N-Europe

Shantae coming to Wii U!

darksnowman

Nintendojo: Speaking of Shantae, is there anything coming down the pipeline that you can talk about?

Voldi: Um, I mean, I wish I could say something specific, but we are working on it. Like I would expect to see it on, you know, Wii U, uh, it’s just, I don’t want to commit to a time because it always gets– even though we have been working on it, you know, like I said it gets pushed to the back burner, so um, originally we were hoping to have something for launch, but that’s clearly not going to happen. But yeah, Shantae is definitely in the works, and the last one, Risky’s Revenge, kind of left off on, like, a down note, so we have to address that, right? So yeah, definitely more Shantae, for sure.

I can't remember the "down note" Risky's Revenge left off on but HD WayForward goodness? This will be a visual treat! :bouncy:

Doesn't mean it will actually get released. They create Shantae prototypes on every platform they work on (there was an unreleased GBA Shantae game, as well as a 3D pologonal Shantae demo on GCN!)

There was also a Wii prototype as well, but I don't know if that was 2D or 3D or anything about it really. Just that it existed.

Dont get your hopes up about a possible release as it probably wont happen for some time, if at all.

Wasn't Shantae on DSi supposed to be a trilogy? Maybe that's what he meant by a 'down note'.

I think he's referring to the cliffhanger ending. Supposedly the 3 episodes were combined into the one game, but there were apparently quite a few bits planned that didn't appear in the final game...

I think he's referring to the cliffhanger ending. Supposedly the 3 episodes were combined into the one game, but there were apparently quite a few bits planned that didn't appear in the final game...

Ah, I never completed Risky's Revenge. Got stuck on that timed dungeon run halfway through it!

Ah, I never completed Risky's Revenge. Got stuck on that timed dungeon run halfway through it!

Use the spell that encircles you with balls (as well as the extra time pick-ups, naturally). It helps so much you can even get through it much faster afterwards and get the bonus reward too.

As for the cliffhanger ending, it's nothing they can't write their way out of. :)