NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

Hmmm, what do you guys think might happen tonight with Arsenal?

I really want them to win, but i fear that they may be in for an ass-whupping.

Bayern have only let in 7 goals this season in 22 games in the league, and scored 57. They went 4 hours without conceding a shot on goal (apparently).

How are Arsenal going to score against that?

Bayern have only let in 7 goals this season in 22 games in the league, and scored 57. They went 4 hours without conceding a shot on goal (apparently).

All that's true ;) But they conceded a shot on goal in the last game.

Bayern is pretty much unbeatable in the Bundesliga right now but they sometimes struggle in important games. That's what I'm a bit worried when it comes to the match against Arsenal later.

I hope they play to their full potential tonight, though :p

All that's true ;) But they conceded a shot on goal in the last game.

Aha! They're falling apart! Arsenal to win 8-0!

I predict a high scoring game. Hopefully Wilshere and Cazorla can control the midfield and Theo can time a run or two.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THE DEFENCE REMEMBERS HOW TO DEFEND.

They'll lose 2/3-0 and everyone will say Arsene has lost it and he'll say oh no I haven't and nothing will change.

Well so far everyone's predictions are still on but mine...

Arteta was lucky he didn't get sent off for that foul. Could be seeing that through Bayern-goggles, though ;)

And I hate Bayern right now. After the 0-2 they stopped playing. They are arrogant as fuck.

If I was their manager I'd kick their asses during halftime.

Arsenal are very fortunate to get that goal. Never a corner. But, it makes the game even more exciting.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Equaliser?

D'oh, I'm getting confused. I dropped Ine off somewhere, meaning that I've missed half of the first half. So, to catch up, I'm watching the game on ITV+1 and have the feed from ITV1 on my laptop. When Arsenal scored, it was still 1-0 to Bayern.

Football: Serious business.

Well that didn't go as badly as i thought it would....

Arsenal actually had periods in the second half when they looked like they might score again, but then....yeah....whoopsie.

Unless Arsenal can somehow stop Bayern from scoring, they're going to need to go to Germany and score 4 or 5 goals. Can't see them doing that, unless something magical happens before then.

They're also going to get a lot of pressure from other clubs who will want to buy their remaining good players. Unless they start investing heavily into the squad again.

What a bad game from Bayern. Dominated the first 20 minutes and then arrogance took control.

I was actually hoping that they conceded a second goal. Would've shown them that they aren't as good as they think they are.

And Neuer proved once again that he is the best goalkeeper in the world :blank:

Running around in the box like an idiot.

Lucky win, Arsenal deserved at least a draw.

Unless Arsenal can somehow stop Bayern from scoring, they're going to need to go to Germany and score 4 or 5 goals. Can't see them doing that, unless something magical happens before then.

They're also going to get a lot of pressure from other clubs who will want to buy their remaining good players. Unless they start investing heavily into the squad again.

They won't be selling anyone, they're all under contract for a long time and frankly bar one or two who would want to buy any of them on recent performances.

What a bad game from Bayern. Dominated the first 20 minutes and then arrogance took control.

I was actually hoping that they conceded a second goal. Would've shown them that they aren't as good as they think they are.

Sorry did we just watch the same game :shakehead

I'm not even sure any Arsenal fan would agree wth you!

That's a bit harsh. 3-1 away to another team at this stage in the Champions League is a very, very good result. Even if Bayern didn't play that well (they played pretty well, I thought) they got a result and that's a sign of quality.

They won't be selling anyone, they're all under contract for a long time and frankly bar one or two who would want to buy any of them on recent performances.

You and I both know that contracts mean so very little these days. All it takes is a club like City, Real Madrid or Barcelona to throw a ridiculous offer and players go. This can happen to almost everyone out there. Wilshere is the one that I could imagine gathering loads of interest. After that, some interest in Walcott and Cazorla.

Sorry did we just watch the same game :shakehead

Didn't Arsenal pretty much dominate the game after the 1-2? Bayern just defended, and later they had one good attack which resulted in a lucky goal.

Maybe I'm just mad because everyone in the team thinks he's the best in the whole wide world.

This arrogance pisses me off.

Didn't Arsenal pretty much dominate the game after the 1-2? Bayern just defended, and later they had one good attack which resulted in a lucky goal.

Maybe I'm just mad because everyone in the team thinks he's the best in the whole wide world.

This arrogance pisses me off.

They defended because Arsenal were having a good spell. If they had gone up and attacked, Arsenal could have gained momentum on the counter and grabbed a second. Good tactics from Bayern.

Plus, the third goal did come anyway. So, they soaked up the Arsenal pressure and then got a third goal to finish off the game.

They're 15 points clear in the league and are doing well in the Champions League. Plus, the football that they play is efficient and good to watch. Maybe they are arrogant, we don't really see much about that in England, but they've got the stats to back it up. They're a very good football team.