NEurope
Retro_Link

Sonic Adventure 2 HD

SEGA Officially Confirms Sonic Adventure 2 HD

The Dreamcast classic is getting a HD remake for Xbox Live Arcade and Playstation Network this year.

SEGA has announced it will be releasing Sonic Adventure 2 HD on Xbox Live Arcade and Playstation Network.

The Dreamcast classic will be getting a HD lick of paint as part of the company's ongoing SEGA Heritage initiative in time for an autumn release.

The announcement was made at the Sonic Boom event during Comic-Con over the weekend. There had been a fair amount of speculation about such a reveal, as a listing for the Dreamcast title recently appeared on Xbox.com with an October 3 release date, which boasted leaderboards, offline multiplayer and content downloads.

And just because it's epic!...

I am so so so happy about this! SA2 is / was amazing so a HD reboot would be perfect. Loved the Knuckles / Rouge sections in this game!

How likely is it that we will see this on the Vita too or am I living in a dream world?!

Been wanting to play Sonic Adventure 2 since the first one got re-released so this is perfect :)

Loved the Knuckles / Rouge sections in this game!

Rouge is a colour, you're thinking of Rogue :heh: Also, I didn't think anybody liked those sections :p

Rouge is a colour, you're thinking of Rogue :heh: Also, I didn't think anybody liked those sections :p

No - her name is Rouge. As in the colour. :heh:

And those sections were awesome!

Is that...

how did I never know that?

What a terrible name.

I suppose you even liked the Knuckles rap :heh:

I suppose you even liked the Knuckles rap :heh:

His main theme was ruined though.

Edited by Ike

I hated the emerald stages. Pretty much my least favorite of the three with tails' and robotnik's stages comming a close second.

I remember liking the music of one of tails' stages. I think it was called rumbling HWY or something like that.

I don't know what they're going to be doing with the chao stuff. The GCN had the GBA connectivity to compensate for the VMU but i doubt the PSN and XBLA versions will have anything like that.

It's a shame really, i liked the little chao mini-game stuff with the VMU and GBA.

There are people who actually liked the Knuckles/Rouge sections?!?!?! :wtf: They were truly awful. Although, to be fair, the final 'level' of this is pretty horrendous as well. Playing through a multi-staged level with different characters and sticking an underwater section in there for good measure while being poor in its level design :nono: Was a nightmare to play back on the Dreamcast (even though I beat the game on there and the GC) and the game hasn't exactly aged well control wise so I imagine it'll probably be worse now.

Admittedly, I enjoyed the game back in the day but doubt I'd have the patience to play through it again.

What an awful game this is. I kind of liked it when it was first released just like the first but it hasnt aged well atall. Shit camera and full of glitches. And the levels with characters that arent Sonic or Shadow are just down right bad. Maybe Sega should concentrate on HDing the good Dreamcast games.

That being said I'll give it another try.

Jeeeesus.

Not a lot of love for Knuckles and Rouge...

Just me then! :blush:

The Knuckles and Rouge parts are good, it's the Tales + Robotnik parts are aweful for me. Jeez, they didn't suit the game one bit.

I prefered the Knuckles' levels in Sonic Adventure 1 because they didn't have a busted up radar that only searched for 1 emerald at a time... In SA 2 it's possible to stand right next to an emerald piece and the radar won't make a peep!

Since I already have Sonic Adventure 2 Battle on Gamecube there's no reason for me to buy this game unless if they add online multiplayer... Otherwise I don't really care for widescreen and achievements.

I found this game marginally better than SA, simply because it's more playable. The camera doesn't go mental as often as it does in the first game.

However, it still kind of sucked and I don't really get the excitement.

Awesome!

Loved this game back in the day, got A ranks on everything in the game and unlocked that 'secret' level.

It was so much better than SA in my opinion though. Not sure why they never did a SA3!

DO IT SEGA.

Not sure why they never did a SA3!

You mean Sonic World Adventure?

It was still half-amazing, and half-dull-combat.

Although I'd choose Warehog sections over God of War any day.

It was still half-amazing, and half-dull-combat.

Although I'd choose Warehog sections over God of War any day.

Yeah defiantly, the sonic sections were excellent.

I'd place God of War above the werehog sections though...

Why?

Why is this out this year but PSO2 won't be in English until 2013?

SEGA what's wrong with you?

Words can't express at how much I hated this game back in the day. I was such a big fan of the Megadrive games, found them addictive and had to be dragged away from them. But, everything about this was awful. Gameplay was bland and irritating, music was so utterly poor for a Sonic game, and the camera in many sections did make me feel pretty ill at times. Not sure why anyone would want to play this again.

This has the accolade of being the game which killed my love for Sonic. :weep:

Words can't express at how much I hated this game back in the day. I was such a big fan of the Megadrive games, found them addictive and had to be dragged away from them. But, everything about this was awful. Gameplay was bland and irritating, music was so utterly poor for a Sonic game, and the camera in many sections did make me feel pretty ill at times. Not sure why anyone would want to play this again.

This has the accolade of being the game which killed my love for Sonic. :weep:

You even hated the Chao raising? You have no soul! :D

You even hated the Chao raising? You have no soul! :D

I'm not exaggerating when I say that there is nothing I liked in this game. Not a single thing. :heh:

I'm not exaggerating when I say that there is nothing I liked in this game. Not a single thing. :heh:

Not even the music?