NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

I do feel a bit sorry for Dazzybee, but i suppose he brought it on himself and would probably do a similar thing to Ramar had Spurs finished above Arsenal :D.

Lovely work @Ramar. The prospect of that post was pretty much the sole reason I wasn't particularly disappointed when Newcastle lost to Arsenal!

I miss football already...getting season tickets for next year though! Can't wait.

In the meantime I'm pretty excited for the CL Final and the play off. I really hope Dortmund win!

Well before the CL Final on Saturday UEFA.com are streaming a game - UEFA Champions Festival in London on Saturday 25 May.

Team lineups (subject to change)

Ultimate Champions A: Jens Lehmann, Edwin van der Sar, Robert Pirès, Fredrik Ljungberg, Ian Rush, Davor Šuker, Giovanni van Bronckhorst, Karl-Heinz Riedle, Christian Karembeu, Graeme Le Saux, Steve McManaman, Jamie Carragher, Gianfranco Zola.

Coach: Lars Ricken

Ultimate Champions B: Vítor Baía, Cafu, Simone Farina, Patrik Andersson, Youri Djorkaeff, Luís Figo, Predrag Mijatović, Giovane Élber, Michael Laudrup, Fabio Cannavaro, Pierre van Hooijdonk, Serginho.

Coach: Paul Breitner

Also Bristol City season ticket prices have come out. League 1 price now £235. Will be purchasing on Monday.

Well before the CL Final on Saturday UEFA.com are streaming a game - UEFA Champions Festival in London on Saturday 25 May.

Those names make me want to play Championship Manager 01/02 again.

Those names make me want to play Championship Manager 01/02 again.

Pretty impressive list isn't it? Until you see Le Saux :p

If you want football on Sunday, you could always tune into BBC2 to watch the Womens FA Cup Final. Bristol Academy vs Arsenal Ladies.

I'll be cheering Bristol Academy naturally ;) They play their home games at the venue I play Pro5.

Also Bristol City season ticket prices have come out. League 1 price now £235. Will be purchasing on Monday.

Thats a decent price. I pay 300 quid for mine.

EDIT: Nice to see you renewing though, despite the relegation. Our attendance has plummeted since relegation from average of 25k-26k in championship to 16-18k in League 1.

Edited by Blade

At least the Vermaleon being worse than Vertonghen was on the money, quite significantly.

On the note of ydays debate - http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/23/uefa-champions-league-europa-league

- Uefa to offer Champions League place to Europa League winners

- Other plans being considered include whether to award a fifth Champions League place to clubs in the big European leagues and to expand the number of Europa League places on offer. Also teams who win the Champions League or Europa League but finish outside the qualifying places in their domestic campaign will no longer usurp one of their league rivals to take up their place the following season.

- The new rules are expected to be ratified by the Uefa Congress in London on Friday and will apply from 2014-15.

Dunno what I think about the above. 5 teams is definitely be a money thing, and makes the competition needlessly big. Flink won't be happy. And Europa winners getting a place belittles the competition a bit. But at the same time makes some degree of sense.

Good news for Dazzy too, means Spurs could get Champions League football again :laughing:

At least the Vermaleon being worse than Vertonghen was on the money, quite significantly.

On the note of ydays debate - http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/23/uefa-champions-league-europa-league

- Uefa to offer Champions League place to Europa League winners

- Other plans being considered include whether to award a fifth Champions League place to clubs in the big European leagues and to expand the number of Europa League places on offer. Also teams who win the Champions League or Europa League but finish outside the qualifying places in their domestic campaign will no longer usurp one of their league rivals to take up their place the following season.

- The new rules are expected to be ratified by the Uefa Congress in London on Friday and will apply from 2014-15.

Dunno what I think about the above. 5 teams is definitely be a money thing, and makes the competition needlessly big. Flink won't be happy. And Europa winners getting a place belittles the competition a bit. But at the same time makes some degree of sense.

Can't really disagree with your Vermaelen vs Vertonghen view this season. Vermaelen at his best vs Vertonghen at his best, I'd still be taking Tommy V.

Yeah but will Verminator be in the team next season? Rumour mill is circulating and a lot of it has to do with him being sold in the Summer as well as a story about Arsenal agreeing personal terms with Ashley Williams.

Yeah but will Verminator be in the team next season? Rumour mill is circulating and a lot of it has to do with him being sold in the Summer as well as a story about Arsenal agreeing personal terms with Ashley Williams.

I really hope not. I hope he works hard over the summer and comes back the player he was before his long injury. Vermaelen and Koscielny are my preferred partnership but the big cuddly giant is a decent alternative and it's hard to argue with our defensive record when he's partnered The Boss at the back.

I really dunno, Koscielny and Mertesacker have always had some kind of mutual understanding, even when the big German first came to the Emirates and their partnership hadn't properly developed they seemed like they would be a strong match up in central defence. If Verminator can recover his form then it'll be a good selection headache for Wenger to have. Also kinda hope the story about Ashley Williams is true, could do with a leader back there and who knows, maybe Verminator and Williams could be a great first choice centreback pairing, then we'd have two that could interchange when needed, but that's all speculation.

I renewed my season ticket today. It was ~4.5 times that price. ;_;

One more day. The match of the year.

fc-bayern-muenchen-logo.jpg

I'm fucking nervous. We have to win. 3 finals in 4 years...no excuses. Tomorrow we have to defeat Dortmund.

Oh dear, the new San Marino, I don't know who will be worse.

That should be their first match.

One more day. The match of the year.

fc-bayern-muenchen-logo.jpg

I'm fucking nervous. We have to win. 3 finals in 4 years...no excuses. Tomorrow we have to defeat Dortmund.

m0vkmvZ.jpg

DORTMUND!!!

In London for the day, there are German fans everywhere! Currently more Dortmund than Munich but if can all change!

BORUSSIA! (Borussia)

BORUSSIA! (Borussia)

BORUSSIA! (Borussia)

I want Dortmund to win tonight, but either way I'm expecting a cracking game. Really excited. :D Two great teams that will have a go at each other.

3-2 to Dortmund. :D