NEurope
Beast

Street Slang

Okay so does anybody understand a WORD of what young ones say today? I'm pretty young (22) and I have no clue sometimes of the slang that goes about today, it's utter bollocks! I can just about understand what they're saying but there's one today that totally lost me. It wasn't in a conversation I had but with what was said about me.

All I want to know is what the heck does 'peg' mean? There were these girls in tracksuits on the bench who looked at me, laughed and one of them said "He's well peg" or something like that. As far as I knew, pegs were what you put on the washing line to hang your clothes. Does it have a new meaning now?!

So have you had any experiences with people talking this kind of drivel to you? Do you understand it? Can you make sense of what they're saying? I don't get it! Just talk normally! Ugh!

So yeah, discuss! :D

YOLO!

I'd guess from "He's well peg" that young girls are now turned on by washing line pegs.

I hate YOLO so much! I will slap someone round the face if they say that and when they ask why, I'll just shrug and say "YOLO?". Ugh!

But yeah, way to break the gender stereotype, eh? haha. To be fair, I don't know if it's an insult or not though. I just find it seriously odd. I mean, I know my name is Dazz but bloody hell, the connection to washing is just ridiculous!

Well, according to Urban Dictionary...

peg

A term coined by sex advice columnist Dan Savage that refers to an act of love making that involves a woman with a strap-on dildo anally penetrating her male partner.

"Jennifer pegged the shit out of John last night; I bet he won't be able to sit down for a week."

That's probably not it, but I thought it was funny after your other thread. The things you get up to when you're not on N-E. :p

To be fair, my own generation is just as bad. I've heard people calling others "weapons", which I thought was the same as "tool" except that it's saying something's great (or both). Adding "the" to "shit" somehow completely reverses it's meaning. And "sick" can also mean two complete opposites.

Well, according to Urban Dictionary...

That's probably not it, but I thought it was funny after your other thread. The things you get up to when you're not on N-E. :p

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

What the heck is that generation on?! I may have got the word wrong but it sounded like 'peg' anyway.

To be fair, my own generation is just as bad. I've heard people calling others "weapons", which I thought was the same as "tool" except that it's saying something's great (or both). Adding "the" to "shit" somehow completely reverses it's meaning. And "sick" can also mean two complete opposites.

I've never heard of that before. Also, I tend to say something is the shit sometimes, haha. Although, I know if someone's "buff" or "fit", they're good-looking and if something's "boog", it's terrible.

You might be thinking of "Peng", which apparently means good according to my mouth breathing friend at work. As does "Dench". As in "That Judie is well Dench".

To be honest, I'm glad they're all stabbing each other in record numbers.

You might be thinking of "Peng", which apparently means good according to my mouth breathing friend at work. As does "Dench". As in "That Judie is well Dench".

I think you mean "That Judi is well Dench".

I think you mean "That Judi is well Dench".

For fuck's sake, even the most upper class actresses are spelling things like twats now. The English language is fucked. We'll be back to grunting and throwing our shit at each other before the year's out.

For fuck's sake, even the most upper class actresses are spelling things like twats now. The English language is fucked. We'll be back to grunting and throwing our shit at each other before the year's out.

Way ahead of you :D *fling*

"ook"

I lost interest in the progress of the English language when the "LOL" acronym fell into common usage. It was annoying when people sent you emails ending with a "LOL" but when people started saying it instead of laughing, I had to just check out of the whole English language debate,

I like slang... it helps me tell if the person is a complete twat or not in a short amount of time.

I'm going to make up my own slang and see if it sticks. Or start speaking Jive.

I'm going to make up my own slang and see if it sticks. Or start speaking Jive.

Can't see YouTube in China, shall I assume that's surely an Airplane! reference?

To be honest, I'm glad they're all stabbing each other in record numbers.

tumblr_m2biezU88r1r14nhho1_1280.jpg

Those who say things are "crease" irk me. I mean what the hell is that

Damn kids...get off my lawn

Those who say things are "crease" irk me. I mean what the hell is that

Damn kids...get off my lawn

If something's a "crease" it just means it's hilarious...well at least it does in Geordie. Been in use up here for as long as I can remember, that one.

If something is extra funny, "fockin crease" may be used :heh:

Would hate to think it's moved any further south though (stealing our wordz and such).

If something's a "crease" it just means it's hilarious...well at least it does in Geordie. Been in use up here for as long as I can remember, that one.

If something is extra funny, "fockin crease" may be used :heh:

Would hate to think it's moved any further south though (stealing our wordz and such).

A few of the people I know around here have been using it...and I'm on the south coat

:(

A few of the people I know around here have been using it...and I'm on the south coat

:(

Well give them a punch in the face next time it happens :) Or ask them what it means - maybe it means something else down there? I live in Southampton half the year and have never heard anyone use it.

One bit of southern (London?) slang that always amuses me is "safe". Anyone care to explain this one?

I was brought up on Bill and Ted and Wayne's World slang.

That's all you ever need.

YOLO

I dislike. So I came up with my own.

YORK.

and

TOTO.

Guess what they mean?

You Only Rape Kids

They're Only Ten Once.

The concept of swag is beyong me' date=' too.[/quote']

Personally, I love swag.

It still has means "random crap that gets given out free at events", right?

Personally, i don't understand much of what the young kids are saying these days. To be fair, if they try to speak to me i ignore them. You don't want to speak english, then don't speak at all.

It's like that in Cardiff all the time, walking around and 1/2 the city speaking chav.

Edit: Found this, you can read this entire thread in what they all say.

Wonder what N-Europe is in Jive, click to find out.

Edited by Jimbob