NEurope
Happenstance

X-Men: Days of Future Past

I was at work earlier so could not reply properly.

You need to watch First Class and The Wolverine before watching DOFP. Definitely definitely definitely.

Just to point out, I wasn't saying that I thought The Wolverine was bad(I had my criticisms, but those are more story than execution, on the whole I found it good/enjoyable) - but is it particularly necessary to have seen it going forward into DoFP? Does it contain much of relevance?

Just to point out, I wasn't saying that I thought The Wolverine was bad(I had my criticisms, but those are more story than execution, on the whole I found it good/enjoyable) - but is it particularly necessary to have seen it going forward into DoFP? Does it contain much of relevance?

If I watched DOFP without seeing The Wolverine, I would definitely have at least one very big question, and it would irritate me massively not to know it.

I have a feeling I know what question you'd be popping, and I almost did mention it in my last post but didn't cos of the spoiillaaaaaaaars.

Man, I want this film like right now. Was looking at some pics and everyone looks awesome. So excited to see Anna Paquin as Rogue again!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I just watched the trailer. So excited. I hope Beast gets a good amount of screentime in this too, think he's probably one of the most underrated xmen.

Edited by Rummy

Man, I want this film like right now. Was looking at some pics and everyone looks awesome. So excited to see Anna Paquin as Rogue again!

Especially as she's learnt to act since X3! :p

Surely you Spliiiiish

splish_zpsd7778ca7.png

Nope... definitely meant SPLOOOOSH:

I did not get the reference.....I've never seen that show before...should i?

I've heard that it's a brilliant show. Personally, I would not be able to watch that jerky animation for more than a minute.

I've heard that it's a brilliant show. Personally, I would not be able to watch that jerky animation for more than a minute.

It is a brilliant show and one of the things that's great about it is that it's quite low budget. That and that Archer is the most repellent person ever.... but you still kinda like him....

Dick.

Has this got a release date?

Building on from First Class I think this is going to be awesome!

The 70's sentinel looks a bit wierd, but its not like it was going to look like the comic sentinel (although that could be a later model)

but that future sentinel! christ thats the thing of nightmares! its very....well if it were white it would look like a particular type of sentinel...

Quicksilver looks like a steam punk hipster....not keen at all

EDIT:

Woah that Rogue cover....is that a spaceship in the background?!

Edited by Agent Gibbs

I thought Rogue had been cut from the film?

Yeah Quicksilver is probably the only one I don't like the look of :/ Not sure what's happened there.

Edited by Shorty

Yeah that's Blink. This film is going to be insane.

I don't even know who Blink is! I am shame.

I thought Rogue had been cut from the film?

Yeah Quicksilver is probably the only one I don't like the look of :/ Not sure what's happened there.

Whaaaa? Why would they cut Rogue?!

The latest supposed script leak seemed to have Rogue still in it so I guess we wont really know until the movie comes out.

Whaaaa? Why would they cut Rogue?!

Well she did rescind her powers at the end of X3, and was always a bit of a weak representation of Rogue (not the actress, the writing of it, just had none of comic Rogue's attitude).

But I think she was just cut because she was only in one scene and it didn't fit the flow of the film. Perhaps they changed their mind after fan feedback.

I don't even know who Blink is! I am shame.

She first appeared in the Phalanx Covenant storyline. She was a quiet character and not very confident. She died saving the other Generation X kids at the end of that arc, which was only a few issues long.

dgruz7.jpg

Apparently due to fan demand she was brought back during the Age of Apocalypse arc. In this reality she was redesigned and rewrote to be a strong, confident character.

1995+Age+of+Apocalypse+30.jpg

(LOVE this issue)

Astonishing-X-Men-04-1995-puar-DCP-01.jpg

She was hard as nails and kicked Holocaust's butt after he nearly killed Sabertooth, who was somewhat of a father figure to her. (He was a good guy and part of the X-men in this reality )

879347-189477_171086_blink_super.jpg

I know she did come back to comics, despite the AoA storyline ending but I had stopped reading by then and have no idea how she came to the normal reality.

Man, I love the AoA. I may have to go up the attic and get out those comics again.

New Awesome trailer time

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Looks amazing. Gonna have to rewatch all the movies up to this point in the coming weeks!

Suppose I should watch First Class now.

Although that trailer has reminded me that Mystique has been doing all the twirly martial arts shit long before Black Widow did on our screens.

*drools* this. looks. amazing.

to be honest though, I would have been pretty happy with JUST the teaser trailer - especially when the movie is reasonably close to being released - but this trailer really ignites the ticket-buying part of my brain :love:

NOT in love with the new poster design though... opinions??

hr_X-Men:_Days_of_Future_Past_134.jpg

xavier reminds me FAR TOO MUCH of:

bike.jpg

:laughing:

Edited by bluey