NEurope
Dyson

3DS XL

Do Sainsburys charge your card upfront or wait untill dispatch?

They say they dont take payment until your order has been dispatched. also I remember reading that on the website while I was finalising my order.

Unboxing vid, not interesting but you can check out the silver colour I guess:

Hmm I actually quite like the look of the Silver one in the video above.

I agree Retro. The silver did look great in that video. Now I am leaning to that slightly. :hmm:

Still not put my preorder in anywhere. I am definitely getting one at launch but just need to decide where from!

Can't believe how big this thing is and they still don't have room to squeeze in a GBA slot. :(

You ave so many awesome games to catch up on :)

Yeah... about two? ::shrug:

Can't believe how big this thing is and they still don't have room to squeeze in a GBA slot. :(

Yeah... about two? ::shrug:

Mario , mario kart, resident evil, kid icarus, even street fighter, dead or alive, pilot wings, mario tennis. Never mind digital games - pinball, pub lox, might switch force etc etc etc etc

But yeah... 2...

Some images of the red XL model for those interested:

20120629_144603_jpg_640x360_upscale_q85.jpg

20120629_144812_jpg_640x360_upscale_q85.jpg

20120629_144740_jpg_640x360_upscale_q85.jpg

20120629_144708_jpg_640x360_upscale_q85.jpg

20120629_144248_jpg_640x360_upscale_q85.jpg

Think I'm gonna go for silver... ;)

The Red doesn't look as bad as I thought, I still ordered the Blue console anyway.

I wonder if they've changed the volume switch to prevent the user from accidentally turn up the volume during gameplay. Anyone know what I mean? :blank:

Red looks good :)

They all look better in real life than in the press shots :laughing:

Red looks good :)

They all look better in real life than in the press shots :laughing:

Yeah totally agree!!

I am still leaning toward silver but the more I look at the red the more I like it!

:wtf:

I haven't preordered yet, was kind of expecting it to drop in price or places to do deals with games... Might still wait it out. Surely some bargain will crop up!

Mario , mario kart, resident evil, kid icarus, even street fighter, dead or alive, pilot wings, mario tennis. Never mind digital games - pinball, pub lox, might switch force etc etc etc etc

But yeah... 2...

It's a bit of a tricky ground to include digital/e-shop games. I still don't think any of them are "system sellers", so to speak, whereas something like Icarus is.

I'm probably with Darksnowman on this one. Ine has a plethora of DS games that she has collected. Around the 50 mark, give or take. Her total 3DS game collection is at 3. Mario Kart and 3DLand were both gifts for Christmas and birthday, whilst she got Icarus because we had a voucher for amazon, so it worked out cheaper.

Icarus looks brilliant from what I've seen of it. But, aside from those 3 and possibly Resident Evil, there isn't much else on the system (full retail titles) that grabs either one of us. I'm sure it'll be great in the future, but that's another issue I have with the system. We need more definite information about games that are coming out soon. New and innovative games that push the boundaries of handheld gaming. Not a gold version of NSMB.

Get Resident Evil.

I will, in time. We both have too many Wii games to start/finish, so it'll have to wait.

I do want pullblox. I keep being tempted by Street Fighter, but rather because it's a cheap 3DS game, instead of because I really want it.

I just don't think there's a stack of must have games on the 3DS. I would thoroughly recommend Pullblox but as @Fierce_LiNk says, I don't think downloadable titles should be touted as system sellers. Pullblox is great but not THE reason to rush out and buy a 3DS. Theres plenty of "second tier" sorts of games out there so it just depends on what you want to experience and what you feel you can skip on. The two titles I think @flameboy needs to catch up on are Mario 3DL and OoT 3D - Mario is just a feel good game and OoT is simply sumptuous in 3D.

@RedShell don't you dare pull that guilt trip again. :heh: You got me with that "Whats wrong with you?" gif before and so I bought an Ice White 3DS. Well, hombre, I got Mario with it, downloaded Pullblox, got MK7 and OoT for Christmas and thats it. I could have waited rightly and just got a 3DS XL!

