile when on the first Sonic the Hedgehog track when "Super Sonic Racing" music came on. Nostalgic.

Also annoying was when I was playing a GP and the game just froze. So I had to pull the plug on the wii u. Also Alex the Kidd seems to be stuck to walls? The game appears very glitchy.

So far though im enjoying it. Its not as polished as Mario Kart is but it certainly shines.

Edited by Blade

Levelling up unlocks different mods, so you can play as the same character but with the kart handling slightly differently (higher top speed, looser handling etc).

Looks like an update for this is imminent. Among the fixes are tweaks to difficulty on Traffic Attack and a couple of other modes, improved motion control for the Wii U, a rating penalty for players who quit races intentionally (even for router resets) and road shaders adjusted to prevent 'driving in the sky' :)

Hope this fixes the glitching on Roulette Road as well.

Full details here:

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?474696-Console-Updates

Looks like an update for this is imminent. Among the fixes are tweaks to difficulty on Traffic Attack and a couple of other modes, improved motion control for the Wii U, a rating penalty for players who quit races intentionally (even for router resets) and road shaders adjusted to prevent 'driving in the sky' :)

Hope this fixes the glitching on Roulette Road as well.

Full details here:

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?474696-Console-Updates

Are they ever going to stop Alex Kidd getting stuck in walls?

Wonder if it fixes this:

That happened to me on several occasions. :rolleyes:

Can't see myself playing this game again any time soon anyway. :hehe:

Should go back since they made the traffic attack missions easier, they were a nightmare. I lose some bragging points though. :P

Wish they'd hurry up with the new DLC character as quickly losing interest.

I finally had a proper go on this last night in multiplayer at someone's house on his XBOX 360.. but did my initial lacklustre feelings of the Wii U demo finally change..?

I'm afraid the answer was a resounding NO :hmm: I didn't really expect my opinion to change much and whilst I'd be happy to admit that it's not a bad game, it doesn't seem to give me any satisfaction. It was often quite hard to see what was going on and I missed how crisp and clean Mario Kart is..

I could carry on with personal complaints but there's no point :heh: I can now say with certainty that I have no desire to own the game..

One problem with this game is unlocking the final two missions. I've been doing everything on Hard, but I don't have enough stars to progress, so I need to re-do a load on Expert to progress. A bit annoying.

Still, the gameplay is brilliant, probably the best kart racer out there. The weapons, while no iconic, work well (the Blue shell replacement is great) and the All Star is no longer too powerful. The drifting and boost (as well as boost starts) are all immensely well done, and the game is fast with incredibly smooth controls.

The more dynamic levels that change each lap are also brilliant (helped by the kart/plane/boat mechanic), and there's some great variety (unlike the previous game). And the difficulty is in the AI with absolutely no cheating tactics - if you get ahead and race perfectly, the other racers simply can't catch you.

I'd even go as far to say that this tops Double Dash!!.

This is 15 quid at Blockbuster. Should I bother with it or have I missed the boat? I'm thinking it'll be a fun multiplayer game. Is the local multiplayer good? Online any good? Enough in single player?

This is 15 quid at Blockbuster. Should I bother with it or have I missed the boat? I'm thinking it'll be a fun multiplayer game. Is the local multiplayer good? Online any good? Enough in single player?

Buy eeeet naaaaaaaaow! :D

Seriously, game is amazing, I spent a good hundred hours or so on it over a couple of months. :)

Holy crap flink GET EEEET! I think I actually enjoy this more than MK Wii. The courses are fantastic.

Another plus one for getting it.

I may even pick that up myself at £15!

And another jumping on the bandwagon saying you should get it Flink!

Bought it on the 360 when it came out and absolutely loved it. Great tracks (so much nostalgia!!!) and the gameplay is superb. Definitely enjoyed it much more than any Mario Kart since the DS one. Whether there's a decent online community on the Wii U I don't know but even if you only play it single player or local multiplayer it's top notch.

Yeah, if you like good games it's a must buy. It's one of the very few kart racing games not called "Mario Kart ____" that actually deserves to stand alongside Mario Kart :D

I've purchased it. 15 quid seems like a bargain. We shall soon see.

The demo seemed awesome, so I'm excited. It's great to already have two very different racers in this and Need for Speed. I'm looking forward to trying this out on multiplayer.

I'd rather keep the £15 :hmm: Unfortunately, despite my previous complaints, I played this again tonight. My brother owns the game on Wii U so one of my friends wanted to see what it was like. We started up a 4 player race, nobody could really see what was going on and everyone hated it..

I just don't see what it is about the game that seems to bring people so much joy ::shrug: I genuinely feel a little upset that it will be in my play history on my Wii U.. :nono:

nando, you make me sick. Literally sick in my toilet bowl. Such a fantastic game... WASTED on you. If your only experience has been local multiplayer then I may forgive you (as that's the one huge problem with the game) but if not... my GOD.

But don't worry I'm just jesting! Each to their own! I'm a fan of Wii Music, afterall!

Nand doesn't like anything post Gamecube remember ;)

I think the game is amazing. Though it is a bit of a mess in 4/5 player. 2 player though is fantastic. I see the game as a sloppy minor masterpiece; it doesn't have the class of mario kart, it's a bit buggy and not the tightest of games. But just brilliant fun, and being able to play 5 player online from one machine is something Mario Kart HAS to do!

But don't worry I'm just jesting! Each to their own! I'm a fan of Wii Music, afterall!

Nand doesn't like anything post Gamecube remember ;)

Lies.. it's all LIES :nono:

I see the game as a sloppy minor masterpiece; it doesn't have the class of mario kart, it's a bit buggy and not the tightest of games.

That sounds like adequate justification not to like it :heh: My friend even made the audacious claim that "Mickey's Speedway USA is better.." :laughing:

I played 2 player for a couple of hours a few weeks ago and wasn't particularly impressed. Nothing about the game feels right to me :hmm:

this was £7.99 in HMV for ages. I bought it once and traded it in at Games for £12 and then bought it again.

I saw one guy buy every copy HMV had, went to game and traded them all in as a deposit for a PS4.

I'd rather keep the £15 :hmm: Unfortunately, despite my previous complaints, I played this again tonight. My brother owns the game on Wii U so one of my friends wanted to see what it was like. We started up a 4 player race, nobody could really see what was going on and everyone hated it..

I just don't see what it is about the game that seems to bring people so much joy ::shrug: I genuinely feel a little upset that it will be in my play history on my Wii U.. :nono:

Brah, stop being such a hater. You be hatin' all the time. Hatin' the Monster Hunter, hating Sonic Racing...

Hater!

That sounds like adequate justification not to like it :heh: My friend even made the audacious claim that "Mickey's Speedway USA is better.." :laughing:

It most certainly is not, I can guarantee this as you sold me your copy! :laughing:

Sonic & All-Stars *takes a breath* Racing Transformed might not be better than Mario Kart if we're all honest but it's most definitely a well made racing game that contains heaps of Sega nostalgia, the odd glitch and a fantastic online multiplayer mode that Nintendo would do well to look at for inspiration...

... so long as they make it better than that of course, which they will I'm sure. :p

I can safely say that I would like another Sega Racing game, just not for another year or two. ;)