NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

Rooney Defoe is the best partnership we can field I reckon. But I would put most premiership strikers ahead of Rhodes, not that I don't think he's good, or could be good; but the guy has scored a few goals in the championship, let's not get too excited, and the strikers which banged them in in league one have never really made the jump up (albeit not quite to his level).

Rhodes has already made one jump up. He banged them away on a regular basis in League 1 and now is doing the same in the Championship.

I think he's good enough to make a move to the Premier League and he's been smart going to Blackburn, get some experience at Championship level with a team who are likely to get promoted.

I wouldn't say it was certain. It's completely different and not many strikers actually do make the jump up. I personally think he could be a good mid table striker; but that could even be a struggle. But like you say, I think championship is best for him this season, sensible decision. You wouldn't say Defoe, Rooney, Welbeck, Sturridge, Crouch, Bent etc should be playing in the championship.

But like you say, I think championship is best for him this season, sensible decision. You wouldn't say Defoe, Rooney, Welbeck, Sturridge, Crouch, Bent etc should be playing in the championship.

That's totally different, though, as they are already accomplished players (apart from perhaps Wellbeck, who I also think is a bit overrated).

I think Rhodes will do it but until he does make the grade, you can't only speak for his potential against proven top flight players.

I'd also Sturridge is a bit untested. In the sense that he doesn't up front for Chelsea, he's always wide. I've no doubt the guy could do it but I'd like to see him get a run playing as centre forward.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xttcan_liverpool-vs-manchester-united-full-time-analysis_sport?start=153

Gary Neville's analysis was fantastic.

He is absolutely right about both penalty shouts in that match. Suarez is caught but exaggerates it far too much. His reputation makes the ref think that he is diving, which it looks like he is from the initial view although at a closer look you can see he was caught.

With Valencia, you can see that Johnson did catch him from the way his foot wobbles.

I think Di Matteo has lost it:

'Cole does not offer many goals but asked whether he would urge him to get forward more often, Di Matteo said: "He'll have to buy me dinner. That's what I'm going to ask him."'

I get really sick of the way commentators treat the smaller team. Throughout the whole Leeds match, despite Leeds scoring in the 4th minute, despite Leeds have 7(3) shot with Everton having 3(0) in the first half, despite Leeds having most of the possession in the first half, the commentator kept going on about Leeds being the underdogs, and that they were struggling to hold on. They're winning, they're playing better. They're only in the division below, there's not that much difference. I could understand if they were playing a club like Man U or City, and all the play was in Leeds' half. But it's only Everton, and Leeds are the better team. It got even worse when Leeds scored their second goal and went 2-0 up. The commentator said, "Leeds have got that 2 goal cushion, they can really start to believe that they can do this now". Start to believe? They're 2 goals up approaching the 70th minute, they dominated the first half, they're fielding a weaker team through injuries, yet Everton have still had to make 3 subs up until that point, they dominated the first half, yet now they can believe?

Aston Villa are causing an upset at the Etihad, went behind twice but made it to extra time and have just taken the lead in Extra time. Who thinks they'll do a better job of holding the lead than Man City have?

Youngsters did brilliant tonight. Sahin was class, and Assaidi destroyed Dawson. Henderson did good, and Pacheco impressed. Sinclair made his debut at the age of 16 and 6 days, crazy.

I'm patient when it comes to things Football, but I'm pretty close to giving up on Downing. He was poor, again.

Oh, and I love Suso.

Looking forward to seeing more of suso. He's looking very good. Pleased the youngsters are getting games it can only be good for them!

All of them are getting gametime, which is good, but I'm slightly worried about Sterling. I don't think it's wise that he starts every league game, he still needs time to develop physically.

Suso has that trait where he knows where everyone is around him. For 18, he's very intelligent. For the 2nd goal, his composure to slip Assaidi in instead of shooting was top notch for a kid. He looks really, really good.

That second goal for Liverpool was fantastic football. Arshavin's today had similarly good movement.

Glad Giroud got himself a goal, we'll forget about that penalty.

Cisse would start scoring the day after i remove him from my fantasy team. This had better not be the beginning of his revival. Doesn't he know it's Ba's turn to do the scoring?

Would there have been extra time if any of the games had ended in a draw in the League Cup?

Never mind I've answered my own question. Yes.

Arshavin was immense. Not to Wengy, play him in the no 10 role.

Suddenly the squad looks massive and everyone's favourite new no 10 returns to match action on Monday.

Fine is too big for me. Then again, I thought Suarez was fined too much.

How has he got half the games Suarez did? Inconsistent, and bollocks.

I think it is because Suarez said it like 8 times over the course of the match?

The fine amount is ridiculous, even if it won't be that much for JT considering how much he earns. I wonder if he'll play against Arsenal and then take the ban.

Youngsters did brilliant tonight. Sahin was class, and Assaidi destroyed Dawson. Henderson did good, and Pacheco impressed. Sinclair made his debut at the age of 16 and 6 days, crazy.

I'm patient when it comes to things Football, but I'm pretty close to giving up on Downing. He was poor, again.

Oh, and I love Suso.

Brad Jones made some good saves too, shame nobody seemed to notice he was fouled for the goal.

Very impressed with our youngsters/b-team so far, I'm actually looking forward to our Europa League matches now.

No talk about John Terry's fine and ban?

What's to talk about? He's a dirtbag. What do you expect, he plays for Chelsea. Their captain, no less. He's been a knacker all his life.

I for one don't think fines ever are enough in football. They are never big enough to discourage something from happening again. £220,000 makes no difference to Terry.

That and the authorities seem to largely ignore racism - UEFA, for example, prefer to dish out fines to Arsene Wenger for moaning about the referee and to other clubs for being slightly late out onto the pitch than they do to clubs whose fans have been racist towards opposition players.

I think it is because Suarez said it like 8 times over the course of the match?

Allegedly. The only proof of this is that proven liar Evra.

There is clear evidence of Terry saying what he did.

Allegedly. The only proof of this is that proven liar Evra.

There is clear evidence of Terry saying what he did.

Let's not forget Suarez admitted to saying it in the tribunal.

Let's not forget Suarez admitted to saying it in the tribunal.

In a different context.