NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Wii U

It's finally dropped to a price, that's now competitive with the 360/PS3 versions :0

£14.98 at Zavvi

Yeah, that's more like it. :)

I've ordered a copy. Hopefully I enjoy the full game a bit more than the demo. :hehe:

Yeah, that's more like it. :)

I've ordered a copy. Hopefully I enjoy the full game a bit more than the demo. :hehe:

My copy is also on its way - see you online soon!

The game is so good, I will be gobsmacked if people don't love it. We should organise a big game on here, there is definitely enough of us who have the game.

My brother has it and him his girlfriend and his sones play me and my girlfriend. It's so good to be able to do that, 5 players online from one console is something Mario Kart has to do too.

The online has LOADS of stupid, unnecessary problems, but it's still great.

I wish I had a Wii U so I could play with you guys! It's so lonely being a PS3 player lol. Maybe you should organise something with @Josh64 and I can join him :D

I feel silly for buying it at £39.99 now :P But heck, it's such an amazing game, it was worth it to have it a few months early.

And yeah I'll totally be up for a game, if only I could get a good connection going. Some days it works fine but mostly it tends to disconnect. Might move stuff round a bit to get a better wireless signal!

The demo I thought was alright, but nothing particularly amazing. Is it really worth picking up? Especially since I know NONE of the characters except Sonic and Tails.

The demo I thought was alright, but nothing particularly amazing. Is it really worth picking up? Especially since I know NONE of the characters except Sonic and Tails.

I would say so. At 15 quid it's really a no-brainer! Great fun, some very cool track designs and the World Tour mode is fiendishly addictive and challenging.

Online is good too, when it works.

@Ronnie, the feedback from here suggests that the game is worth getting at that price. If I had a WiiU, this would be one of the first two I would be getting. The other is ZombiU.

Question for you folks: What is the first game like? I'm craving a racer and am temptedings by this for the Wii.

Question for you folks: What is the first game like? I'm craving a racer and am temptedings by this for the Wii.

I received the first game as a gift a few years ago.. albeit, an unwanted one. I gave it a go and just felt that it didn't do anything for me. It lacked soul :hmm:

The latest game gives me much the same vibe so I don't imagine I'll ever be buying it. I just don't feel it..

The first game was awesome. I actually preferred it over Mario Kart on the Wii, as you could knock the rubber banding AI off.

Transformed is MUCH better than the first game. This one has better track designs and vehicle handling plus motorbikes aren't overpowered (much like Mario Kart Wii), the only good thing about the first game is that there are better characters... well aside from Big the Cat :p

So it turns out that I was lucky (or not, ey / nando / :heh:), as my £14 copy of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed has arrived from Zavvi. :o

It's time for Ulala to funk this game up! :bouncy:

So it turns out that I was lucky (or not, ey / nando / :heh:), as my £14 copy of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed has arrived from Zavvi. :o

It's time for Ulala to funk this game up! :bouncy:

Haha.. I'll honestly be very keen to read about your impressions of the game as I know you understand my reservations with having some of your own :smile:

Positive impressions from a Super Mario Kart aficionado could sway me :heh:

I'll tell you in advance.

"This game is an absolute steal at under £15. It doesn't have the class of mario kart but it is fantastic, and Mario Kart could learn a thing or two from it!" Redshell, Some time in the future

I received the first game as a gift a few years ago.. albeit, an unwanted one. I gave it a go and just felt that it didn't do anything for me. It lacked soul :hmm:

The latest game gives me much the same vibe so I don't imagine I'll ever be buying it. I just don't feel it..

In fairness, you do hate some pretty good games. MONSTER HUNTEEEER, for one. :p

I'll tell you in advance.

"This game is an absolute steal at under £15. It doesn't have the class of mario kart but it is fantastic, and Mario Kart could learn a thing or two from it!" Redshell, Some time in the future

He'll have to do better than that to convince me :grin:

He'll have to do better than that to convince me :grin:
Well, I've just played it for a couple of hours and one thing is for certain, it's definitely much better than the demo would have you believe.

Having played a number of different tracks now (including a sublime Super Monkey Ball one :awesome:) and being able to play as a character that I really like (Ulala) has made all the difference. :smile:

What can I say though, / nando /... It obviously ain't in the same league as Mario Kart, not even close in my opinion. But like dazzybee and the rest of the peeps on here with the full game have already said, it is a great racing game. There's loads of content to enjoy (the one area where it has the edge on MK) and it's definitely fun, really fun at times.

It's very cool when you successfully link together a combo of drifts and tricks, the speed you can achieve as a result is seriously impressive, not to mention highly rewarding. icon14.gif

Anyway, I'm certainly very happy with it so far (especially considering the ridiculous price I paid for it :D), and say it's definitely worth checking out, but sooner (i.e. before MK8 hits) rather than later. ;)

BTW, gonna try out online play in a sec if anyone's interested in joining me.

: peace:

*EDIT*

Just had a few online races with @Mike. The online setup for this game seems unbelievably bad. :blank: It plays fine, nice and smooth, but the procedure for setting up a game is nasty. :shakehead

Edited by RedShell

If I needed a new game, I'd probably be happy enough to pick it up, @RedShell, but being snowed under with other quality games to play I'm sure I'll more than hold out for Mario Kart 8 :smile:

Thanks for the feedback :hehe:

I think im going to pick it up when I next get paid. I did think the demo was pretty rubbish though. @RedShell seems to have addressed this though. I did find it difficult to control aswell.

I did find it difficult to control aswell.
Were you using motion controls or traditional?

When I first played the demo I quite liked the motion controls on land and sea, but when flying they're a right mess! :nono: So I've stuck with traditional since getting the full game.

Anyway, I've been glued to this today. Time Attack mode in particular is so damn addictive! :eek: I really love the way time trials are done, just recording your best lap, and you can keep racing the course non-stop! Forget "just one more go", how about 100? :D

It's also great how it flashes up on screen as soon as you beat a friend or Staff ghost (complete with overly enthusiastic SEGA voiceover guy* :grin:) "You're faster than Sumo!!" And how it instantly drops more difficult ghosts into the race after you beat one.

So slick. icon14.gif

Unfortunately though the online issues with this game seem to carry over to Time Attack mode too. I've noticed that my best times don't update on the leaderboards. :sad:

*This is funny:

:laughing:

Unfortunately though the online issues with this game seem to carry over to Time Attack mode too. I've noticed that my best times don't update on the leaderboards. :sad:

The time attack leaderboards take a while to update, it's not instant but your time will get there eventually. The time attacks might be fun for now but wait til you try beating the expert ghosts on Chilly Castle and Sky Sanctuary Zone :D

Picked this up the other day, my first Wii U game since launch and I think it's absolutely fantastic. Probably enjoying it more than I've enjoyed the last couple of Mario Karts infact.

The time attack leaderboards take a while to update, it's not instant but your time will get there eventually.
That's an understatement! :heh: I just checked earlier today, and they still aren't right on the leaderboards. :o

I wonder if this is an issue with the online system on Wii U, or if it's that bad on other consoles as well. ::shrug:

Can anyone with the 360/PS3 version confirm?

Anyway, I got to the "end" of World Tour mode today, and the credits have rolled. There's still lots and lots left to do, but I can't see myself getting to 100% on this one.

It's just too annoying at times. And as @Mike mentioned on Miiverse, A and S class missions in World Tour can be far too difficult. :nono: They're obviously doable, but I don't think I can be arsed to replay some of the more annoying ones the amount of times that would probably be necessary inorder to complete them. :blank: