N-Europe

Batman Week!

Hamishmash

Oh I love. Catwoman reminds me of a man, but then that stuns more. Yes for the animated series costume reference. I love her booties.

I need the entire rogue's gallery. Your interpretations of Poison Ivy, Clayface, Man-Bat, Mr. Freeze, Joker, Riddler...argh. Them all. Do them all. And Batman and Robin.

Animated series Catwoman is by far the best costume... I wanted to stear as far away from the Arkham-verse design for all the female characters cos I think they're bloody ugly.

I was gonna do one a day, but there are so many great characters and they're so fun to do that I might try and double up.

I was planning on drawing Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn together, and then Robin and Batgirl together. The others I've got planned are Clayface, Joker, Batman and Bane... but I'm sure I can throw in a few more requests. :)

Clayface is my fave...have you seen the animated series episodes with him? They're my fave. And I love his re-interpretation as disease/AIDS victim in Arkham Asylum (the book/graphic novel, not the game).

Well... just for you I decided to give you some Clayface! (Also cos I was having trouble drawing any humans at all, let along Robin and Batgirl).

Also it breaks things up a bit.

tumblr_m75ajcvtug1r5ejtko1_1280.jpg

Blog Post: http://www.hamishmash.com/post/27186599462/happy-bat-week-ill-be-giving-you-a-new-batman

Also yeah I have seen him in the animated series! AMAZING animation in his "death scene" so to speak. Generally just that whole series is a great interpretation. I think my redesigns are more meant to be set in that whole kind of world/tone then anything else, it suits my style.

tumblr_m7b0n3SMFg1r5ejtko1_1280.jpg

Blog Post: http://www.hamishmash.com/post/27403330725/happy-bat-week-ill-be-giving-you-a-new-batman

Today is the Killer Moth! Not Batman’s most famous or popular of foes, the Killer Moth actually has an excellent and amusing backstory… a prisoner who is obsessed with the Dark Knight, after he is out of jail, he becomes an anti-Batman, beating up police officers in order to help petty thieves.

I think that’s a fun idea, and I gave him a kind of Rocketeer update. Any love for Killer Moth?

Love Killer Moth but not sold on Poison Ivy. I feel there's no mystique/allure (not meaning she has to be naked/boobs out or anything), but that's a big thing about her. And ginger afros tend to set off alarm bells. She/her face reminds me of a contestant from Britain (and America's) Next Top Model though, one of my faves, Catherine Thomas:

catbntm001.png

antm-6.jpg

She has those sharp, long pointy features that are really intriguing and delicate (like a plant), alluring without being Angelina Jolie jammy and sexual.

So I like the face. But not the hair/costume. My fave ivy design is Tim Sale's radical re-interpretation:

1707140-2.jpg

tumblr_lz5thfYeRJ1qikap1o1_400.jpg

1707145-5.jpg

Very nypmh/dryad, but I like it. More in the vein of 'Let's make his villains more like creatures than humans', but it fits his aesthetic.

[/i love Poison Ivy]

I hate Poison Ivy and I think it tells in my design, but everyone wanted me to give her a go. I don't see the appeal. My first sketches were very different... to me she should be this horrendously, monstrous, biological accident... I can't justify her being alluring or sexy at all if she's this infected, damaged being.

So I made her a cactus. :P

I didn't actually want to make her ginger but I thought that was the thing you couldn't change. I originally wanted to make her bald... I like that last design you posted. I still just find the whole... sexy nymph thing really laughable...

I am probably going to redraw Two Face next week, so I might do Poison Ivy as well. I just... don't see her appeal.

EDIT: I've redrawn Poison Ivy and like her a lot more now... so yes... thanks Henry for saying "no, you're wrong, this is shit" because now I really like my design. :)

batweek___the_joker_and_harley_quinn_by_hamishmash-d57wwpe.jpg

Blog Post: http://www.hamishmash.com/post/27544316809/happy-bat-week-ill-be-giving-you-a-new-batman

batweek___poison_ivy_by_hamishmash-d57sshb.jpg

batweek___harvey_two_face_by_hamishmash-d5778gv.jpg

I hate Poison Ivy and I think it tells in my design, but everyone wanted me to give her a go. I don't see the appeal.

I tried to make a Poison Ivy that would appeal more to you.

PoisonIvy.jpg

I really think this one captures the allure Paj was talking about.

In my head I don't think the Riddler should look particularly interesting. I see him like BBC Sherlock's Moriarty... kind of just setting up crimes for Batman to solve in order to test the world's greatest detective. Therefore, I just imagine him being a man in a suit... and I have 7 days and wanted to draw some more interesting characters. I play on doing Riddler, Penguin and a few others later.

For now, have Batmishmash Phase One!

gotham_residence_by_hamishmash-d5817pi.jpg

• 1 month later...