NEurope
Dyson

3DS XL

Shopto will be shipping them early anyway, right?

Hope so. It's the first time I'm buying hardware from them. Got my Wii U pre-order with them too so hoping it works out

Apparently this is now launching on the Friday rather than the Saturday. Or at least they can be picked up from GAME on that date. Anyone else heard different?

I haven't heard anything about it

Am I to understand that NINTENDO has uphold their tradition of alternating between coating of their handhelds?

Okay. So that code doesn't work but theresanew one. So the red 3ds xl ordered! Can't wait. Sainsburys aren't the best,but let's hope they pleasantly surprise me.

The 3DS XL comes out on 27th July Game told me when I tweeted them and there well be cradle bundles aswell.

Here is a good vid that shows the blue console off really well for those who still can't decide. Like me ::shrug:

Had a go on the silver one, it was lovely :)

cant wait to pick one up, i tempted by that blue

I think silver is the way forward for me too ya know!

Blue and red are both nice but I think silver works better with the black.

You decided what colour you're going for?!

Thanks Aneres, that blue XL is looking mighty fine. Even happier I ordered that one now!

Thanks Aneres, that blue XL is looking mighty fine. Even happier I ordered that one now!

No worries! Didn't know you went for the blue?!

Can't wait to get one now!

I decided on red!

Grey is a tad too boring for my liking, blue is nice but not really my thing, and red looks too much like a Virtual Boy to let it pass by. :p

Still, a yellow or purple one wouldn't go amiss...

I also went with red! Pre-order it earlier today.

I actually have a Silver XL in my flat atm (got a review system on loan from Nintendo) and that was my least favourite before and it's still my least favourite now. It just looks so dull.

Either way, if you're upgrading and you haven't tried it yet, you're in for a treat. It's superb. Looking forward to hopefully winning my first ever GP in the MK7 league on it, too!

My full review is here with images for anyone interested: http://bnbgaming.com/2012/07/22/hardware-review-nintendo-3ds-xl/

I actually have a Silver XL in my flat atm (got a review system on loan from Nintendo)

Am I the only person who bothered going into the offices? Lazy people! :heh:

Am I the only person who bothered going into the offices? Lazy people! :heh:

I don't live as close! Even if Reading is only down the road...

Don't judge me!

To those that already have a 3DS XL, @Mike, @Pookiablo, @Ashley etc...

How do the screens (top screen especially) hold up outside during the day? :hmm:

Does the anti-glare that was mentioned in the Iwata Asks really work, or do you still just see your reflection in the screens when playing in bright lighting conditions? :blank:

How do the screens (top screen especially) hold up outside during the day? :hmm:

Does the anti-glare that was mentioned in the Iwata Asks really work, or do you still just see your reflection in the screens when playing in bright lighting conditions? :blank:

I had a quick go outside today, and the screen looked a bit better, glare-wise, but can't remember whether I could see myself in it! I'll have a look tomorrow morning, if I remember, before it gets whisked back to Nintendo HQ. :(

I had a lot of trouble taking photos in the office due to the lights and the resulting glare.

About the GAME trade in deal...is it confirmed that you can trade in your 3DS at a later date in order to transfer your stuff over to the 3ds xl?

I had a quick go outside today, and the screen looked a bit better, glare-wise, but can't remember whether I could see myself in it! I'll have a look tomorrow morning, if I remember, before it gets whisked back to Nintendo HQ. :(
Just put your old 3DS in the XL box when you send it back, I'm sure they won't notice. :heh:

I had a lot of trouble taking photos in the office due to the lights and the resulting glare.
Damn. :sad:

Would you say it was any better compared to the standard 3DS though? :hmm:

I saw a 3DS XL today in GAME. The screen is huge! It really looks like the best handheld Nintendo has ever made. I could never quite say that about the original 3DS, as the DSi XL always had something over it (ie. the size), but the 3DS XL is the best of both worlds.

It's wrong how much I'm looking forward to the XL.

It's wrong how much I'm looking forward to the XL.

I'm ready for you too

2z5u3w7.jpg

I'm ready for you too

2z5u3w7.jpg

You'll have to dig deep to reach my treasure.

Had a play on this in Gamestation earlier. Don't like it. Feels cheap. I hate the plastic feel and the buttons under the bottom screen are dreadful. Nice big screen and everything, but il be sticking with the classier, shiny original thank you very much.