NEurope
Dog-amoto

Is it quiet in here? Or is it just me?

It probably does have something to do with it...

Collective passion dying.

It probably does have something to do with it...

Collective passion dying.

Id say its less collective passion dying and more Nintendo not being the same company as when we joined. I myself love gaming just as much as I did when i first joined.

Id say its less collective passion dying and more Nintendo not being the same company as when we joined. I myself love gaming just as much as I did when i first joined.

Yep. In the past, Nintendo was the company to provide the best games, but no more...

In the great words of Brian Blessed, maybe it's because WE'RE NOT SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGH?

For me it's not Nintendo that's the problem, they are still the best. I think I've just lost my passion for gaming as a whole since I'm not playing the 360 or PS3 much these days either. Funny thing is I remember it starting around when the Wii came out. I don't think it was anything to do with the Wii though since I enjoyed the console alot.

I'll be buying the Wii U on launch but part of me is wondering if I should bother to be honest. Think I should try to cut down the number of games I buy but I'm finding it hard, old habits die hard I guess.

I'll always be following news and visiting game sites (especially N-Europe, it's the only gaming site I'm active on), not sure what I would do otherwise :P

Do people bother with the main page as much, or is it mainly the forums. Got to be honest, for me it's mainly the forums...

Do people bother with the main page as much, or is it mainly the forums. Got to be honest, for me it's mainly the forums...

I was using the main site for news for ages before I actually joined the forums, still do now a bit too. Obv my default is forums, but I'll check every few days for new front page news(don't really use any other gaming news). I tend to like the N-Europe review style with it's different aspects rated too.

I always check out new releases and read them if they ever take my fancy. I very rarely make a comment on the articles but that isn't to say I don't appreciate them though!

Well that's stupid. That's like a Nintendo forum where the members are sick of Nintendo.

...wait....

This is what I say when I tell my friends about this website... "It's a Nintendo forum, but don't worry, no one actually talks about Nintendo!"

Its a Nintendo forum, but I don't really play a lot of Nintendo games, my friend made me come on here......

:grin:

I havent used the main site in years, ive no interest in Nintendo news

Sad panda face

In fairness Conor decided this and then vanished off the face of the Earth. It was a difficult situation to be in and Tom did a fantastic job at handling it :)

Oh, I know that. I'll never forgive Conor for what he did. As much as people will bitch and moan about Nintendo abandoning them, they'll never know how Conor left us in the lurch and how we're still really feeling the effects of this. From what I remember, we didn't get as much as a sorry, or a response as to why he was doing this.

You've done great since then and it's evident that the site has improved a great deal with the likes of you and Tellyn sorting the news, the review guys pumping out the reviews and impressions, and even with the new format for the site. It's all fantastic and is what was sorely missing when Conor was here.

I'm confident that the site will continue to improve, but there's just such a long way to go. Especially after we lost crucial time.

Also, lol, I can't even remember which site it was that I joined briefly, but it didn't even last a week. I knew straight away when the reply for my first post was something along the lines of "Your sig is too wide, change it - PRONTO." Less than a measly 5 pixels wide or something shit. Thought it was incredibly rude!

Funnily enough, activity seems to have picked up quite a bit since this thread was made.

That was my plan all along

skeletor_dance_thrust_gif_he-man.gif

Definitely quiter than it was 6 months ago. Phases, bro. As bob shows, people disappear for years and return. As Shorty said, people grow up and priorities shift. A lot of the people who shared my teenage years on here have kept it as a port to call home, but don't write or call much, I guess!

I don't know about everyone else, but discovering reddit as a place to get my daily fix of the new, the funny and the wierd... well that affected my surfing habits. I very much forgot the community and just lurked, choosing that which was least effort. Mind you, I was practically ignoring facebook as well. But now I feel I need the groping hugs of the many, once more, and luckily it's still here with open arms. Which is nice :)

I agree with what @Ville said about tournaments. I really got into the whole Brawl tourney when it first came out (even though I got caned) and the level of organisation was impressive. I don't have a forum on my own site, nor do I have the great community that n-europe has (unfortunately, my traffic is mostly those passing through) so it's a shame that more isn't done to promote the community here - e.g., tournaments and prizes!

I've only recently started returning here because I wanted to play Nintendo games online again and @lostmario's MK7 league is the best one around. The stats, the organisation, the themes - all brilliant! Especially because it's got some great, positive members such as @RedShell taking part and helping to promote the fun nature of it all. This site/forum should really capitalise on that in my view! It creates shared stories through gaming, thus promoting discussion, and people love winning, especially where prizes are concerned.

As for the general side of things - I've voiced my complaints in the past, so I won't badger on but I can see why some newcomers might be put off - it feels (perhaps inadvertently) quite exclusive because the most established members are all quite close and there's a lot of long-running in-jokes, talking about stuff most people haven't the foggiest about. That can't be helped, but then most Nintendo fans don't join a forum to talk general, they want to talk Nintendo. If that side of things were given a boost, it may encourage people to switch between the two more regularly.

Also, @Ville - we need to get our Brawl on, muthatrucka! I owe you a few KOs...

Yo yo yo, the prodigal son returns! : D Nah, just kidding, welcometh back!

Yeah, I agree that the whole Brawl tournament was very nicely organised. Created such great feeling overall, people practising and getting to know each other by battling them. Dannyboy was using Ike, Tys-on-toast was very good with Cpn Olimar, and Sprout just kicked ass all over the place! There was also another Game and Watch user, Starman was it? Anyway, good memories...The Mario Kart League looks nice as well, too bad I don't have any MK games now...

Brawl would be fine my man, but don't have it here with me! Last online game I've played with the Wii was Monster Hunter Tri. Have you tried that? Man, what a game... : o

I would totally play a shit load of Brawl with everyone if online wasn't so laggy. It's my favourite game ever and I'm always trying to get people to play with me.

I'm always trying to get people to play with me.

We all know about that.

I'm biased, and this is no way condemning the fine work you people do, but the majority of the people that made me like this forum no longer post here - or at least they no longer post with any regularity.

N-Europe started out incredibly strong before fizzling out to nothing more than a graveyard hangout for those devoted to memories and nostalgia. This forum is basically the Wii.

But still, I love this forum and the memories, experiences and time period it represents. I would love to care about it again. In fact, I will start making more of an effort to contribute from now.

I'm going to go from making one new thread every three years to maybe two or three per SECOND. Most of them will be about Gremlins and Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Also, it would be really awesome if you guys could unban my old username and configure the forum to display it emblazoned in flaming red letters like some kind of textual apocalypse.

I am also willing to go there and contribute to further epic threads. My ability to animate the N-Europe logo spinning around an anus has more or less been PERFECTED in recent years.

Edited by Guy