NEurope

Flink, I would have gone with a gentle whirlpool and a bit of salt for poaching. Works for me. Most importantly though is to get the water faaackin hot though so the egg flash cooks. Also, as mentioned, being out of the fridge will make this win more.

In terms of different recipes, well son I've got a couple of wondrous adventures put aside for you:

French toast/Eggy bread: Cosmically brilliant and there are so many variations that you can pull. Beat a couple of eggs in a bowl and then pour onto a plate (be careful!). Then take bread and wipe it into the mixture on both sides, popping it into a hot, seasoned frying pan. Cook on both side and voila! Then you have your options of what to do with said mastication material:

• Blueberries on top with a sprinkling of icing sugar. Can even go so far as some fruit culee for drizzling (if you're tres posh)
  • BACON STACK! Crispy fry some bacon and diagonally cut your eggy bread. Alternately stack bacon and eggy-b in a visually pleasing architecture before dousing heartily in maple syrup.
  • A family classic - Eggy-dip jam sandwich. 2 slices of eggy bread with your favourite red jam spread between (best if down whilst still in the pan but be careful of caramilised sugar injuries :/ ). Once on the plate, sprinkle granulated or caster sugar on top. Sounds weird, tasted wicked!

Eggy-in-the-basket: Stupid name, but also muy bueno. First, lightly toast bread on one side if pos. Then, using an appropriately shaped pastry cutter, cut out a hole in the bread and keep the bit in the middle. Lay the main piece raw side down on a hot frying pan and carefully release the contents of a whole egg into the middle. It should fry and stay in the middle of the bread whilst toasting the remaining side. Not sure but I think you want to butter the bread on both side to toast in the pan and don't forget to finish off the middle bit. Should look something like dis:

straightR1.jpg

Boiled egg and soldiers: If you haven't done this yet, you're DEAD TO ME.

Eggs benedict: Now you know how to poach eggs and I'm not going to tell you how to make Hollandaise sauce but this is one of my favourite things in the universe. Serve with good black coffee. Would recommend trying the Delia recipe:

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/main-ingredient/eggs/eggs-benedict.html

And generally speaking my most important piece of advice is, if you like your eggs, by them fresh. It's becoming increasingly popular to keep chickens and eggs that were laid that morning by happy chickens are AWESOME. You'll probably get them cheaper than the shops n all.

French toast/Eggy bread: Cosmically brilliant and there are so many variations that you can pull. Beat a couple of eggs in a bowl and then pour onto a plate (be careful!). Then take bread and wipe it into the mixture on both sides, popping it into a hot, seasoned frying pan. Cook on both side and voila!

This is kinda how we do it in our house. Except we soak the break in the egg, and (I at least) scrape the excess off. When fried this is amazing and tastes nothing like egg (I personally can't stand that egg taste).

Served with either a sprinkling of sugar, or bacond and maple syrup, or bacon and covered in spaghetti rings.

Er guys, you're doing eggy bread wrong. Lashings of ketchup is where it is at.

French toast is loooooovely! I always have it with sugar, more specifically light brown sugar. Tastes like a big pancake. =D

Soldiers are amazing too, though I haven't had them in ages. I like having them with strawberry jam, then dunking them in the egg. Mmmm.

*wants both of these now*

Er guys, you're doing eggy bread wrong. Lashings of ketchup is where it is at.

French toast is loooooovely! I always have it with sugar, more specifically light brown sugar. Tastes like a big pancake. =D

Soldiers are amazing too, though I haven't had them in ages. I like having them with strawberry jam, then dunking them in the egg. Mmmm.

*wants both of these now*

The pair of you are sick...

Besides,myou need to add milk plus a touch of vanilla and sugar to your French toast in the preparation stage. Or even better, vanilla sugar which is a finer sugar and dissolves more quickly. Leave the bread soaking in the mixture for thirty minutes in the fridge.

Besides,myou need to add milk plus a touch of vanilla and sugar to your French toast in the preparation stage. Or even better, vanilla sugar which is a finer sugar and dissolves more quickly. Leave the bread soaking in the mixture for thirty minutes in the fridge.

I don't really see the difference between adding in sugar in the mixture or adding sugar on top afterwards. =P

And yeah we do add milk, but don't leave it in the fridge. I couldn't wait that long, if I'm making a meal, I want it there and then haha.

