NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

Started reading up on this after your post, sounds very painful, Hope you get better soon.

Arsenal are losing to Blackburn 1-0 at home in the FA Cup. Still a bit of time left. Expect the scoreline to be 3-1 by the end of it. :p

My thoughts as I've posted elsewhere:

I've had enough of players who couldn't give a toss, those who shouldn't even be at the club and the fact we never show 'lesser' teams respect. And yet us fans are being taken for bloody mugs.

Team selection all wrong today. Substitutions too late and then left Diaby on the pitch. Rosicky was only one creating things, takes him off. Oxlade-Chamberlain has made as much progress this season as our economy.

We've really not got a chance on Tuesday, I hope I'm proven wrong. But it could be one hell of thumping if we play like that.

The team selection wasn't terrible, tbh.

Arsenal: Szczesny, Coquelin, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Monreal, Diaby, Rosicky, Arteta, Gervinho, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Giroud. Subs: Mannone, Sagna, Podolski, Wilshere, Walcott, Ramsey, Cazorla.

That's a strong bench, and there should still be enough in that first team to win it. I didn't see the game, but from what I heard Gervinho didn't play well, again.

As for Bayern, they've scored 57 goals in the league and...conceded 7. I wouldn't really fancy playing them, at the moment. Not in their form. Can see them winning, even at the Emirates.

The team selection wasn't terrible, tbh.

Yes it was. If you're serious about winning a football match you don't drop 4 of your best attacking players and play a midfield who've barely had a game in the last month. Gervinho has been in Africa, Diaby injured; in/out the team, Rosicky has been missing in action, Ox barely gets a game, Arteta injured.

Wilshere had a knock fair enough start him on the bench. Why drop Podolski, Cazorla, Walcott?

Wenger didn't take the game seriously enough and thought our second string midfield were good enough. They aren't, come the summer questions will be asked about players like Diaby and Gervinho, too many passengers.

Yes it was. If you're serious about winning a football match you don't drop 4 of your best attacking players and play a midfield who've barely had a game in the last month. Gervinho has been in Africa, Diaby injured; in/out the team, Rosicky has been missing in action, Ox barely gets a game, Arteta injured.

Wilshere had a knock fair enough start him on the bench. Why drop Podolski, Cazorla, Walcott?

Wenger didn't take the game seriously enough and thought our second string midfield were good enough. They aren't, come the summer questions will be asked about players like Diaby and Gervinho, too many passengers.

You'd expect that the reason he didn't play them was because he'd be resting them for the Bayern Munich match.

From a neutral perspective, there's still enough quality there to be beating Blackburn at home. Gervinho has been missing, but there's still Giroud in that team. Defensively, you still had Chesney, Vermaelen and Koscielny, so that's pretty solid. From my view, looking at that line-up, I wouldn't class it as a bad one, I would still have expected Arsenal to go out and win that game. I would have started Podolski ahead of Gervinho (don't understand how he still gets into this team...he'd be dropped at United) and maybe play Walcott. He's the man in form, it doesn't make much sense to drop players when they're hot.

It's funny, but Messi and Ronaldo play almost every minute of every game, yet in this league we tend to rotate our teams more often. I often wonder if its to our detriment when that happens.

You'd expect that the reason he didn't play them was because he'd be resting them for the Bayern Munich match.

From a neutral perspective, there's still enough quality there to be beating Blackburn at home. Gervinho has been missing, but there's still Giroud in that team. Defensively, you still had Chesney, Vermaelen and Koscielny, so that's pretty solid. From my view, looking at that line-up, I wouldn't class it as a bad one, I would still have expected Arsenal to go out and win that game. I would have started Podolski ahead of Gervinho (don't understand how he still gets into this team...he'd be dropped at United) and maybe play Walcott. He's the man in form, it doesn't make much sense to drop players when they're hot.

It's funny, but Messi and Ronaldo play almost every minute of every game, yet in this league we tend to rotate our teams more often. I often wonder if its to our detriment when that happens.

Of course Wenger's had one eye on Munich, he hasn't given a toss about the FA Cup since we last won it. When he's towing the "qualifying for the champions league is the 3rd 'trophy'" line, you know where he stands on the domestic cups.

Get the game won, then you can rest players. I think the team can handle 2 games in 4 days.

We've been embarrassed twice in one season. Not good enough.

Of course Wenger's had one eye on Munich, he hasn't given a toss about the FA Cup since we last won it. When he's towing the "qualifying for the champions league is the 3rd 'trophy'" line, you know where he stands on the domestic cups.

Get the game won, then you can rest players. I think the team can handle 2 games in 4 days.

We've been embarrassed twice in one season. Not good enough.

Just for the record, I agree with everything you're saying. I'm just giving an insight as to why he's done it.

The "finishing in the top 4 is a trophy" remark from Wenger is ridiculous. I'm not sure how good he is as a motivator. He's an excellent talent scout, but I'm not sure if he can get teams fired up on a weekly basis. Also, again from a neutral perspective, you can only win big things if you can keep your big players. He's let too many players leave over the years, so it's no wonder the club is in a constant state of transition. It's coming up to a decade since he last won anything and it'll only keep going with his current mentality.

Well done to Oldham for securing a replay.

I was watching that game and said, "wouldn't it be amazing if the keeper scored?"

tumblr_m1kqk8PBCM1r8a6xoo1_500.gif

So close. Great goal, though.

Just for the record, I agree with everything you're saying. I'm just giving an insight as to why he's done it.

The "finishing in the top 4 is a trophy" remark from Wenger is ridiculous. I'm not sure how good he is as a motivator. He's an excellent talent scout, but I'm not sure if he can get teams fired up on a weekly basis. Also, again from a neutral perspective, you can only win big things if you can keep your big players. He's let too many players leave over the years, so it's no wonder the club is in a constant state of transition. It's coming up to a decade since he last won anything and it'll only keep going with his current mentality.

Apologies if my tone has been a bit aggressive or twatish. Like a little kid I've been in a foul mood since the final whistle.

Motivation is a big thing. And it's something that's been missing for a while. Leadership (or lack of) seems to be something constantly talked about with Arsenal. Going back to the Carling Cup Final when we played Birmingham, should have been a non contest having beaten them twice in the league that year. Failed to get the team fired up, didn't look like they wanted it and a mistake cost us. If the team was up for that game, they had the ability to walk all over Birmingham.

Apologies if my tone has been a bit aggressive or twatish. Like a little kid I've been in a foul mood since the final whistle.

Motivation is a big thing. And it's something that's been missing for a while. Leadership (or lack of) seems to be something constantly talked about with Arsenal. Going back to the Carling Cup Final when we played Birmingham, should have been a non contest having beaten them twice in the league that year. Failed to get the team fired up, didn't look like they wanted it and a mistake cost us. If the team was up for that game, they had the ability to walk all over Birmingham.

It's not aggressive at all. I'd be even more pissed if it were my team.

The excuse that "it happens everywhere" is utter bullshit. What a way to bury your heads in the sand and just ignore the problem.

I never said it needs to be ignored. I just said it happens in every league. Look at the Oldham player holding Jagelkia when he scored. That was in the English league. It happens everywhere.

I was watching that game and said, "wouldn't it be amazing if the keeper scored?"

tumblr_m1kqk8PBCM1r8a6xoo1_500.gif

So close. Great goal, though.

..yeh.. he almost managed to punch it in :indeed:

When I saw it at first, I actually thought that's what had happend :grin:

Nice easy win for Liverpool, No idea at all why laudrup played a weaker team with 7 days until the final next Sunday, could understand if the game was on a Wednesday. I suppose if they win people won't be complaining.

We were fantastic. The fact that the Swansea fans clapped Suárez off shows how spectacular he was. We also had the most shots of any team in a single match so far this season in the PL, with 35.

It's nice to have such an easy win for once. :)

Whoa, Liverpool beat a Top 10 team. :o

And yes! We finally beat a top 10 team. :p

And yes! We finally beat a top 10 team. :p

Does this mean we're going to see lots of In Rodgers We Trust banners? :p

Does this mean we're going to see lots of In Rodgers We Trust banners? :p

He's still got the support of most supporters. It was always going to be a tough job and patience is needed. We will have games like today and games like the WBA one a few days ago, it's natural.

Borini is out for the season apparently. Such horrible luck. He's only played about 8 games this season and people are already calling him a waste of money. Utter morons.

He's still got the support of most supporters. It was always going to be a tough job and patience is needed. We will have games like today and games like the WBA one a few days ago, it's natural.

Borini is out for the season apparently. Such horrible luck. He's only played about 8 games this season and people are already calling him a waste of money. Utter morons.

He needs get this season out the way and start a fresh. Still don't think he's that good though.

Hmm, I understand Borini is young, but he's not exactly the type of signing that fans want to see. It's been a few years since Liverpool were up there and competing for the league and you can tell that the fans want to see signings such as Suarez, Van Persie, Cazorla, big players who can come in straight away and make an impact. Kinda like Sturridge has.

It's unlucky for him to get injured, but I'm not even sure he should be playing in the first team this year anyway.

Hmm, I understand Borini is young, but he's not exactly the type of signing that fans want to see. It's been a few years since Liverpool were up there and competing for the league and you can tell that the fans want to see signings such as Suarez, Van Persie, Cazorla, big players who can come in straight away and make an impact. Kinda like Sturridge has.

It's unlucky for him to get injured, but I'm not even sure he should be playing in the first team this year anyway.

He's got pace, and he can finish. He's also very intelligent with his movement. I think with Sturridge, it takes the load off Borini a little and could be beneficial. He has great potential, and I'm sure he will become a good player.

Obviously signing Van Persie and Cazorla's are great, but they are older players. Rodgers obviously thought some young players who fit our system was what we needed. Our owners are all about value for money aswell. Young players for sensible fees on sensible money with resale value.

Bring on Chelsea or Middlesbrough in the next round. Wasn't a vintage United display, but job done in the end. Nani making a statement, totally changed the game when he got on the pitch.

Welbeck... I know a few posts back I was praising his goal against Madrid, and understand the importance of that goal, But he was shocking against Reading. He's looking more and more like an Attacking Midfielder than a Striker.

And seriously, since when does a torn muscle hurt more than a broken bone. No improvements over the weekend, if anything it's hurting more today than it did Friday morning. Not cool at all.

I thought United played quite well, but Reading also put up a very good fight. Their keeper kept them in it for a long while and they looked dangerous from corners.

Nani was excellent last night. Massive respect to him for still producing the goods even though he doesn't really get much of a look in. If there's one area we just haven't got right this season, it's the wings. Nani should be ahead of Valencia in the pecking order.

As for Welbeck, his hold up play was good but he seemed to switch off as soon as he got into the box.