NEurope
Sheikah

The Game of Thrones Mafia - Signup Thread

Hey all. I've decided to have a crack at hosting a Mafia based on one of the coolest book and TV series ever: Game of Thrones (aka Song of Ice and Fire series). For those who haven't experienced it, it's a tale of power, betrayal and witty humour. Anyone can get into it.

This game is going to be reported a little different. All writeups, and the prologue (below) are going to be made as a game and recorded as a video. I thought this might be pretty cool to put you guys into a game and show the epic shenanigans RPG style.

Without further ado, roll the opening:

I'd like to get a fair few playing (ideally over 12-13) so I'll mention a fair few, including N-Europe Game of Thrones lovers who might not venture into this part of the forums much and might want to take this chance to dip their toes into Mafia.

Due to the need to know the number of characters before processing things this game won't be starting for some weeks, likely not until after Jimbob's Mafia at least. NB - if you signup to play, please vouch to be active (take part each night/day). If you have an urgent reason to stop playing please inform me so I can try find a replacement.

Everyone, I'd love to have you play in my first hosted Mafia. Cheers.

@mr\-paul

@Dannyboy\-the\-Dane

@Dan Dare

@Mokong X\-C

@bryanee

@Murr

@Zell

Edited by Sheikah

WHAT YES

how much do i have to watch for there to be no spoilers?

My game is a bastardised mishmash of events of the first season with a lot of madeup-ery so you can go into watching it with an open mind. :)

Essentially a lot of it won't spoil the series, and unless you look it up you'll never know what does!

I am so definitely in.

I am offended at my name not being mentioned at the start of your video.

I am so definitely in.

I am offended at my name not being mentioned at the start of your video.

My apologies :p

I could have made the list gone on forever, I took a chunk of the people from the most recent posters in one of the Mafia threads (I think you'd been killed right at the beginning XD)

It's a conspiracy, I tell you. Every time I'm not in the mood for mafias, someone makes something brilliant that I can't afford to miss. Fuck it, I'm in! I know nothing of Game of Thrones, but since it won't follow the source material too closely, I trust that it won't be a problem in regard to spoilers or the game itself.

I'll probably never watch it, but sign me up for this mafia.

I haven't been in the mood for games, but the effort you put into reporting is amazing. I love the game theme. I'm in.

I'll probably never watch it, but sign me up for this mafia.

Seconding this, this is a fantastic idea! Do I need to know anything about Game of Thrones to play, though?

No Way! You don't need to have read/watched it to play this.

But if you have no intention of reading/watching the series you could always get a feel for some of the main characters here (warning - spoilers). Game of Thrones has a huge list of awesome characters, so there's a big pool to choose from. :)

Game of Thrones has a huge list of awesome characters, so there's a big pool to choose from. :)

Having a good pool of characters is always good. When I did my Firefly mafia there were just about enough characters (they're all amazing characters), but it would have been way to obvious for alignment, so in the end I made most of them up.

From what little I know about Games of Thrones, the "alignment" of characters is all over the place.

Having a good pool of characters is always good. When I did my Firefly mafia there were just about enough characters (they're all amazing characters), but it would have been way to obvious for alignment, so in the end I made most of them up.

From what little I know about Games of Thrones, the "alignment" of characters is all over the place.

Yup, that's the brilliant part. A lot are morally grey.

btw how did you make that intro?

I made it using RPG Maker XV Ace, it's a really versatile program and is great once you get to grips with it.

PLEASE LET ME JOIN THIS ONE! Oh my God, it sounds epic already! :D

I just noticed my name in the video, WOOOO! :D

I made it using RPG Maker XV Ace, it's a really versatile program and is great once you get to grips with it.

Can you actually play it or is it just for cutscenes?

I toyed with the idea of making it a game but it was too complicated. Since everyone is a different character there would have to be 10+ instances of separate games sent out each day/night and then I would have had no way to witness what people did in it unless they told me, which kinda defeats the point of the game.

This is too awesome. I like that I was player No.3 :heh:

OF COURSE I'M IN!

(Though the fate of my availability for the next few days is unknown, I trust it won't start so soon)

My game is a bastardised mishmash of events of the first season with a lot of madeup-ery so you can go into watching it with an open mind. :)

Essentially a lot of it won't spoil the series, and unless you look it up you'll never know what does!

Just like my Ace Attorney mafia, then. Sounds good, I'm not familiar with Game of Thrones.

Just like my Ace Attorney mafia, then. Sounds good, I'm not familiar with Game of Thrones.

Yeah, I think this is crucial in themed mafias. The game shouldn't spoil anything or be actually dependent on knowledge of the source, and it shouldn't be predictable for those familiar with it. The Ace Attorney mafia was perfect in this regard, and it sounds like Sheikah is going to nail it as well. :)

Mafia + Game of Thrones = Win. I think I'll come out of retirement.

Actually just watched the lil clip.

Fucking hell! I remember toying with RPG Maker 2K a decade ago! It was awesome. Slightly tiresome making all the event switches for things like treasure chests but had potential.