NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

We should all start taking bets on what crazy shit Suarez will do next.

Kick a ballboy?

Kick a ballboy?

-Write a sonnet on his love for cirro-nimbus clouds

-Buy several porcelain gravy boats and donate them to charity

-Rub corn oil all over the statue of Nelson in Trafalgar Square

-Open a market stall selling only depleted batteries

-Fill a bathtub full of peas and throw dolphins at it

-Appear outside random people's bedroom window shouting "ELEVEN O'CLOCK AND ALL'S WELL!"

-Invent several new smilies that don't really make sense e.g. :''i or t=)

-Join Miyamoto-san in his Garden and see if he can out-crazy him.

Also, why is Mike Tyson following Luis Suarez on Twitter being reported so widely? Who cares who follows who?

It was a really good game though. I went mental when Suárez scored at the end, absolutely crazy.

I went crazy too :) Loved it!!

I will say though, that first half, two of the worst performances I've seen, it was like lets see how can be shitter!! 2nd half was good though!

Also, why is Mike Tyson following Luis Suarez on Twitter being reported so widely? Who cares who follows who?

Not sure why it's being reported as news, but it is a pretty funny coincidence.

Suarez's season is over.

It is alleged that the conduct of Suarez constitutes violent conduct and it is The FA’s contention that the standard punishment of three matches that would otherwise apply is clearly insufficient in these circumstances.

Source

Maybe just as well, European football is probably beyond us now, and he'll only get booed and wound up until the end of the season, might as well give Sturridge some starts. Suarez has played a lot of football the last few years with international tournaments etc so he could probably do with an early summer break. Maybe we'll need to get used to playing without Suarez anyway.

Unbelievable goal from Van Persie. He's got a hat-trick in 33 minutes. It's over, but it will be interesting to see how many they get now!

Congratulations Man Utd. Most consistent team, deserved champions. Awesome hat from RVP too, he was their most influential player this season and should be PFA player of the year.

Unbelievable goal from Van Persie. He's got a hat-trick in 33 minutes. It's over, but it will be interesting to see how many they get now!

I remember reading lots of stuff on other forums about who is better (this was about a year or two ago), Van Persie or Rooney. I was adamant that Rooney was in a different league to Van Persie. How wrong I was. Van Persie is just something else entirely. Just brilliant to watch.

Can't believe he's going to be back at the Emirates next week as a Champion. That's got to hurt Arsenal fans.

So happy to win that back off the City scum. :D Last season's finale was brutal, and this must seem like an anticlimax to the neutral. So happy to see players like De Gea, Jones, Kagawa and of course Van Persie win their first titles here. De Gea has been magnificent this season.

Can't believe he's going to be back at the Emirates next week as a Champion. That's got to hurt Arsenal fans.

We're well used to it at this point, all our stars leave us and win the leagues they play in next season. Makes you wonder where Arsenal would be if they'd all stayed.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Last season's finale was brutal, and this must seem like an anticlimax to the neutral.

Hah, no doubt about it.

Mind you at least Chelsea gave City some competition in the 'worst ever defence of a trophy' stakes this season. :heh:

The (lack of a) title race this season, combined with the generally poor English showing in the Champions League and Newcastle's dire form has made for a very underwhelming season from my perspective. I just want it to be over now and the toon not to be relegated... a far cry from last year, when with one game left we were in with a reasonable chance of 3rd.

Deserved champions mind, hard to disagree that it was Van Persie who made the difference. Here's to a closer race next season, whoever wins...

Last season's finale was brutal, and this must seem like an anticlimax to the neutral.

I don't think there's a single neutral when it comes to United winning the league. Those who claim to be, have seen it enough times to not give a shit.

Only two positives tonight, you don't win it on our pitch. And we get an extra £1.5M for the cunt winning.

VP's second goal was damn gooooood.

iEIkRVDdvvNCo.gif

Fergie caught dancing after big win.

iwlazOHBrrqYA.gif

Edited by bryanee

Well over with four games to go.

Was hoping for more "last day drama" like last year but from the start of the season had a feeling City would be unable to replicate their performance from last year to defend the title.

Van Persie certainly shone this season in a Man U shirt (sorry Arsenal fans), last night was just icing on the cake for him to effectively win the title himself with a hat-trick and I'd agree with he should get the PFA Player of the Year award.

Anyone who dislikes/hates/can't stand Man Utd winning all the time you surely cannot fault their consistancy and their ability to remain at the top level over the last 20 years. Winning a title is one thing, defending it or continually remaining in the race for it year after year is another. Only one other team in the 20 years of the Prem have managed to retain a title (Chelsea) and when a team fails to retain the title it is (aside from once) Man U regaining it.

Even if you are not a Man U fan, as a football fan surely everyone must respect that level of consistancy.

At the beginning of the weekend, Suarez was up for the golden boot and looked likely to win it, he was shit hot and RVP was faltering.

Then in the space of 24 hours (ish) Suarez effectively gets banned for the rest of the season and RVP overtakes him with a hattrick. By the looks of it, there's no way Suarez can win it back either.

Well i had a bet on Man U winning, so i'm a happy chappy, but i do hope the league is a bit more competitive next year. At least we still have CL places and the third relagation spot to look forward to.

Bayern schooled Barcelona in every aspect tonight. Better defensively, better in midfield, better attacking play. I wish I could watch all of that again.

Pep Guardiola has got lucky with inheriting a great team...again.

If Bayern do win the treble which is looking increasingly likely.... There's kinda... a bit of pressure on Pep to continue that. I mean.. In a way Pep must be hoping Bayern choke in the Cup & CL, so that when he takes over next season the expectation won't be as great.

If he walks into a treble winning team, and next season somehow finishes trophyless... well, It won't look that great on him.

Basically come on Dortmund :)

Barca had their usual possession but they were completely outclassed. Even though a German final will be nice I doubt it will happen.

Looking forward to the game though!

Nice result for Bayern. The body-check just before the 3rd goal was outrageous, but after the string of Barca hand balls I guess fair's fair. As for tonight, come on Die Schwarzgelben!