NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
D_prOdigy

Little Inferno (eShop)

This deserves attention.

A new game from some of the brightest indie talents on the scene has been revealed and confirmed for Wii U.

Little Inferno is from two of the guys behind the smash-hit and critically-adored WiiWare title World of Goo - 2D Boy co-founder Kyle Gabler, and Allan Blomquist, who worked specifically on the WiiWare version. Kyle Gray, who created the cult DS platformer Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure, is also on-board with the new studio Tomorrow Corporation.

The game itself is described as an adventure that takes place in front of a fireplace, where you can burn flaming logs, screaming robots, credit cards, batteries, exploding fish, unstable nuclear devices, and tiny galaxies.

Check out the first teaser of the game below.

Little Inferno is getting a Wii U console-exclusive release this winter, whilst it's also being released on Windows, Mac and Linux. You can sign up for the game's beta on Tomorrow Corporation's official website.

Edited by Retro_Link

I hate teaser trailers with a burning (teehee) passion, but I loved World of Goo, so this might be interesting.

Wake me when there's a proper trailer.

Well technically it's only 2/3 of 2D Boy working on this (Just Kyle Gabler and Allan Blomquist - Ron Carmel is not involved with this), alongside the director of Henry Hatsworth devs (Kyle Gray)

That being said, I get a definite World of Goo vibe from this (and that's a very good thing!)

Can't wait to see more :D

Edited by Dcubed

Dat raw consumerism. I now have a strange urge to max out my credit card, buying stuffed bunnies and setting them ablaze...

Has anyone else bought this?

I can't stop playing it and I've no idea why...

You just... burn things.

From what I've seen, many people feel the same. From what I've seen though, many people have found it intriguing. I think they might have, and I base this on only what I've read as I haven't played it and am tempted but want to wait if I'll get a Wii U then get it, but I think they might have intentionally not given away too much about this game so far.

For myself as well, judging origins - World of Goo was a great concept but I didn't get hooked by it. Henry Hatsworth I enjoyed a little more, though. To know something's coming from both, AND what I've actually read about little inferno, I'm interested. Relevant to a post I just made in eShop not realising this had its own, is it £11.99 on the eShop same as Steam?

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

I enjoyed World of Goo and am tempted to get this but I literally have no idea what it is.

Ah excellent, was just going to buy it, glad I never now. Do you know how much?! Isn't Zen Pinball supposed to be out this week too?!

Ah excellent, was just going to buy it, glad I never now. Do you know how much?! Isn't Zen Pinball supposed to be out this week too?!

I know it'll be down to €9.99. Not sure of UK price

Just bought and played it through on Steam, it's different, but a good experience. I don't really know how to describe it though tbh. Not the longest of games admittedly(clocked three hours myself, though not 100%'d) but for a tenner and that time it's not really that bad. Just think of it like paying to go see a long film!

I reckon I'll pick this up after payday. Although I do have a few other games to complete and have Zombiu to go through again!

I got a good seven hours out of this game because I just couldn't move on without. Finding. Every. Combo. Stupidly addictive. I started playing around 11:00 PM and the next time I checked my watch it was already 01:30 AM and it was time to take a break.

Which I eventually did, about two hours later. Paranoid-animated.gif

I loved the item descriptions, too.

Never did figure out what the point of ice items was, though. They always just seemed to put out my beautiful fire and ruin my combos. :hmm:

My favorite moment was getting a letter from my neighbor where she talked about how there was a whole world out there and she said something like, "do you even know what's behind you?" At that point, I realized that I'd been completely transfixed by this fire for three hours and the world could have ended around me and I wouldn't have noticed.

It felt very meta.

Bought this yesterday and finished it today. Little piece of art and a nice "snack game". Very good value for money!

The Wii U eShop has the curious feature of not letting one see the prices of games are that one has already purchased, so I've no idea what the new price point for Little Inferno is in £ or €.

This makes writing a news article on this difficult.

I know I paid £12.99 for it, but I also don't know what the original € price was. If anyone knows that and what the reduced price is, that'd be grand.

EDIT: Never mind, I should have consulted Twitter before wasting a post

@TheNChannel

Good news, European Wii U owners: Little Inferno is now permanently priced at £8.99/€9.99, down from £12.99/€14.99 previously.

Still £6 more than the ipad version. This whole thing fucks me off and I eneded up getting into a bit of debate with Jools from Renegade kid on twitter about this very issue. Why should wii owners pay 3 times more just because we are "willing to"?! They are truly devaluing their own games and encouraging the mentality of paying less for products at the same time as pissibng the people who are willing to pay more off. It's absolutely ridiculous how they think this is a good idea. Littler Inferno is worse than Mutant Mudds becaise it actually fits the ipad better than the Wii U in a way, or at least the same experience, so why would anyone buy the wii u version over the iPad version?!!

Their argument is ipad owners just won't pay that price for it. Oh well that's fucking okay then, rip us off because we're stupid to pay 3, 5 times the price. Mutant Mudds is actually FREE at the minute, 69p normal. When Mutant Mudds 2 comes out on the 3DS, how many people will not buy it, or at least question it, thinking it'll be a fraction of the price on my phone soon, it may not have buttons but fuck it. Or get neither version (like I did with Shantae) because they're feeling ripped off.

They are helping their own deaths in my opinion. Cheapening their own products.

PS Little Inferno is amazing though :)

Yoinked from Mr-paul in the General bargains thread;

Little Inferno (Tomorrow Corporation, €4.99 / £4.99 until 24th March, was €9.99 / £8.99)

Recommend it if you can get it for a fiver!

Guess what 10 year old game is suddenly getting a DLC expansion out of nowhere!

rejected-4-300.jpg
:D

Edited by Dcubed
  • Confused 1

Sign in to follow this