NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
-Dem0-

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

I couldn't find a thread for this. So he we go.

New Trailer.

One of the highlights of the Direct Conference.

Edited by Grazza

No, a release wasn't mentioned. Although the game is still coming out this Autumn for both Europe & NA.

EDIT: @Ike it's not a release but I found a release month from Eurogamer. October 2012.

Edited by -Dem0-

Yeeeeaaaahhhh. Alright :D

Mr. Layton is a Hero and ripe for his debut in Brawl!

I really hope they atleast include the English voices in the different European version this time. It's really, really awful in Dutch. I haven't been able to import the thrid game, and I simply stopped playing because it was so cringeworthy. It's a shame because the puzzles don't chance, but it really breaks down the atmosphere.

If not: import it is.

I really hope they atleast include the English voices in the different European version this time. It's really, really awful in Dutch. I haven't been able to import the thrid game, and I simply stopped playing because it was so cringeworthy. It's a shame because the puzzles don't chance, but it really breaks down the atmosphere.

If not: import it is.

Yeah, I highly suggest you import.

I've imported all the games because I wouldn't come near a Dutch version of a Layton game even if Mario&Luigi 4, Little King's Story 2 and Okami 3 were laying right next to it:laughing:

Hmm...sounds like the graphics may not be anywhere near as bad as the sceenshots suggest.

Hmm...sounds like the graphics may not be anywhere near as bad as the sceenshots suggest.

Having played the game at the same event mentioned in the preview, I can tell you that what they said about the graphics was spot on. I personally thought the game looked great when I played it, and that's coming from someone who was a bit sceptic about the sprites being replaced by 3D models. Certainly made me tempted to upgrade to a 3DS XL!

And that Mario Cocktail wasn't bad, either. Far too sweet, though. =P

This is coming out on the 26th of October.

It's also going to be released on the eShop aswell.

Edited by -Dem0-

THAT really is ART!

AMAZING!

I think the purple makes it all the more gorgeous.

It's much better than the JP Cover...

Layton-boxart.jpg

that's for sure.

Aw, thought it was out this week, but it's next week. Ah well too busy playing Pokemon anyway.

Since this has daily puzzles, it kinda suits having a digital version, but nope. £40.

I can confirm that this looks very pleasing and the 3D layering of the (quintessentially 2D) animation in cutscenes has been done to perfection. No weird semi-distinct bulges a la Liberation Maiden or Dead or Alive Dimensions. I only managed to try one puzzle before the demo timed out, which reminded me of the lock breaking in Resi Revelations but on a more complex scale.

Definite buy for me :)

Nah not me, I've got all the other Layton titles physically and I seriously enjoy having those delicious boxes on my shelf. Layton 5 will join the family.

NIC_3DS_ProfessorLayoutAndTheMiraclemask_Suitcase.png

It's nice, but I think the Professor Layton Collectors Box was much better than this.

Phew, glad they don't require all 5 Layton games to be registered this time (see below) :laughing

It's nice, but I think the Professor Layton Collectors Box was much better than this.

Getting the US import of the first game backfired a bit for me since I couldn't claim that nice box :(.

Should have done another box to hold the next trilogy, but I guess there's always the next Layton game.

Sign in to follow this