NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Wii U

Been playong this the last few days. Excellent kart racer. Been playing multiplayer campaign mode, with gamepad and classic controller.

I have seen plenty of frame rate issues and I seriously doubt it's "some people are just unlucky". I haven't seen much of the game in exclusively single player mode though. Perhaps it doesn't happen in singleplayer and perhaps that's why some of you have seen less of it?

The worst offender is the Monkey ball level with the whirpool section. The area shortly before that part gets to like 10fps or something.

Anyway, it doesn't spoil the game though and apparently these issues are there on all versions, so whatever. It is certainly more robust than the recent MK games, at least the ones after MKDS.

That might actually be it, ive never played in local multiplayer so it might be the source of all the frame rate issues. Playing in singleplayer dosent seem to have any issues.

Be sure to go on Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed featuring Wreck it Ralph & Danica Patrick on Christmas to unlock a special character, Kidds!

Man, been watching some gameplay videos of this lately and its made the fact I can't play it just yet even more painful. Absolutely loved the original, first racer I had played in a long while that exceeded the enjoyment I got from most Mario Kart games.

The stages and the music look and sound completely fantastic. All them colours man!

I intend to be putting a lot of time into this over christmas.

I have only played it for around 8 hours according to the activity log - and that's not unlocking / doing very much at all.

All my time has been spent on Mario!

Forgot about the Christmas character! If it isn't Billy Hatcher or Eggman in a santa suit / beard - I'll be fuming.

:heh:

I intend to be putting a lot of time into this over christmas.

I have only played it for around 8 hours according to the activity log - and that's not unlocking / doing very much at all.

All my time has been spent on Mario!

Forgot about the Christmas character! If it isn't Billy Hatcher or Eggman in a santa suit / beard - I'll be fuming.

:heh:

You are not going to be pleased then, its not either of them...although i could see Sega releasing Billy at Easter

You are not going to be pleased then, its not either of them...although i could see Sega releasing Billy at Easter

Nah I doubt it. If he was an Easter character, people would've discovered it by now, just like how they found the special Xmas unlockable character...

Here's hoping!

I miss Billy in this game!

Played a lot more of this this evening.

One thing I ABSOLUTELY LOVE in the world tour mode is the ring races! :love:

Flying through the rings and getting to the checkpoints in time. I'd quite like a full game of just this please Sega. Sod the car and hovercraft (or whatever it is) - I want plane dammnit!

I could play them bits all day!! :D

Sooo... no one else unlocked Alex Kidd yet then?

I'm racing as him now, it's good to have the little fella back! :)

Sooo... no one else unlocked Alex Kidd yet then?

I'm racing as him now, it's good to have the little fella back! :)

I'm all over this later!

I like that Alex Kidd is back. He may become my permanent racer as I'm still toying with the character list to find the one I like best! :grin:

This game has really got on my fuckin nerves today.

What's with the difficulty?

There's just no need for it. The first game was difficult enough to 100% (Which I did after several tries on certain things) but this is taking the piss.

The traffic challenges are just not even fun.

Start - Restart

Start - Restart

Start - Restart

Start - Restart

Start - Restart

Start - Restart

That's pretty much been how my day has gone.

Activity log shows me playing this game for nearly 4 hours today.

In that time I've S ranked 3 challenges.

That's 3.

It's beginning to lose its fun.

EDIT - As soon as I ranted I did the usual

Start - Restart and FUCKIN DID IT!

Yes bitches. Still wasn't worth the 4 hours :angry:

Well, onto traffic challenge 2! ... :cry:

This game has really got on my fuckin nerves today.

What's with the difficulty?

There's just no need for it. The first game was difficult enough to 100% (Which I did after several tries on certain things) but this is taking the piss.

The traffic challenges are just not even fun.

Start - Restart

Start - Restart

Start - Restart

Start - Restart

Start - Restart

Start - Restart

That's pretty much been how my day has gone.

Activity log shows me playing this game for nearly 4 hours today.

In that time I've S ranked 3 challenges.

That's 3.

It's beginning to lose its fun.

EDIT - As soon as I ranted I did the usual

Start - Restart and FUCKIN DID IT!

Yes bitches. Still wasn't worth the 4 hours :angry:

Well, onto traffic challenge 2! ... :cry:

It's brutal isn't it!? But honestly, I find the races and the sprint sessions the hardest by far. Can't even get 1st on the second racing event atm as I think I need to level up some other chars apart from Sonic.