I just don't think there's a stack of must have games on the 3DS. I would thoroughly recommend Pullblox but as @Fierce_LiNk says, I don't think downloadable titles should be touted as system sellers. Pullblox is great but not THE reason to rush out and buy a 3DS. Theres plenty of "second tier" sorts of games out there so it just depends on what you want to experience and what you feel you can skip on. The two titles I think @flameboy needs to catch up on are Mario 3DL and OoT 3D - Mario is just a feel good game and OoT is simply sumptuous in 3D.

That's pretty much how I feel about the system. I've played Mario Land 3D, Kid Icarus, Mario Kart and dabbled with a few other games but it is still lacking for me. I've spent more time on my PSP this year than the 3DS, probably because that handheld is a beast for RPG's. The future is looking good though, what with Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts arriving this month.

Ine has a plethora of DS games that she has collected. Around the 50 mark, give or take. Her total 3DS game collection is at 3.
Uh huh... And the DS is over 7 years old, the 3DS is barely 1. ;)

Taking that vital fact into consideration, I think what we've seen so far on the system has been pretty damn fantastic. icon14.gif

don't you dare pull that guilt trip again. :heh: You got me with that "Whats wrong with you?" gif before and so I bought an Ice White 3DS. Well, hombre, I got Mario with it, downloaded Pullblox, got MK7 and OoT for Christmas and thats it. I could have waited rightly and just got a 3DS XL!
Are you saying that you haven't enjoyed the 3DS, or had fun playing those games?

'cos if you are...

*prepares .gif* :laughing:

Ine has a plethora of DS games that she has collected. Around the 50 mark, give or take. Her total 3DS game collection is at 3.

Not really sure why your comparing a 7/8 year old system library with a system that's barely 1 1/2 years old to be honest.

Mind you, I already have 19 titles not including eShop/VC. Not that I would say all of them are must haves.

You ave so many awesome games to catch up on :) How many can you start with and what will they be?

I think I will pick up Super Mario 3D Land and OoT to start with as recommended by people on here. Will likely pick up Resi as well...not sure on Mario Kart tbh and whether I really am that bothered....didn't play the Wii version much after the intial launch unlike the DS version which kept me interesting for months and months afterwards.

I think I will pick up Super Mario 3D Land and OoT to start with as recommended by people on here. Will likely pick up Resi as well...not sure on Mario Kart tbh and whether I really am that bothered....didn't play the Wii version much after the intial launch unlike the DS version which kept me interesting for months and months afterwards.

Get mario kart and join the league :)

Uh huh... And the DS is over 7 years old, the 3DS is barely 1. ;)

Not really sure why your comparing a 7/8 year old system library with a system that's barely 1 1/2 years old to be honest.

To highlight the fact that she is an avid handheld gamer. Apart from Icarus, she's hardly touched the system. The third party support so far has been dreadful.

Like I said, I'm sure it will be amazing in the future. But, right now, it isn't looking great. Where's the likes of Advance Wars? What about a new Starfox, which we have all been craving for some time? (please don't include the Lylat Wars cash-in)

It's a bit of a tricky ground to include digital/e-shop games. I still don't think any of them are "system sellers", so to speak, whereas something like Icarus is.

I'm probably with Darksnowman on this one. Ine has a plethora of DS games that she has collected. Around the 50 mark, give or take. Her total 3DS game collection is at 3. Mario Kart and 3DLand were both gifts for Christmas and birthday, whilst she got Icarus because we had a voucher for amazon, so it worked out cheaper.

Icarus looks brilliant from what I've seen of it. But, aside from those 3 and possibly Resident Evil, there isn't much else on the system (full retail titles) that grabs either one of us. I'm sure it'll be great in the future, but that's another issue I have with the system. We need more definite information about games that are coming out soon. New and innovative games that push the boundaries of handheld gaming. Not a gold version of NSMB.

Just because you don't have them, doesn't mean they're not good.

I just don't get that every game has to be the best game ever. Pilotwings, Street Fighter, Dead Or Alive, Mario Tennis (to a lesser extent), Zelda and even Ridge racer are all good to very good games. Why don't these count?

For just over a year out I think it's got a great line up of games personally.

Also don't understand why we shouldn't count the shop games, why don't they count?