NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
-Dem0-

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

Phew, glad they don't require all 5 Layton games to be registered this time (see below) :laughing

Getting the US import of the first game backfired a bit for me since I couldn't claim that nice box :(.

Should have done another box to hold the next trilogy, but I guess there's always the next Layton game.

I claimed the box since I rented all 3 layton games from Blockbuster. But don't have any Layton hames to store in it.

Would you like....?

So did anyone else get this?

Mine arrived today from Shopto and it was promptly stolen along with my 3DS by my sister. :(

Early impressions are good (as if the game would be bad!), puzzles are pretty tough already, graphics are nice (although I do miss the old style a bit), the music is, of course, as good as ever as well. My sister commented on how she likes the pointer system better than just tapping the screen like in the DS versions.

So did anyone else get this?

Yeah, but I ordered it on Wednesday night and haven't received it yet. I wasn't going to play anyway as I've yet to start Lost Future.

Having trouble downloading the daily puzzles, keeps saying it's having trouble reading the extra data off the DS card, but it's fine. Tried deleting the extra data file but still does it. Have they even started distributing them?

I don't know if they have begun releasing the download puzzles.

These downloadable puzzles aren't timed are they? I remember getting the extra puzzles long after the original release of Curios village.

How you finding the game so far, Ike?

EDIT: you're not alone.

www.nintendolife.com/forums/3ds/professor_layton_and_the_miracle_mask_problem#reply-17

Edited by -Dem0-

Oh, as long as it's not just me. Saw some people on Neogaf are also getting it as well. Thought it would work today since it's the US release and we might be running off the same servers but still didn't work this morning so will try again later.

Turned on notifications but not gotten anything so that's not working either, so they actually haven't started distributing them.

They aren't timed.

Well, it's Layton so of course it's good :) Puzzles are much better in this one, enjoyed them more than the ones from the last 2 games. They are also a bit tougher.

Edit: Got a notification through, it says they started on Friday. Hmmm.

Edited by Ike

5 hours in, 28/30 puzzles solved and I'm loving it. I'm used to 'dead-eye' Layton now and really like the pointer controls too, but it does make finding hint coins incredibly easier!

Haven't tried downloading the daily puzzles yet. May give it a go later.

BUMP!

Anybody still playing this? I finished the main game a long time ago, but still download the daily puzzles every day, and finish it before bed whilst drinking a coffee. Anyway, along comes the 160th puzzle, which happens to be a Ghouls and Guards puzzle (number 10), and completed it, all the ghosts and guards, with intermittent mirrors, lined up correctly, but the bloody puzzle doesn't recognise the last move and won't allow completion.

That bloody annoys me, now I have 163 daily downloadable puzzles with just that one 1 unfinished, just about to email Level 5. Petty, but I do like to see completion.

Me and my girlfriend have ordered this and are waiting for it to arrive.

We've gone through all the previous Layton games together, but we will have to see how the 3D will effect our playing style.

but we will have to see how the 3D will effect our playing style.

It won't work unless you fuse

tumblr_m7dby9ZRKP1qgbp1jo1_500.gif

Anybody still playing this?

Yeah, I download a bunch of puzzles every fortnight or so. They are really enjoyable : peace:

Wonder if the 6th game will get a fast translation, or might we see Phoenix Wright Vs Layton fill the potential gap in the market at the end of the year here in Europe?

There's normally a year gap in localisation between the Layton games, iirc, so just as the 365 downloadable puzzles run out, a new Layton will be on the cards. That's my feeling anyway. It's not so bad that Layton Vs. Wright will fill that gap, well looking forward to it.

I started this late and had only played it a few hours, then MH3U came. Still haven't finished the 3rd difficulty because...Animal Crossing came.

So, finally finished this game with my girl as I have done with mostly all of the previous Layton games.

I love the evolution of the series and how it has become quite the spectacle from time to time.

This prequel trilogy is really something, and boy did that pro-credit teaser get us hyped for the game that will be coming out in a few days! Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy

Damn that was awesome, and with us already knowing Layton will be traveling all over the world in the next installment we really couldn't be more curious as to who all the parties are who are after this mysterious Legacy.

Descole and Bronev, what are your motives!?!

Level-5 have done an excellent job of creating what is basically a Japanese vision on Sherlock Holmes in gaming and Layton has definitely earned his spot in the videogame character hall of fame. That's why he just has to be playable in Smash! He just has to!

Anyway, I've always had this feeling that Layton's universe lends itself for a different genre, or at the very least a 3D rendition a la Ni no Kuni.

I wonder if Layton has a future after the cross-over with Phoenix Wright. And no, Layton Brothers on the iOS doesn't count :laughing:

Have you completed all the daily puzzles though?

They stopped releasing them a couple of weeks ago, naturally. I wonder how many other people have solved all 365 of them...

Have you completed all the daily puzzles though?

They stopped releasing them a couple of weeks ago, naturally. I wonder how many other people have solved all 365 of them...

Hehe, fuck no, man.

I've got other games to play and Japanese to study.

Sign in to follow this