NEurope
jayseven

Fruit.

I like fruit, mmm. My favourite is probably apples, with the Pink Lady being delicious. I have 8 of them waiting to be devoured. =D

I also love strawberries and nectarines. And watermelon (seedless one is awesome if the seeds bother you!). Bananas can be lovely too... as a kid I used to eat them cut up in pieces with dark brown sugar on top. It tastes so good, especially when the sugar starts "melting" onto the banana.

Sometimes I'll eat mandarins if it's the season, but they are a bit fiddly to eat.

I also never liked pineapple until recently. And pineapple on pizza is yummy!

Olives I cannot stand, at all! They just taste horrible to me. Even when they are cut up and hidden in the food, I can still taste them. Just ruins the food for me. =(

Right now we have strawberries in the fridge, waiting to be eaten with whipped cream. We're going to turn it into a fruit salad with some apple and banana. It will be lovely. =D

I've noticed i've been eating a lot more fruit than i've ever eaten, mostly oranges and apples at the moment. Have at least 2 in work and one on the way home. I'm also quite fond of blueberries, usually got a pot in the fridge at any one time.

I've never really liked Olives until recently where I just ate them because they were on the table at a restaurant and I thought why not. Now I'll eat them and be normal.

I like pretty much any fruit other than bananas, so i'm enjoying the banana hate by some people in here. Unfortunately, when i use to live in the Caribbean, my Dad actually worked for a banana plantation company and got free bananas all the time, and i would refuse to eat them. Gross. They are just awful. And Jayseven, they indeed a herb.

Speaking of bananas, all you banana eating fools have probably been opening them wrongly all these years. BOOM! More minds blown.

NO! >:0 Then I can't eat peacefully!

I'd really like to see you eating strawberries then... xD

Bananas are the only fruit I eat out of the house. Everything else just makes my hands too sticky.

Speaking of bananas, all you banana eating fools have probably been opening them wrongly all these years. BOOM! More minds blown.

Everyone I know opens bananas the wrong way, but they insist it's the right way when I tell them. And I'm like, "but look at cartoon banana peels!" and they're all, "NO YOU'RE WRONG" while they pull at the pointy bit of the banana and complain about how hard it is to peel.

I'd really like to see you eating strawberries then... xD

You might one day. And be sorely disappointed :p

I know I totally hate random gifs and have moaned about them in the past, but:

KayleeStrawberry.gif

Kaylee is never random.

Olives are so good. Just...open a can and start chowing down. Green Olives are foul though.

@bob that banana vid is ace - will be freaking others out with that. When I was a kid I'd skip the fuss and just snap the banana in two then peel away both halves from the middle - or kinda split the skin... hard to explain.

Kaylee is never random.

Olives are so good. Just...open a can and start chowing down. Green Olives are foul though.

Funny! I've found green ones to be milder (less bitter?) so far. Will have to experiment!

I eat way too much fruit. Mostly because work provides it, so it's pretty much a free, but healthy way to snack.

I can't eat apples, which is a shame, something a few years ago just really upset me and now apples make me sick. Bananas are fine, but I pretty much prefer them as sandwiches (anyone else used to eat banana sandwiches as a kid?), strawberries are very sweet so I only eat a few.

Mostly I tend to stick to raspberries and pears. Pears are a messy fruit! I certainly wouldn't eat one of those walking about.

I feel slightly weird talking about fruit on a forum, no idea why. /random

I eat way too much fruit. Mostly because work provides it, so it's pretty much a free, but healthy way to snack.

I can't eat apples, which is a shame, something a few years ago just really upset me and now apples make me sick. Bananas are fine, but I pretty much prefer them as sandwiches (anyone else used to eat banana sandwiches as a kid?), strawberries are very sweet so I only eat a few.

Mostly I tend to stick to raspberries and pears. Pears are a messy fruit! I certainly wouldn't eat one of those walking about.

Banana Sandwiches - the only way to get me to eat brown bread as a child. Also apple and sugar sandwiches.

Damn... Dude. Banana sandwiches with brown bread... I NEVER REALISED IT WAS JUST TO MAKE ME EAT THE BROWN BREAD.

Fuck, man, I even ate the end bits of the loaf if there was banana promises made.

Another fruity fable (that I've told before); my old product design teacher made the whole class silently stunned when he took out a kiwi fruit, said he'd missed lunch... and just took a bite out of the fucker. Skin and all. Nobody could believe what he had done. He might as well have bitten into a baby.

Fruit. Mmmm. It's pretty good, but I'm just pretty bad these days; so my fruit intake is generally limited/non-existent. I kinda went off it all really! I've been off Bananas the longest, just...not for me. Mango and Citrus/orange family are my favourite though! My mum's some sort of orange peeling badass, all she needs is a knife and a few minutes and she manages to peel it like a satsuma or something! Which leads me on to the quite sad point, I only really eat fruit if my mum is forcing/suggesting it upon me, and even then I sometimes don't! Used to love watermelon but cba with the seeds now. Don't like plums because they're like...amazing inside, yet really shitty in the skin. My main fruits are mango(will always have a bit of mango!), orangey things, and then...Apples? Or probably Cherries, I love cherries when they're good. All of this has just made me realise how unhealthy I am :(

Haha Jay + Iun, I'm glad it wasn't just me. I made a banana sandwich the other day - so good! I miss them, jam sandwiches too.

I just bought a huge honey something melon, its lovely, but so messy!

You might one day. And be sorely disappointed :p

What? U no remove seeds from strawberries? WHAT HYPOCRISY! >: o

I just bought a huge honey something melon, its lovely, but so messy!

Honeydew?

71.jpg

Probably the king of melons. Althought to be fair, I've only tried honeydew, cantaloupe, galia, and watermelon. If there's a holy grail of melons that I've missed out on then please let me know.

What? U no remove seeds from strawberries? WHAT HYPOCRISY! >: o

Who, in their right mind, removes seeds from strawberries?

EDIT: Dammit nightwolf, you've made me really want a melon.

Edited by MoogleViper
Automerged Doublepost

Yes Honeydew melon, I was sat there for quite some time trying to think without Googling. I love it and we regularly have it in the NYC office, might have to pester to get it back in Cambs.

Bumping this thread to post a very big FUCK YOU to pears. Such a bottom-tier fruit.

I have a similar problem with pineapple. I loooooove pineapple, used to eat it all the time, and I love pineapple juice... But somewhere around the age of 19, any time I would eat it I'd be on the toilet within a few minutes. The worst was one time that I had a tropical fruit juice after tennis one day.. My arms started to go numb, and then my face... :S scary stuff, 15 minutes with my head in the toilet bowl shortly afterwards fixed the numbness...

massive sadface.

Bumping this thread to post a very big FUCK YOU to pears. Such a bottom-tier fruit.

You are talking nonsense. Pears are amazing but only if they're really ripe.

This is a lie. You liar.

Every grainy bite of the disappointing pear only serves to remind us of the superior fruit options that are available.

Not really ripe. They have to be just ripe.

That's the problem with pears. You only seem to have a 3 hour window within which to eat one.