NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
mike-zim

Stargate SG-1

i love this programme. i have just finished watching season 6 and am waiting for season 7 to come through. they are currently casting for season 10.

i believe stargate to be one of the most entertaining shows on tv. i want to know if anyone else watches it. if so what do they think? why do you think the series have been so sucessfull?

Richard Dean Anderson.

Too bad he gets written out of the upcoming season. Atlantis is bloody good also.

Lord Yu don't know what you'RA Teal'cing about, I Thorght. My Goa'uld.

I adore Stargate, O'neill rules! \o\ It's probably my favourite non anime show.

i love it but this i have 1 thing that annoys me

i think Joanas Quin is a far better character than Daniel Jackson.

just because Michael Shanks decides that he made a mistake by leaving the

show and wants back in they have to write him back in it. and forsake a

better character.

bearing in mind i havent seen season 7 yet i dont understand how Anubis can

come half back from assention and then run riot. and the others do nothing

about it.

i love this programme :bouncy:

Richard Dean Anderson.

Too bad he gets written out of the upcoming season. Atlantis is bloody good also.

Upcoming season, don't you mean current?

It is true though, it's not the same without O'Niell, Ben Browder is trying really hard as the new leader of SG1, but whenever I see him all I see is John Crichton (Farscape) as aswell as looking like him, he also acts exactly the same. I think he's just one of those actors who can only play one character (usually their real one).

Sadly I think SG1 has 'jumped the shark' by ditching O'Niell, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last series, but I don't think it's the kind of show they'll just drop because of one badly recieved series, mind you, I thought the same thing about Enterprise.

I really enjoyed the early seasons but over the years it got more and more boring and felt generic. They had to make more powerful enemies to have constant threats. Basically after the death of Apophis it got a bit boring.

But I really love Stargate Atlantis, the characters are really cool; I like the enemies, the much more advanced technology and Atlantis itself feel so fresh.

I still didn't get to the latest season, but I don't think that SG1 can last very long without O'neil's sarcasm. Meh

I loved the first few series' - we got them on Norfolk Island. Then they skipped a couple, for some reason, and then last year we got Atlantis.

And I thought: 'Well this is shit.'

I thought it was really, really bad. But I was still probably a little surprised and hurt that Jack wasn't there. Maybe it was better than I thought?

I loved the movie that started it all, but never managed to get into the TV show for some reason :/.

I really love the show, seen all of Season 9 so far. I think its a real shame RDA had to leave because its missing something. Im not a big fan of Ben Browder so I dont like Mitchell on the show. Thankfully the chemistry between Daniel and Vala was brilliant at the start of the season and season 10 should be great with her coming on fulltime.

I like Sci-fi and liked the original Stargate film, but never watched SG1 as it looked like a cheap ripoff in the ads. How wrong I was when I finally got around to seeing it years later. I've since been watching the latest season and have bought seasons 1 and 2 on DVD.

It's a pity RDA left as he was great, but lets face it a show does need to evolve. We don't want the same thing over and over. I liked Farscape but I agree with Rokhed that Bowder can only play 1 character. It's a slightly toned down version in Stargate but the lines they give him are so similar.

I must say it was nice to see "The Doctor" from Voyager in a recent episode of Stargate, but it's a pity he just has a small role as he's a great actor.

great show one of the best over the past decade. the current season there making with the "ore ri" i don't know how to spell it. the religious cult, with messed up faces is not up to the lever the pass season were but you can not get everything going your way.

stop bagging out Daniel Jackson (Micheal Shanks) always entertaining.

I love them film, i watched it so much that my Video of it has lost all sound and that makes me sad :(

I watched the first 2 series of SG-1 i really liked it but then kept missing episode's and alais stopped watching it!

I cant believe they have done 9 series of it! Blimey govna'

iv only seen seasons one to five on dvd, but from what i'v read the latest season (the first without rda) is breaking records ratings-wise, with atlantis breaking those!

i really will have to get back into it, by watching season five again before buying six, but what i'm really into right now in battlestar galactica! only 24 hours until the season two premiere!!

all three of these shows are top ratings winners on sci-fi in the US, and even though i haven't seen atlantis (still watching sg1 in order remember lol, bit frustrating) i think it looks great. battlestar is such a different show it's mind-blowingly realistic the way it's filmed and the writing is definitely the best i've ever enjoyed! did anyone see "sci-fi inside" about all three shows on sky last week?

now i'm back in an sg1 mood again too! lol, so much to watch so little time!

from what i'v read the latest season (the first without rda) is breaking records ratings-wise,

What record would that be, biggest drop in ratings for an established series?

What record would that be, biggest drop in ratings for an established series?

sg1's ratings have increased. on sci-fi, it, atlantis and battlestar are, based on this year's ratings, it's top three rated programmes ever. sgi magazine and tv zone.

sg1's ratings have increased. on sci-fi, it, atlantis and battlestar are, based on this year's ratings, it's top three rated programmes ever. sgi magazine and tv zone.

Hmm, scifi channels top rated shows are all scifi, what a surprise.

Regardless of what channel its on, its ratings are on level with what they got last year which are significantly more than they had in prior seasons

Richard Dean Anderson.

Atlantis is fuckin' wank. It's not a scratch on SG-1

Startgate Sg-1 rocks so much. I have seen every ep from S1 to all the way to S8. The way that the programme has developed is pleasing, the later stuff with anubis and the ancients is cool. Some of you say that you prefere Jonas to Daniel but i dont, and to be honest without Daniel we might not have had as much info on the ancients etc

Atlantis is pretty good too, although i havent seen it for a while since i can no longer get sky tv :(

Havent seen anything of S9 as i havet got sky so looking forward to getting the eps and watching through them all on a lazy day :D

Sign in to follow this