NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

An absolutely fantastic final! Well worth the build up (albeit a bit low-key).

You can't possibly imagine how good that must have felt for Robben.

Criminal last year.

Bayern-Munichs-Dutch-midfielder-Arjen-Robben.jpg

Hero this year.

ibgDHfyLmXpbnb.gif

Peter Schmeichel at the Froch vs Kessler fight. Lad!!

Gutted for Dortmund, really wanted them to do it. Love their squad. Love their football... And Klopp is class.

But fair play to Munich, treble seems a given now. Follow that Pep!

Damn, was expecting a PS4 advert, got a Call of duty ghosts one. That was ITV mind... Any sign of PS4 on Sky Sports?

It wasn't just a Call of Duty: Ghosts advert, though.. it was specifically advertised with XBOX One!

As for the match itself, I enjoyed it but was disappointed to see Robben snatch it at the end :hmm: There's something about him that I just don't like.. it's probably that he's a complete wanker ::shrug:

Edited by nekunando

I found myself very pleased for Bayern and in particular Robben at the end of the match, I think he gets a bad rep for no reason a lot of the time.

Shame for Dortmund, but it would have been a bit shocking for the team who beat Barcelona 7-0 to not go and win the thing.

Congrats to the Arsenal ladies once again winning the FA cup. Bristol Academy gave it a good go but class shone through in the end.

I found myself very pleased for Bayern and in particular Robben at the end of the match, I think he gets a bad rep for no reason a lot of the time.

Shame for Dortmund, but it would have been a bit shocking for the team who beat Barcelona 7-0 to not go and win the thing.

I think it's his ability to throw himself to the floor in mere nano seconds the moment he senses an opposing players breath.

And they don't, Crystal Palace won it from the spot...But not from a penalty shootout, Kevin Phillips converted an extra time first half penalty.

Ian Holloway back on Match of the day.

Bit indifferent to that play off final but it was nice to see Kevin Phillips get that goal.

Just as a side note I notice Benfica lost the portuguese cup final after conceding twice in the last ten minutes from being 1-0 up. Feel properly sorry for them now :heh:

Ian Holloway back on Match of the day.

If Mourinho comes back that's two twats we'll have to mute.

Enjoyed the Champions league match but if there is anyone I hate, it is Ribery. He is so scummy. He's easily worse than Robben and I never see him do much other than win free-kicks!

Enjoyed the Champions league match but if there is anyone I hate, it is Ribery. He is so scummy. He's easily worse than Robben and I never see him do much other than win free-kicks!

I really dislike Ribery too :heh: Having both of them on the same team is.. annoying :indeed:

Bit indifferent to that play off final but it was nice to see Kevin Phillips get that goal.

Just as a side note I notice Benfica lost the portuguese cup final after conceding twice in the last ten minutes from being 1-0 up. Feel properly sorry for them now :heh:

Yeah, I was following the Benfica match on live text. I feel really sorry for them. They're not playing bad football and definitely didn't deserve to come away empty handed this season.

As for the battle between "who is the biggest prick?" between Ribery and Robben: Ribery wins hands down. At least Robben will do something special and provide a moment of magic. Ribery is over-rated beyond belief.

Ribery is over-rated beyond belief.

I've never seen him play all that many times but I can't say I've ever actually seen him do anything decent ::shrug:

I really dislike Ribery too :heh: Having both of them on the same team is.. annoying :indeed:

Ribery is definitely up there with the contender for the "Ugliest footballer in the World Award" which is a plus point for everyone apart from him.

I think it's a tie between him and Luke Chadwick.

Luke%20Chadwick_633584548471875000.jpg

franck_ribery_1242993c.jpg

Actually maybe Ribery takes it.

Solid free signing. We will be getting in a younger CB aswell, most likely Papadopoulos from Schalke. If we sign him and a winger, I'll be happy, but I reckon there'll be 1 or 2 more, as I'm assuming they'll be no outgoing.

I dunno there have still been rumours that Downing may be off despite doing better during the second half of the season and I definitely wouldnt be surprised to see Skrtel head off.

King Kolo has lost it since dabbling with the wives diet pills.

Didn't he set up both goals?

He had a hand in both goals, but Robben was clearly the provider for the first and Ribery back-heeled the ball into his stride for the second. It's definitely more Robben than Ribery. Which, from what I have seen, is how it is for the majority of Bayern's games. Robben is the better player, by far.

Surprised Liverpool are in for Kolo. Not a bad signing, but he doesn't really fit in with what Brendan Rodgers is trying to do. Personally, I wouldn't bother and would rather see that squad place go to somebody younger.