I don't really see the difference between adding in sugar in the mixture or adding sugar on top afterwards. =P

And yeah we do add milk, but don't leave it in the fridge. I couldn't wait that long, if I'm making a meal, I want it there and then haha.

That's what The Night Before is for! Make it at 8pm and have it at 8am! Do the same with waffle or pancake batter! Nomming is so much easier when you prepare ahead!

Seeing the ol' egg above reminded me of something and I wondered if I'm weird;

I do NOT like to have runny(at all) yolks in my eggs, like...they have to be cooked solid yellow through. I dunno why, I just always have had it like this and can't stand it otherwise(or at least I tell myself that, I probably could). Does it make me weird or does anybody share my strange eggy issue?

I hate it in a fried egg when you have to finally penetrate the yolks defences and eat its entrails.

I cry every time.

I do NOT like to have runny(at all) yolks in my eggs, like...they have to be cooked solid yellow through. I dunno why, I just always have had it like this and can't stand it otherwise(or at least I tell myself that, I probably could). Does it make me weird or does anybody share my strange eggy issue?

No... you're a monster :hug:

And whilst we're talking about Eggs:

Eggs.jpg

You're all wrong. Well Iun is close. The recipe recently stumbled upon, and have used several times now is godly.

Eggs, milk, vanilla essence. Get brioche.....soak, for at least 5 minutes really.

Fry.

Finish off in oven for 5 minutes at 200 degrees or so. Cooks the inside, so its more fluffy and less stodgy.

Serve with maple syrup and preferably bacon.

I thought I had a photo, but I do not. If I make it tomorrow for breakfast I'll upload one.

Some of these French bread/fried egg breads (as my family call it)/eggy bread techniques are shit. So shit that they are laughable. Har har har har har. Vanilla essence? No wai.

All you need are eggs, bread, some milk, butter to butter the pan with, a plate and a frying pan. Maybe some sugar for putting on top afterwards, or jam, or whatever. Nothing else.

I was doing some food shopping in ASDA earlier and noticed that they had one of these poached egg pans. Thought it was a tenner, but at the till it came up as 6 quid. Bonus! Used it at home by filling the pan with some water, then poured the egg in when it was boiling. Not sure if at this point you need to turn the heat off, or keep it on. Trial and error will tell us the answer to this.

The eggs were wonderful. PROPER poached eggs. Not like the meh-ish ones I ended up with in midweek. I'm in heaven!

Y'all need to try French toast Asian style!

The way my mum's always done it is basically soak a peanut butter sandwich in beaten egg mixed with some amount of milk, then fry until browned. Drown in golden syrup and butter. Yay! (Don't know what I'm yay-ing about, the last time I made it was...a year ago.)

The way my mum's always done it is basically soak a peanut butter sandwich in beaten egg mixed with some amount of milk, then fry until browned. Drown in golden syrup and butter. Yay! (Don't know what I'm yay-ing about, the last time I made it was...a year ago.)

Sounds lovely... would totally kill me though :/

Peanut.........Butter?

I had not even........

THY WILL BE DONE.

omg-rage-face.png

Foo Yung is great. It's pretty much an easier omelette. Great with soy sauce.

Bluey made me this as an April Fool's joke:

526803_10150610622572554_324213887_n.jpg

Tis actually a hot-cross bun with yoghurt and peach half. Not bad eh?

So hard boiling an egg, right?

I just watched two videos, one said bring water to a boil with the lid off, then add the lid and take off the heat.

A second video said bring water to the boil with the lid on, then remove the lid and lower to a simmer.

wtf

309178_10152035061240581_1303909614_n.jpg

=

WIN.

So hard boiling an egg, right?

I just watched two videos, one said bring water to a boil with the lid off, then add the lid and take off the heat.

A second video said bring water to the boil with the lid on, then remove the lid and lower to a simmer.

wtf

You don't need a lid at all!

This saves energy because you can switch off the cooker after putting on the lid. It also boils it less "harshly", so the yolk won't be overcooked! :)

True stuff... also if you use a shit cooker like us then having a lid to put on or take of helps control your heat better.

I'm with you non-runny-Rummy!!!!