NEurope
jayseven

I'm a 25 year old ginger-bearded au pair in Australia. AMA!

I've somehow squeezed n-e out of my routine, and I think I want to claw it back. I've read a lot of threads like this over the years and never really imagined I'd be making one. Except that one time, 5 years ago, when I stopped posting for 6 months and came back as teh_emo.

What've I missed?

Hello Jayseven.

The biggest development in my life (which I am sure is the subject you want to hear about most) is that I have moved out with Claire. We have a bad ass flat (renting of course) and it is fun. I am now skint. Work is going well. Busy. I have not been around here as much recently. We need to sort out a proper home for the PC/get a tablet/get a laptop. Claire has had a pay rise and job change, she now is on more than me. I plan to be a kept man, but we are not at this stage yet. I am coming up with a drama/thriller/political/super hero comic. I am writing a screenplay about hooliganism in a popular British sport. I am writing a comedy web series with a friend called "World Wide Weird", the main character of which is an arrogant Australian philosopher.

599397_10151971158145581_1941409628_n.jpg

Another choice quote of his;

"Do I like movies? Well. Harry Potter and the Phantom Menace is my favourite one, so what does that tell ya?"

---------------

The meet was amazing. We got interviewed, there were younger, and younger and younger still girls, there was free gaming at Namco as facilitated by an inside man (Dyson), Balderdicks, blank page game....watch the videos!

539802_10151889513500581_814621519_n.jpg

283789_10151889516520581_867489385_n.jpg

How the fuck are you? I've been eager to hear your exploits.

Edited by Mokong

You're allowed near children?

<sigh> Rapture is here, everyone, world ending, cats and dogs living together, Jay taking care of the kids... everybody shuffle disconsolately to the prayer shelters we built, no lollygagging.

How's tricks? Did you buy a wobble board yet?

I got laid.

I didn't get laid.

Yes you did, you just don't remember it. I made sure of that.

Only the best N-Europe Meet so far.

I heard... and I was mega jealous! The one time I don't go. Maybe... maybe that's the link! :'(

Hello Jayseven.

clare/comic/www

--aussie philo--

---------------

The meet was ameeting

--meet--

How the fuck are you? I've been eager to hear your exploits.

Congrats on moving out. YOu want to be a kept man, you gotta learn the housework skills :P I saw your aussie philosopher on FB and I thought "... needs more cunt"

You're allowed near children?

<sigh> Rapture is here, everyone, world ending, cats and dogs living together, Jay taking care of the kids... everybody shuffle disconsolately to the prayer shelters we built, no lollygagging.

How's tricks? Did you buy a wobble board yet?

I was surprised as everyone :P It's my cousins, rather than just random kids. They're decent enough, and unfortunately they know about this forum so I can't tell you how much of a pleb one of them is (:P)

JAY! We've missed ya, buddy! :hehe: What've you been up to down under? :)

Working on my housewife skills, basically. I cook daily (got me some excellent recipes), clean, sort, tidy, iron. I have learned to appreciate the boundless efforts my mother put in, and regret the whining I did when I was younger because it's hard work. But I also get a relatively stress-free life, but that just brings the weekly (or so) mad stress-head worries about the future.

Seen sights and animals. I live in a suburb as far from sydney as brighton was from london (about an hour away), so I'm not exposed to the 'hip' happenings of city life. I have no friends, and everyone has been hassling me about making new friends since my lady went back to the uk about a fortnight ago (therapy is fun).

I have watched many tv shows (but not as much as usual due to limited internet), read a few books (currently have a Dexter anthology) and recently aquired an MP3 player to go on some walks with.

How about you (dannyboy)?

Hey, Jay :smile: Great to see you, N-E definitely isn't the same without you.

Very kind of you, Jonnas :) My alcohol intake has dropped quite a bit (quite expensive over here!) so I've not had a good 'ramble' in a while. I may need to see to that...

How about you (dannyboy)?

Oh, not much. I've recently finished my first year of university, and generally I'm just taking it easy. Life's pretty good at the moment. :)

Ah! You're a live, good to hear things are working out 'down under' etc :). What are you doing these days? Working etc.

Ah! You're a live, good to hear things are working out 'down under' etc :). What are you doing these days? Working etc.

I get $200 a week to 'au pair' -- cook, housekeep, help my cousins with homework. My food is paid for, and no bills. I've started tutoring another kid, which is another $30 an hour. I have time during the day to get more supplementary work, but a combination of my visa and my age - minimum wage here for my age is £10.50, which is twice as much as the min. wage for 16 year olds, and above and beyond that of anyone younger. Kids can work from any age here, with parental consent - it is fairly common to see 14 year olds serving you.

Looking after two 'kids' (14 and 16...) is a surprising amount of work, and in a way I feel like I've matured a lot and learned a lot about myself, who I am and who I was. I've had a few nice trips here and there, seen the animals of oz etc, but not been able to afford great barrier reef or uluru (ayer's rock) just yet... though I've started saving since I got more money a week. Everything- everything is more expensive here.

I am jealous of everyone with a proper, grown-up job :P

Welcome back, it seems the life down under is working out well for you. Very pleased indeed.

AMA? Wow, leaving yourself open to some awkward Reddit style questions without the extra A!

Have you had to fight off any dingos from the two kids you're supposed to be looking after yet?

The upside down name and picture, coloured hair and beard, suspicious geographical location, doing womenly chores...

U SURE U NOT ROKHED?!!! >

:o

Hope you manage to keep up this regular posting, Jay. Always great to hear from you, I'm so happy Oz is treating you well and you're learning in life

I have made a n-e space on my desk, for my laptop to reside, and I have begun to re-integrate it into my routine. It should be a sticky thing. Mmm.

Well, two mafia games are ending so more should start soon.

So when the sign ups start you should do so.

What've I missed?
Well. We did redesign and relaunch the entire site. There is that.

I don't use a signature now, not using a signature is cool.

I don't use a signature now, not using a signature is cool.

That's what i heard.

I'm not cool.