NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

"Thanks for the FA Cup and the Prem trophies in the last 2 years but 2nd place in 2 competitions this year just ain't good enough, you don't gotta go home but ya gotta get the hell out of here"

Thats how I imagine that convo went.

Mancini has been sacked. The club are a joke.

It's not often I agree with a Premier League sacking but this one is justified. He's been there 3 1/2 years, yes he did win the FA Cup and the Premier League. However this season the defence of the title was a joke. His man management has been terrible and European performances woeful. Losing the FA Cup Final to Wigan, a club destined for relegation, is the final straw.

2 trophies in three and a half years is not enough for the richest club in the world, so I think Mancini being sacked was the right/inevitable decision.

He's an average manager end of the day. It's harsh, but they can do better.

2 trophies in three and a half years is not enough for the richest club in the world, so I think Mancini being sacked was the right/inevitable decision.

You are joking right?

So the Top 3 teams will all start the new season with new managers!

Wonder if that will give a team like Arsenal or Spurs their best shot at the title yet?... try and get off to a very strong start to the season, whilst the other clubs are potentially re-adjusting (not that I expect it to particularly effect Man Utd... and Chelsea are well used to playing through manager changes!)

You are joking right?

Why would I be joking?

City have amassed the most expensive squad in the history of football and have under performed.

I believe (as I'm sure do the City board) that there are numerous managers out there who would deliver more silverware than Mancini with the squad available.

The City board know Mourinho is available this summer and may be moving to get him before he commits to Chelsea. Nobody knows what is happening behind closed doors, but if they get Mourinho then they have made a significant improvement.

So the Top 3 teams will all start the new season with new managers!

Wonder if that will give a team like Arsenal or Spurs their best shot at the title yet?... try and get off to a very strong start to the season, whilst the other clubs are potentially re-adjusting (not that I expect it to particularly effect Man Utd... and Chelsea are well used to playing through manager changes!)

I wouldn't think it'd make much of a difference, they still have the teams and with the right manager I think little will change. It'll depend on who Arsenal and Spurs manage to bring in to strengthen their squads.

Why would I be joking?

City have amassed the most expensive squad in the history of football and have under performed.

I believe (as I'm sure do the City board) that there are numerous managers out there who would deliver more silverware than Mancini with the squad available.

The City board know Mourinho is available this summer and may be moving to get him before he commits to Chelsea. Nobody knows what is happening behind closed doors, but if they get Mourinho then they have made a significant improvement.

Expensive doesn't correlate to success, especially when you paying stupid amounts for players like Lescott, Milner, Sinclair, Clichy, Garcia and Barry.

I can't fault Mancini's record but his man management is awful and it's not exactly prudent to continually call out your owners in every interview you do.

Expensive doesn't correlate to success, especially when you paying stupid amounts for players like Lescott, Milner, Sinclair, Clichy, Garcia and Barry.

I can't fault Mancini's record but his man management is awful and it's not exactly prudent to continually call out your owners in every interview you do.

And who paid that money for those players?

Mike Dean has cost us yet again, should have gotten a few more before Mike Dean got conned by Maloney and he converted the free kick. Come on Wenger, this team talk is gonna be so crucial.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Well that was fairly predictable in the end. Shame for my fantasy team that Walcott only got the one goal :heh:

I'm guessing it was Manchester City FC.

Liverpool are an even better example. Spend ridiculously and not only winning nothing but not even coming close to winning anything.

I'm guessing it was Manchester City FC.

Liverpool are an even better example. Spend ridiculously and not only winning nothing but not even coming close to winning anything.

You love to bring Liverpool into discussions they have no place in. You can't even start to compare Citys situation to ours, but you insist on bringing Liverpool into EVERYTHING.

We played well early on and Wigan slowly got back into the game to the point where they were level (wasn't a free kick). The 2nd goal came at a good time and we got back into the groove with goals 3 & 4. Good performance good win. Although I'm sad to see Wigan relegated. They're sorta my 'second team'.

Why would I be joking?

Money doesn't mean guaranteed success. Look at Madrid's Galatico's era, millions of pounds spent. For the amount spent they got 2 league titles, 2 Spanish Super Cups (read: Community Shield) and a single Champions League. Edit - Forgot to add they had the worlds best play-maker in Zidane at the time, something City don't have.

Sacking a manager because he's had one poor season out of 3 is ridiculous.

Arsene Wenger did the double in 1998, we didn't win a trophy again until 2002. We'd have looked daft sacking him in 2000. Fergie took 3 years to win a cup at United, 6 to win the league. Imagine if they'd binned him off after a poor league campaign.

The board and chairman, not the manager.

---

We got a cracking result in the end and it's in our hands come Sunday. Going up to Newcastle, hopefully it's happier than the last time I went (the 4-4).

Edited by Ramar

You love to bring Liverpool into discussions they have no place in. You can't even start to compare Citys situation to ours, but you insist on bringing Liverpool into EVERYTHING.

How exactly do they not have a place in it? Can't think of another team as a better example of spending massively and achieving nothing.

To listen to you, Liverpool is all I ever speak off. Get a grip.

This is interesting - if Chelsea draw against Everton and Arsenal beat Newcastle by only one goal, then Chelsea and Arsenal are to play a 39th game to decide who gets third spot.

There's an article on the Mail website, but i'm boycotting them so i can't link it, but here is a link to a Reddit post explaining the same thing.

but you insist on bringing Liverpool into EVERYTHING.

That's not true. He was talking about good quality football earlier and he didn't mention Liverpool once.

That's not true. He was talking about good quality football earlier and he didn't mention Liverpool once.

KRqUl.gif

This is interesting - if Chelsea draw against Everton and Arsenal beat Newcastle by only one goal, then Chelsea and Arsenal are to play a 39th game to decide who gets third spot.

There's an article on the Mail website, but i'm boycotting them so i can't link it, but here is a link to a Reddit post explaining the same thing.

'At a Neutral venue', could you imagine if they chose White Hart Lane?

It'd be Wembley, most probably.

In front of 36,000 bitter Spurs fans. :heh: