NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
cvl

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

Anyone planning on buying the game? I understand that a demo of the game is available in the NA eshop, why isn't it available in the PAL region I wonder. I like to try before I buy. :)

Got the game on Thursday. I enjoy playing through the handheld versions of the LEGO games, completing them 100%, and then selling them on. I've had fun with this one, but my main disappointment is the game's length. It took between 4.5 and 5 hours for me to play through every stage. Seems like more corners have been cut that usual here.

+ Fun LEGO gameplay.

+ Good graphics.

+ No bugs.

+ Freeplay mode and going after a 100% rating can be addictive.

+ Playing as Superman is fun.

+ Co-Op Multiplayer (2 cartridges required)

- Only 14 stages, and 3 of those are really short.

- Less to collect on each stage - only 5 Minikits per stage, instead of the usual 10.

- Sound and music is poor and repetitive.

- No vehicle sections.

- Cut scenes have been cut and don't always match what's happening in-game. Some are really compressed.

- Justice League Mode which you unlock at the end is only a series of arena battles.

So if you must play LEGO Batman 2, you're better off getting it on consoles, otherwise wait for a price drop, or check out one of the better games in the LEGO series on 3DS.

How I rank the 3DS versions of the LEGO games :-

1. LEGO Pirates of The Carribean

2. LEGO Star Wars III The Clone Wars

3. LEGO Batman 2 DC Super Heroes

4. LEGO Harry Potter Years 5 - 7

Edited by welsh_gamer

think I will get the console version and wait for 3DS price drop.

is LEGO Pirates of The Carribean a good game then?

Is the whole of Gotham City in the 3DS version [for Superman to fly around in especially], or is it a much smaller version?

is LEGO Pirates of The Carribean a good game then?

Completed that one 100% twice before departing with my copy, so yeah, I really enjoyed that. Not a big fan of the film franchise, but pirates and lego are a good match. I created a thread last year.

Is the whole of Gotham City in the 3DS version [for Superman to fly around in especially], or is it a much smaller version?

No Gotham City to explore I'm afraid. The Batcave is used as your hub btw.

Edited by welsh_gamer

You're insane welsh. Is all you do is play games? :) I rented Lego pirates, didn't really like it, I'm fact I find the series quite dull. Loved the starrwars ones as it started it all and I love star wars. Every other one bores me.

Welsh, thanks for your mini review. I quite enjoyed reading it. :)

It took between 4.5 and 5 hours for me to play through every stage.

So it takes around 5 hours only to complete the game, what about replay value?

Loved the starrwars ones as it started it all and I love star wars. Every other one bores me.

What's the general consensus regarding the LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars game for the 3DS? I'm also interested in buying that, just need some of you guys opinions first.

Edit: Found the LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars thread and will take it from there.

Edited by cvl
Automerged Doublepost

So it takes around 5 hours only to complete the game, what about replay value?

Apart from freeplay mode, where you replay the levels with diffrent characters to find hidden areas and new unlockables, there isn't a great deal of replayability. You're looking at playing each level 2 or 3 times if you want to 100% the game.

OK, thanks. I'll be waiting for the price to drop a bit before buying this one.

The console version is great and the open Gotham is amazing. I've spent hours flying around as Superman looking for gold bricks.

That trailer is really horribly misleading! :(
Well it is a trailer for HD consoles version.

I don't remember any footage from the 3DS version in the build up to the game; and still have no idea what it looks like.

That trailer is really horribly misleading! :(

Well it is a trailer for HD consoles version.

I don't remember any footage from the 3DS version in the build up to the game; and still have no idea what it looks like.

Yes, agree the trailer isn't for the 3DS so is probably misleading, I couldn't find a 3DS trailer. I merely posted it to give the uninitiated an idea of the game.

Here's a video review of the 3DS version.

Confirmed for Wii U release

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Announces LEGO® BatmanTM 2: DC Super Heroes for Wii UTM

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and TT Games are excited to announce that LEGO® Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes, one of 2012’s best received family games, will soon be making its way onto the Wii U™ system from Nintendo this Spring 2013. Releasing to critical acclaim in June 2012, NBC News hailed it as “the best LEGO game yet,” while IGN called the story “…entertaining from start to finish.” Since its summer 2012 debut, LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes has sold more than 3.4 million units worldwide to date.

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes will take advantage of the innovative Wii U™ GamePad controller. Players will navigate through Gotham City using an enhanced interactive map and select their favorite DC Comics characters to assemble a powerful team of heroes, all with the use of the controller's touchscreen. They can even enjoy the entire game experience on the GamePad in off-TV mode, or have a second player join in on the TV, so they can fight crime together without having to share a single screen.

The award-winning LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes gives players the chance to step into the shoes of the Caped Crusader and fully explore a LEGO version of Gotham City. Once again under threat from the Joker, Batman must defend Gotham with the help of powerful friends like Superman and Robin, to put a stop to the diabolical plans of his nemesis and his entire team of super villains including Lex Luthor, The Penguin and Harley Quinn. Encounter all of the Dark Knight's iconic allies and enemies in a charming, hilarious, family-friendly adventure full of exciting gameplay.

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes is also available for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Wii™ system, and Windows PC, as well as the Nintendo DS™ handheld system, Nintendo 3DS™ handheld system, and PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system.

dsKJQiZl.jpg

Wait what?... this game was on Wii right, why wouldn't you have already played it if you wanted, or just buy the cheaper Wii version to play! Ports of Wii games are a bit much! :p

just what I wanted!

Another old port sold for £40 while the PS3/360/Wii versions are in the bargain bin for £15. ::shrug:

Already 100%'d it last year, but I see no reason not to buy it again - especially considering the added gamepad features.

Best Batman game ever made. By far.

Already 100%'d it last year, but I see no reason not to buy it again - especially considering the added gamepad features.

Best Batman game ever made. By far.

How can a map and off TV play be enough for you to buy a game you've already 100%d?

It helps that I've been considering replaying it anyways - it's just that good! :U

Just keep replaying it then, instead of forking out £40. :D

I never got around to picking up the PC/Xbox version so ill get the WiiU game when it comes out, love the Lego series and the last Lego Batman was a lot of fun.

Another £40 port then. Wonder why they didn't port the LOTR one, which is by far the better game.

No way, Lego Bats 2 is the best of the series. The amazing open world Gotham, fantastic levels and best cast of characters in any Lego game. LOTR was just as dull and uninspired as the Lego Indy games.

I've been meaning to pick it up again, I'll just rebuy the 360 version its dirt cheap now.

No way, Lego Bats 2 is the best of the series. The amazing open world Gotham, fantastic levels and best cast of characters in any Lego game. LOTR was just as dull and uninspired as the Lego Indy games.

I've been meaning to pick it up again, I'll just rebuy the 360 version its dirt cheap now.

In terms of characters, Lego Batman 2 (should have just been called Lego DC Heroes) was better for variety, but overworld wise...Lego LotR is AMAZING

Sign in to follow this