NEurope
Dyson

3DS XL

Anyone's shipped from Shopto yet?

Mine's just been processed so should be shipped soon :)

Edit: The cradle isn't out until next month now?

Mine's just been processed so should be shipped soon :)

Edit: The cradle isn't out until next month now?

Same. Hope this means I get it tomorrow...got a lot to do on Saturday

Ok! Shopto have taken my pre-order and claim to be using a 24 hour delivery courier (they also shipped New Art Academy today). Looks to be all good :)

Ok! Shopto have taken my pre-order and claim to be using a 24 hour delivery courier (they also shipped New Art Academy today). Looks to be all good :)

Yeah, next day and all. My worry is that they'll ship it tomorrow and it'll be delayed til Monday since it says "Next Business Day", but that's just my paranoia

Shipped from sainsburys with DPD , would should be a next day courier , anyone else's tracking working yet

ShopTo's courier is Monday-Friday only, so we better be getting this tomorrow

Shipped with ShopTo! :D

Now all I can do is wait and pray for no dead pixels... : peace:

A question regarding the transfer, i have an 8 gig card and i dont need the 4 gig card included, will it simply be a case of swapping the cards over once the transfer process is started?

I am in the same situation...

Quick question regarding SD cards...

I know that the SD cards that come with 3DS console are pre-formatted but I was thinking about forgetting the 4GB card that comes with the 3DS XL and just using an 8GB SDHC card that I purchased new a while ago.

My question is this... do I need to format it on a PC before use or will it automatically become formatted for use with the console by simply inserting it into the SD card slot?

... I got the following responses.

I've upgraded my SD card twice now, 8GB then 32GB not so long ago, I don't remember if I formatted or not, but it's working fine.

The 3DS doesn't automatically format/reformat an SD card. According to the Nintendo.com website there are 2 ways to format an SD card:

You can find some more info here:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/ht_settings.jsp

Just to be on the safe side format your SD card.

After reading this though...

Actually it does. I put on my Mario Kart and a message popped up saying that the data was corrupted. I had to format everything and now i have lost all my data and will be selling the game as a result.. bah!!!

... not sure if I want to upgrade my card, then again some context is needed here I think, @sagat do you mean you transferred the 'extra' data for Mario Kart from one memory card to another and as a result it corrupted your whole save file on the game card?

If so, I had no idea that could happen and it puts me off upgrading from my 2GB card which is rapidly filling up and I want to change but... I don't want to lose any of my game saves. :hmm:

You don't have to format, but I did anyway. I downloaded an SD card formatter from Sandisk's website rather than use Windows built in tools, since apparently it's better but I never noticed a difference.

The 3DS doesn't use any special formatting or anything, although mine is FAT32 rather than FAT16 like the NoA site states. *shrug*

Then just copy your files from your old SD card onto your computer, and then copy over to your new card. Simples.

As for transferring I read you just swap your SD cards over after the transfer is complete.

Retail cart saves are stored on the cart not the SD card as far as I'm aware. Sounds like just the save data on Sagat cart got corrupt somehow, by not saving properly perhaps?

Sitting, waiting, wishing... :blank:

... and in the meantime catching up on my overdue reviews. :p

Still though, can't wait for my 3DS XL to arrive. :)

*F5s tracking site all day*

Should have taken the day off :P

Any idea regarding using your own mem card instead of the 4 gig one, can you still system tranfers over everything without even using it. i think i have over 4 gig of data on my card already.

Sainsburys Your parcel is on the vehicle for delivery, due between 12:27 - 13:27 :D

Any idea regarding using your own mem card instead of the 4 gig one, can you still system tranfers over everything without even using it. i think i have over 4 gig of data on my card already.

Once you've done the system transfer your nex 3DS XL will think that it's your exisiting 3DS - the one you've transferred from - I believe which should include everything including Ambassador games etc so you should just be able to put your existing memory card straight into the 3DS XL after the transfer has taken place and all should be fine.

The only thing that doesn't get carried over I believe is your Friend Code which is console specific.

Once you've done the system transfer your nex 3DS XL will think that it's your exisiting 3DS - the one you've transferred from - I believe which should include everything including Ambassador games etc so you should just be able to put your existing memory card straight into the 3DS XL after the transfer has taken place and all should be fine.

The only thing that doesn't get carried over I believe is your Friend Code which is console specific.

Seriously!?! That's fucking balls!

That can't be right...I would have thought it'd carry the friend code over and give the old one a new one...

I thought FC's get transferred over as well. I guess we'll find out for sure very soon.

Of course they get transferred over. Why would they transfer over everything else and not that!!??

Still think the console transfer is a ridiculous system and hope they sort it out when we get our unified accounts. Apple's system is pure perfection looking at everyones offering, and I'm sure they don't have many problems being so giving!!

Did a quick google search and Friend Codes do transfer

They do?

Excellent, sorry for worrying everyone... seems that I've been - happily - misinformed. :)

Just realised, my 3DS XL is going to have data from my 3DS, which had data from my DSi, which had data from my DS Lite, which had data from my DS I got in 2004...

Red XL Get! :bouncy:

So far so good, no dead pixels. :)

Colour Temp seems a lot warmer on the XL screens compared to my 3DS though, gonna take a while to get used to that.

System Transfer time! :D

So far so good, no dead pixels.

I totally forgot about the threat of dead pixies! :shakehead