NEurope
-Dem0-

Dr Kawashima's Devilish Brain Training: Can You Stay Focused?

No thread for this, but we've got a small Direct Conference focusing on this game ONLY, next week.

Kawashima.jpg

"Get out your diaries and Japanese dictionaries, as Nintendo will be hosting a 'mini' Nintendo Direct conference on the 18th July, next week. The broadcast will only be ten minutes long and will centre entirely around the upcoming 3DS game, Dr Kawashima's Demon Training, a sequel to the hugely successful Dr Kawashima's Brain Training."
Edited by Retro_Link

Can't wait, I loved the first 2 Brain Training games :D

I hope they keep the budget pricing for this one too :)

Here's the Japanese Nintendo Direct on Demon Training:

They show the different training you can do 10 minutes into the video.

All those memory games are going to be the death of me! (to be fair, I could do with them though. My memory is terrible!)

Too bad we have to wait until next year :(

We had better get Iwata's disembodied head included with the game! :bouncy:

Edit: Demon Training demo is out now on the JPN eShop. Lucky bastards :mad:

Edited by Dcubed

Thought this was due in February unless I'm confusing it with something else?

Thought this was due in February unless I'm confusing it with something else?

The US get it in February one week after Fire Emblem whereas we get to play an altogether different game - The Waiting Game!!

Available now for free with all existing 3DSs - also available on the Wii U.

*sigh* Just announce the release date for Animal Crossing, Nintendo! Does anyone really care about Brain Training any more?

Is this the same game as Concentration Training as that's the demo which just came up on the store over the last week.

Is this the same game as Concentration Training as that's the demo which just came up on the store over the last week.

It's the same game, just a different name in Europe.

The US get it in February one week after Fire Emblem whereas we get to play an altogether different game - The Waiting Game!!

Available now for free with all existing 3DSs - also available on the Wii U.

The waiting game sucks, lets play Hungry Hungry Hippos!

Demon Training sounds way better....

Agreed, at least Europe kept it as devilish. Would have bought it instantly if it was Demon Training.

If anyone cares the game was delayed, but it was due out in March not February like I thought, must have confused it with Harmoknight.

I dont care myself, but i do think that the name may put off some hard core christians who may have bought the originals.

That's a great price! But... I'm gonna go with the eShop version cause it's the type of game that you only play for a tiny bit every day and I'm too lazy to swap cartridges all the time :D

If they are stating the RRP as £19.99, then there is no reason to expect it to be any more than that on the eShop.

Yeah, I'm thinking that it may be priced at £24.99 like New Art Academy & Freakyforms Deluxe.

Nintendolife Review

Summary

"Brain Age: Concentration Training takes Nintendo's cerebellum-enhancing series onto the 3DS in style. It boasts a wealth of content, smart presentation, and loads more charm than you'd expect from a brain-training game. The new Devilish Training is a supremely satisfying challenge, thanks to the game's dynamic difficulty, and returning Brain Training exercises are joined by some excellent additions. We're crossing our fingers that continued use of Dr. Kawashima's system actually improves our concentration, but either way, this is definitely a prescription worth filling."

8/10

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds/brain_age_concentration_training

It's a shame this isn't out for Mother's Day. With the name and how these games are usually good Mother's Day gifts (for people who spend that kind of money), it would have created an amusing situation.

Part 2 of the Iwata Asks is out now!

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/brain-age/1/0

It was actually originally in development for the DS!

slide001.jpg

They got stuck when working around the base concept of the game and the first exercise to go along with it (the N-Back exercise) and development ended up taking around 2.5 years!

Also this part is brilliant...

Kitamura: Right. We would measure blood flow as we came up with each new exercise, but what we had intended to be relaxed turned out to be stimulating the brain!

Iwata: Really? I seem to remember that in a previous Brain Age title, you tried to make an exercise that would stimulate the brain, but it was actually relaxing. This time it's the other way round!

Kitamura: Right. We tried a number of things – like adding soothing background music – but it was still stimulating the brain.

Takahashi: Despite having worked on Brain Age for so long, we still don't know whether something is going to stimulate the brain or not.

Kawamoto: Yes, we don't know what the effects will be until we actually do the measurement.

Kitamura: Every time we needed to measure brain activity, we would ask Dr. Kawashima to analyze it, and no matter what we did, he kept saying that the brain was perking up. We were at a loss until he suggested including these exercises as Brain Age, so we categorized them in that way.

Iwata: So you came up with a lot of relaxing activities because you thought they would motivate players to keep training, but you actually ended up increasing the number of Brain Age activities.

Kitamura: Yes. More by accident than design, we managed to come up with six new types of Brain Age. But there is one game called Blob Blast which did manage to meet our strict criteria and qualified as a relaxation exercise.

Ha ha! So the "Brain Age" exercises are actually just accidental creations made from failed attempts at making relaxation exercises! Love it :laughing:

Edited by Dcubed

Why are US and PAL releases @ not at the same time. Dont quite understand why with some games that are localised we have them released months apart in the US and Europe.

Is the RRP for this officially £20 then? If it is, it might be my first purchase of a retail game via digital download on the 3DS.