NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

Well Suarez has announced he wants to leave with his 3rd press conference of the week, his excuses are getting worse mind....

He's such an unbearable c*nt. Said we'd seen the last of him after the biting fiasco. Weird, as mad dog swore blind he'd never leave.

Liverpool were average WITH him, wonder where they'll finish without?!

Liverpool have said that he is not for sale as well, so i wonder how that will turn out.

Liverpool have said that he is not for sale as well, so i wonder how that will turn out.

Got to say that so his stock stays high. If the player says he wants out and the club says he can go, clubs won't throw as much money at them.

Yeah i suppose so. I would love it if Suarez 'did an Odemwingie' and just flew to Madrid on a whim though.

Im not gonna be too broken up if we lose Suarez. Yes he is a great player but he's also a cock and probably more trouble than he's worth. We actually played pretty well without him last season so I think if we use the money we get from him to get another striker to work with Sturridge and maybe a winger then I'd be happy.

Liverpool were average WITH him, wonder where they'll finish without?!

Erm the same place 7th place, Liverpool would have finished 7th this season without Saurez in the team.

He's such an unbearable c*nt..

Sadly, I feel the same way about Bale.. ::shrug:

As for Suarez, I'm not particularly impressed that he has been saying he wants to leave after everything he has put the club through over the last few years and how much we've stood by him under the circumstances.

I had already resigned myself to losing him in the transfer window as I suspected biting Ivanovic would be the last straw, but the thought of losing such a quality player damages a lot of the optimism I was feeling for next season :hmm:

Sadly, I feel the same way about Bale.. ::shrug:

As for Suarez, I'm not particularly impressed that he has been saying he wants to leave after everything he has put the club through over the last few years and how much we've stood by him under the circumstances.

I had already resigned myself to losing him in the transfer window as I suspected biting Ivanovic would be the last straw, but the thought of losing such a quality player damages a lot of the optimism I was feeling for next season :hmm:

You get it spot on for me.

I feel abit let down, as the club and the fans have defended and supported him through some really bad times.

We will miss him badly if he goes, he carried our attack in the games he played in.

As long as Liverpool find a decent enough replacement, I don't think they'll miss him too much. They could likely buy someone just as good and less controversial with the sale of the guy, and it's worth remembering that they managed to put six goals past Newcastle (who were admittedly crap but still) without him.

From the wording of his statement, he just wants to get out of England. He's got nothing against Liverpool as a club, but he isn't comfortable living here any more. True, he brought the negative press coverage upon himself, but if you weren't happy living somewhere and had the opportunity to be happier elsewhere, no doubt you would move.

Congratulations to Bayern Munich for winning a historic treble. :)

Certainly the best team in Europe this season. Their demolition of Barcelona was just something else.

Ever since Bayern were linked with him I thought we'd be lucky to keep him for next season, I thought maybe the biting incident would have put the the big teams off, but for some reason I wasn't expecting Madrid to be the team to come in for him.

As others have said Liverpool's is a sensible stance. We don't want to sell so if the high asking price puts clubs off then fine, if not then at least we'll have some serious funds to play with.

It's a shame though as I was looking forward to a seeing more Coutinho and Suarez link up play.

Replacing Suarez will be tough, he was a fairly reliable scorer who could create goals as much as he scored, and could do things all by himself if need be, like a poor man's Messi. I doubt we'll find anyone else quite in that mould with that kind of all round game.

If Suarez leaves then it probably makes the Coutinho signing even better as we don't have too many inventive players of that quality.

Congratulations to Bayern Munich for winning a historic treble. :)

Certainly the best team in Europe this season. Their demolition of Barcelona was just something else.

We almost knocked them out the Champions League.. If only Giroud had scored the chance at the Emirates and Szczesny bothered to turn up. ;)

But I agree they've been brilliant this season. The Barca tears were brilliant.

We almost knocked them out the Champions League.. If only Giroud had scored the chance at the Emirates and Szczesny bothered to turn up. ;)

But I agree they've been brilliant this season. The Barca tears were brilliant.

I hear a lot of Arsenal fans mention that. Bayern made it look closer than it was by taking their foot off the gas in the second leg. Great effort by Arsenal, still, but Bayern played a part in that, as well.

England vs. Brazil tonight.

I had a roffle at this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10086273/Premier-League-2013-14-what-wont-happen-next-season.html

Disclaimer - i don't read the Telegraph, and nor should you.

x1nv5-the-rock-clapping.gif

I thought the second half performance from England was pretty good, best we've seen in a while. Much more attacking than the first half, at least. Not sure why OxCham doesn't get a few more games. He's looked great every time I've seen him.

The first half was terrible, we got into the groove somewhat during the second half but our defense was just shite. Thank god for Heart. Great goal by the Ox.

Forth and Endrick Update

After losing our first 5 or so matches of the season, yesterday Kippen FC (my team) scored a last minute equaliser to draw 2-2 with our local rivals. Fantastic team performance. As it was a cup match we went onto extra time and penalties. Unfortunately we lost 3-2 on pens. Great team performance. Their 2 goals both game from set pieces which isn't great. However, our defence apart from that was absolutely solid. I played 120 mins at right back. Probably my best performance in a Kippen shirt.

Richard Gordon from the BBC was live Tweeting our game yesterday as his son's play for us.

Assorted quotes from the Stirling Observer who write the match reports over the past month.

"Fintry, with Gordon Allen back to bolster their confidence, responded well and were very good value for their 5-2 win against Kippen who have yet to gather a point."

"Aberfoyle had their second win of the season with a solid 4-0 win against Kippen, who once again produced only a few bright patches in an altogether colourless display."

"The only other game to survive was at Buchlyvie, where Kippen were the visitors. Both sides were looking for their first points of the season and with goals from Derek McCallion, Alasdair Garry, Stuart Buchanan and Adrian Pirie against only two for Kippen, United broke their duck with a bit to spare."

"Gartocharn too were among the goals in their home match against Kippen. At the break they were 2-0 ahead with goals from man-of-the-match Ryan Degan and Matty Henry. In the second half they doubled their tally with goals from Degan and John McQueen against a solitary score from Kippen."

"Gartocharn have been a fancied side for the last couple of years and Kippen’s youngsters will not be expected to do more than put up their usual determination."

Kippen had to take their match against Balfron to Donaldson Park as their own pitch was unplayable.

They appeared as a well-organised side in the first quarter of an hour and with no scoring at that stage it looked as if the Rovers might have to work for the points.

It all changed in the next half hour with a goal for Cammy Rubython from the penalty spot, a shot from a tight angle for Mark Hailstones, a tap-in for Craig Reid and a header from Kevin Meggat to put Balfron 4-0 up at the interval.

In the first 10 minutes after the resumption Meggat scored twice for a great hat-trick.

Hailstones hit a 30 yarder in off the keeper and in the last five minutes Meggat bagged his fourth and Rubython his second in a 9-0 romp.

Oddly enough Kippen looked quite a useful side at times but they might have lost another half dozen.

We think the dude who writes the report hates us.

Edited by Charlie

That's the highest i've seen Vermaelen jump all year.

All aboard the Kippen FC win train! First win of the season, last minute winner! Yassss!