NEurope
Dyson

3DS XL

How will you transfer your stuff between the consoles though if you trade it in?

Hadn't thought about that. Maybe they'll let me do it in-store before trading it over? I don't actually know what I'll lose if I don't transfer. Is it just purchases from the eShop? Would I lose the Virtual Console stuff I grabbed as part of the Ambassador Program? Saves are stored on the SD Card, right? I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THIS SYSTEM.

Hadn't thought about that. Maybe they'll let me do it in-store before trading it over? I don't actually know what I'll lose if I don't transfer. Is it just purchases from the eShop? Would I lose the Virtual Console stuff I grabbed as part of the Ambassador Program? Saves are stored on the SD Card, right? I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THIS SYSTEM.

You'll lose everything other than your saves. The saves are stored on the cartridges. I'm not sure if you'll lose your 'Extra Data' because it's on your SD but it might be tied to the console which created it.

@Guy, if you don't do a system transfer, the next person to buy your previous 3DS will have your Club Nintendo account linked to it meaning they can re-download all of the eShop titles you had including the Ambassador games you recieved. Whereas you won't be able to on your new 3DS XL as your Club Nintendo account can only be tied to 1 3DS console.

My point being do a system transfer then sell your 3DS or trade in if you can. But I'm guessing they won't let you do a system transfer, unless of course they let you buy it on the spot, then take 20 minutes or so transferring everything over, then you physically trade it in.

Edited by -Dem0-

Guys at Gaf were on about transferring stuff instore and one of them said this.

I used to work at Gamestation, and their policies are identical to Game, since they're the same company.

I can pretty much guarantee that they won't let you do system transfers in store, for a number of reasons:

1) They'd have to give out their wi-fi password to everybody.

2) The transfer would have to take place after the sale, as they aren't going to let you open up a 3DSXL you haven't purchased yet. If something goes wrong, and the transfer doesn't work for whatever reason, then you're fucked. A refund isn't possible, as they've opened the 3DSXL. The store isn't going to want to take the risk and deal with that scenario. I sure as fuck wouldn't want to tell somebody they just lost all their games.

3) The transfer process takes a while. Just one person doing it will hold up a queue, much less a whole bunch of people.

Game's website tells you how to perform the transfer process simply so that people upgrading will have no reason to keep their old 3DS, and will trade it in afterward.

Sounds like I'd be better off just buying a 3DSXL and selling my current 3DS later. Cheers for the heads up guys.

That is as hilarious as it is terrible. Wow, HMV. Wow.

[edit]

Now I saw the second circle pad and feel sad. =(

"Ideal for left-handed players

Better precision during gameplay"

Such trollin' !:laughing:

20120713_125135.jpg

HMV fail

If that's a real HMV poster someone should go buy a 3DSXL from them, open it up then complain about the lack of a 2nd circle pad and try demand a full refund....and keep the handheld too :heh:

Pre-ordered a 3DS XL in Red...

... excited! :D

Was waiting for a redesign for the 3DS and the XL looks pretty epic! I would get one on launch but I just got a kindle! D: But!! will get one for my birthday in September! :D

Had a go on one today. Was getting one anyway, but it looks incredible. Can't wait!! Still don't know what colour to get... probably red...

Did the DSi XL get any more colours after the launch colours of Wine Red and whatever else?

I think I'll probably hold off getting one, because...

a) I'd rather wait for a Black or White (maybe around the launch of the Wii U to tie in).

b) There aren't a huge ammount of games coming out over the next few months that interest me, so maybe if I wait until the likes of Luigi's Mansion/Paper Mario there'll be more colours.

c) The XL CPP should be out later in the year so I can get MGS, and re-play Resident Evil.

Did the DSi XL get any more colours after the launch colours of Wine Red and whatever else?

Yes it did.

And they were pretty much all amazing.

Think I'm gonna wait then.

Chances are they'll bring out new colours for certain game releases, or for Christmas etc...

I traded mine in and you can do a system restore to the factory settings and delete your eshop account

But what about transferring all your games and save files?

It's all saved on the game card becuse I put both DS and 3DS games in my mums 3DS and all my save data is all there and if you mean VC I haven't got any

It's all saved on the game card becuse I put both DS and 3DS games in my mums 3DS and all my save data is all there and if you mean VC I haven't got any

I thought 3DS game saves had a link to the console - ie. you could not play game saves on another 3DS. I might be wrong on that count, I hope for your sake I am.

Edited by david.dakota

So you wasn't fussed about your 20 nintendo ambassador games?

I thought 3DS game saves had a link to the console - ie. you could not play game saves on another 3DS. I might be wrong on that count, I hope for your sake I am.
Yeah, this must be the case for something like MK7 especially.

Time Trial, StreetPass and Mii data are all saved to the SD card, which is locked to a single 3DS system. So I assume that playing the game card in a different 3DS (and retaining all that data while doing so) isn't possible without first performing a system transfer. ::shrug: