NEurope
Sheikah

The Game of Thrones Mafia - Signup Thread

Yeah, they streamlined a lot of stuff snow so some common events like treasure chests can be automatically inserted as a common event.

DuD! Yeah, where ya been man? :p

I have a slot left open for you. I've spent a while drafting out all the roles so ready to start making videos using RPG Maker now.

I been off festivalling :) thats why I sat the happy days mafia out.

With this RPG Maker, can you make actual games that you can play?

With this RPG Maker, can you make actual games that you can play?

Yes, that's what it's for. To make RPGs with. ;)

To the Moon was made using RPG Maker.

Yeah, you can make RPGs with it or even games that aren't RPGs. Pretty versatile.

That's awesome! I'm giving it a download and you guys can play it when I'm done! :D

Ha, you'll have to learn how to use it first. It also takes scary long to make stuff in it. :p

Ha, sure is you guys. I can't guarantee when I can start this as making videos takes a while, hopefully around Christmas I'll have some time to carry on making them.

I swear, this is going to start so late, Sheikah might as well open a new sign-up thread to see who's still interested.

Ah man, I was going through my YouTube channel and saw the videos I made for this about 6 years ago (using RPG Maker). Unfortunately it took me quite a long time to make these individual videos so I never got around to finishing it, and the Mafia scene here sort of died now.

Apart from the intro video, nobody ever saw the other videos I made, since they mostly deal with roles that each player would have received. I also made a video for the bad ending, setting up a second Mafia (boy, that was ambitious).

I thought some of you might like to see them anyway since I got as far as making videos for @Cube, @The Peeps, @Tales, @Zell, and @Mr-Paul.

Here's the original intro:

Roles:

Bad ending, and a hope for the future:

Edited by Sheikah
  • Like 4

[mention=2464]Sheikah[/mention] mate. These are stunning. 
Six years ago... crikey.
Thanks. :)

Hard to believe it's been that long!

Wow, I remember this sign-up thread. I hadn't even watched the series or read the books at that time. But maybe I would've enjoyed the game regardless.

This was definitely over-ambitious, especially for your first game (for example, why do the ending first, when it would make more sense to make it as the game progresses?). Still, it would've been one of the most memorable ones, if you had pulled it off.

Wow, I remember this sign-up thread. I hadn't even watched the series or read the books at that time. But maybe I would've enjoyed the game regardless.
This was definitely over-ambitious, especially for your first game (for example, why do the ending first, when it would make more sense to make it as the game progresses?). Still, it would've been one of the most memorable ones, if you had pulled it off.
The plan was to make everything before the game began, so the order of making stuff (e.g. ending) didn't matter. It would have taken too long to make them as the game went along.

14 hours ago, Sheikah said:

The plan was to make everything before the game began, so the order of making stuff (e.g. ending) didn't matter. It would have taken too long to make them as the game went along.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought you started making the endings before finishing the roles, right? Even if the plan is to have all of that ready by the start, it's still better to prioritize the roles and initial write-up. The ending can even be done after the game's finished, if necessary.

It took me way too long to make anything so I wanted to just have everything ready before even beginning the game. I've seen before in games where there have been delays and always thought that was a shame as it clearly took people's attention away.

It also helped that I had a good idea and wanted to make a video about it before losing interest.

• Thanks 1