How is everyone doing for Stars? I'm up to 153 and last time I played I think blood came out of my nose

How is everyone doing for Stars? I'm up to 153 and last time I played I think blood came out of my nose

I have all of the stars - from all four difficulties - in case anyone is unaware (like I was) they do stack so if you like you can go straight into a 'Hard' challenge and you'll get the stars for the lower levels too. :)

Alas I'm still plugging away at the review but it'll be worth it once it's finished. :D

Sorry for being 'lazy' about getting it done, but the game itself is just so much fun!* : peace:

*Apologies for that terrible rhyming pun.

I was tempted to get this game until I found out I'd missed out on Ralph. Now I'm pissed :p

I was tempted to get this game until I found out I'd missed out on Ralph. Now I'm pissed :p

Missed out on Wreck-It Ralph?

But he's in all versions of the game - or so I thought - It's only Metal Sonic who's exclusive to the 'Limited Edition' which there should still be a decent amount of stock available I would have thought even though the game is selling well. :)

Sorry for being 'lazy' about getting it done, but the game itself is just so much fun!* : peace:

*Apologies for that terrible rhyming pun.

Don't apologise! I enjoyed it :laughing:

And you got all of the stars?!! I bow down to thee - S.C.G.:bowdown:

My turn to rhyme haha.

Missed out on Wreck-It Ralph?

But he's in all versions of the game - or so I thought - It's only Metal Sonic who's exclusive to the 'Limited Edition' which there should still be a decent amount of stock available I would have thought even though the game is selling well. :)

Oh I thought that's what Josh was getting at with this:

Be sure to go on Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed featuring Wreck it Ralph & Danica Patrick on Christmas to unlock a special character, Kidds!

But I'm now guessing its Alex Kidd?

May pick this up today if I can find it for the £30 mark in stores (unlikely, I know).

But I'm now guessing its Alex Kidd?

May pick this up today if I can find it for the £30 mark in stores (unlikely, I know).

Correct, you get Wreck-It Ralph and Danica Patrick as guest characters regardless of which version you get though obviously I have to recommend picking the game up asap because you do get Metal Sonic + Outrun Bay track in the limited edition which are well worth it. :)

Alex Kidd will simply unlock if you change your consoles clock to December 25th - or just wait a year :p - so he's basically in the game but an extra.

If you have no joy in the high street then you might want to order from somewhere like ShopTo as they currently have the game for only £29.86...

http://www.shopto.net/wiiu/WIIUSO01-sonic-allstars-racing-transformed-special-edition

It's definitely the Special Edition too, though you might want to hold fire until tomorrow/later as it's always possible that they will have a New Year sale so it might get even cheaper yet! :D

Oh and if you do get the game then be sure to add me if you'd like to race online sometime. : peace:

Nice work Sam! That deserves respect indeed!

And I think you can still get Alex Kidd... I got my copy on boxing day and only played it on the 28th and I still got it. Do it @Ashley ..... DO IT.

Isn't the RRP £30 so you should definitely find it for that. Supermarkets will be your best bet.

After hearing good things about this I downloaded it from the eshop. Loving it so far. (As those who have seen my Miiverse messages will attest).

I also got Alex Kidd after Chrimbo. Also wondered how I unlocked the Outrun track - which is brilliant! The eShop one must be the Limited Ed. version.

Also: Alex Kidd's AI is borked a lot of the time. He gets stuck in walls and is sometimes just a non-responsive racer who just bounces around the tracks too.

Pretty funny to see.

After hearing good things about this I downloaded it from the eshop. Loving it so far. (As those who have seen my Miiverse messages will attest).

I also got Alex Kidd after Chrimbo. Also wondered how I unlocked the Outrun track - which is brilliant! The eShop one must be the Limited Ed. version.

Also: Alex Kidd's AI is borked a lot of the time. He gets stuck in walls and is sometimes just a non-responsive racer who just bounces around the tracks too.

Pretty funny to see.

I noticed this when I ended up over lapping him on sky sanctuary, little guy was crashing into everything

It's fun, but quite difficult. Also, my accelerate button hurts :(

And who decided to name one of the stickers "You Got the Horn". I mean, really!?

My response whenever I see Danica Patrick:

tumblr_m8co97v2Hm1qbkf6lo1_500.gif

Am I missing something with the console mod. It makes things...worse?