NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

In fairness to the youngster, the ball bounced up and was there to be won. He just went the wrong way about going in to try and win it. It's inexperience more than anything. Ref mustn't have seen it because he didn't even blow for a foul. Can't be good for the player though, looks very painful and he's very lucky if he comes away from that with his leg intact.

Michael Owen has announced his intention to retire at the end of the season.

The end of an era for me. He was probably the first young player I knew about to burst onto the scene and his retirement makes me feel very old! I still remember his wonder goal in the '98 World Cup.

I know what you mean, i don't feel old enough to have experienced an person's entire career come and go.....

He was excrutiatingly dull though wasn't he.

Not a Blackburn fan, but what on earth is going on at Ewood Park?! I thought Appleton was the wrong man for the job in the first place but still, Venky's are making an utter hash of running that football club, them and Wolves could be up for double relegation!

Michael Owen has announced his intention to retire at the end of the season.

The end of an era for me. He was probably the first young player I knew about to burst onto the scene and his retirement makes me feel very old! I still remember his wonder goal in the '98 World Cup.

Didn't he retire in 2004 when he left Liverpool..? ::shrug:

Didn't he retire in 2004..? ::shrug:

His career was pretty much over after he got that knee injury playing for England.

Don't worry guys! I've taken Van Persie out of my Fantasy team, so his form should pick up now!

Blackburn has a serious case of the itchy owner. They should never have gotten rid of Kean.

Don't worry guys! I've taken Van Persie out of my Fantasy team, so his form should pick up now!

Blackburn has a serious case of the itchy owner. They should never have gotten rid of Kean.

It was a bad decision for sure, he had them in the playoff places and challenging to win the championship, they've been in a downward spiral ever since.

They should never have employed Kean to begin with. Went down the shitter by sacking Big Sam.

Talented person. Didn't even know that was AVB as I was scrolling through the page.

Funny pic, but I wouldn't get cocky. It's a bit muggy like last season and those Mind The Gap t-shirts, don't get ahead of yourself before the job is done.

Of course, there are still games to play and many points to win. At the moment, we're outside the Top 4, the last thing we need is cockiness.

4 weeks out with injury, but will be making my return to pro-5 tonight. What a game to come back to. Top of the table clash. If we lose to this team tonight we'll be 8 points adrift with 7 matches to go.

A must win match. And to make it even more tasty, It's the team that got promoted with us last season, who finished 2nd to us only on goal difference and actually beat us on the last game of last season to end our undefeated run.

I'm hoping for a fairytale return and to snatch a potential winning goal. haha!

Cannot wait to get out there!

Hope it goes well for you, good luck!

Wouldn't it be awful if you lost and it was all your fault..... :heh:

Honestly, though, good luck :hehe: I hope you're imagining the types of goals you're gonna score in your head, possibly accompanied by music as you relive it in slow motion, along with your celebration, like you're on TV.. because I can't be the only one who does that before I play football :shakehead

tonight's game between Italy and Brazil at 1930 is apparently on ITV4 :)

Good job, that man!

Enjoying the game, so far. Hopefully the second half will be just as good.

4 weeks out with injury, but will be making my return to pro-5 tonight. What a game to come back to. Top of the table clash. If we lose to this team tonight we'll be 8 points adrift with 7 matches to go.

A must win match. And to make it even more tasty, It's the team that got promoted with us last season, who finished 2nd to us only on goal difference and actually beat us on the last game of last season to end our undefeated run.

Cannot wait to get out there!

How'd you get on? I can empathise completely with the frustration of being out through injuries, so hope it was the return and win you needed Murr!

Mcmanaman's tackle was awful. It was a complete accident, probably due to a lack of experience from a young lad on his debut. Hopefully it won't spoil the start of a promising career and Wigan will sort him out in private.

I think the Premier League Title was Man Utd's a long time ago. They've been consistent without being outstanding, which has become something of a Man U trait over the years, but always good enough to win games. Sadly there just hasn't been anyone else with any consistency this year.

Well our best player didn't play. Then at 6pm (45 minutes before kickoff) another player said he couldn't make it due to working late, so I got a ringer in to replace him.

Then when we got there another of the players was sat in his van, He said to me he really can't play as he was throwing up all day, and literally just threw up at the goals venue while waiting for me to arrive.

So we played with no subs,

we lost 9-4 :( I did get a goal straight from kickoff which was nice. Not sure if 4 weeks off was enough though, as this morning my groin and hip are feeling pretty strained again, hoping it's just a case of muscles getting familiar to the pace of football again, and it'll be okay by next week. It's no where near as painfull as when I tore it, so that's a plus.

But I could of done with a sub, 40 minutes was hard work heh.

A gentleman and a scholar.

Made my night knowing about that.

Sitting down to watch the Sweden vs Rep. of Ireland match now.

Not feeling very confident TBH, got a real bad feeling this will be the straw that breaks the camels back. If we lose this I'd say that is our hopes of qualifications gone.

Hope I'm wrong of course :)

EDIT:

Well first half went better than expected. 0 - 0 at half time but Ireland amazingly seem the better of the two :D

EDIT2:

Well it finished 0 - 0 after 90mins.

Was a very good game. Ireland played much better than expected, still a few starting choices I wouldn't agree with by the manager and I do think he has better options on the bench. (And still seems to be alienating/insulting players which can't believe an International manager would do so often...recently, Robbie Brady and Kevin Doyle seemed to have been given the cold shoulder)

But they played well. Had some good chances but amazingly no shots on target.

The draw and 1 point is good but with Austria at home on Tuesday, looking at the group that is a must win if we want to stay in contention for 2nd place.

Fuck me that was brutal.

We looked like a women's team for the first half hour. Very lucky to go into half time with a lead as we should've been a few down.

Second half wasn't much better.

My mate and I said after 12 minutes that Snodgrass would get sent off. Some horrific challenges early on. No need to slide in like that for the penalty. Woeful defending for the second.

U r mi hiroooo.

Great game, that was. Balotelli's goal was a beauty.

The England game yesterday was like a training match or something. When each goal went in it was "heh, nice". Have to feel a bit sorry for San Marino when their coach said he would take a 5-0 defeat as a victory.

I was playing football at break-time with some of the kids and the two trees we use for goalposts (ol' skool) was infested with rabbit shit. So, they ended up declaring this wooden log as a goal, which was about a metre and a half long and not very high at all...probably less than half a metre.

I was stood chatting to another child a fair distance away. Can't remember how far exactly, definitely was further than 25 metres or so, when I saw the keeper kick the ball into the air. It took a bounce and was on the rise down, I stepped away from the person I was talking to and watched the ball, then smacked it and saw it curve in the air. It flew, rose and then dipped right at the end, hitting the log in what would be the keeper's left hand side. All of the kids playing looked at me like I was a God and one ran to me celebrating like it was his goal.

Definitely one of the best goals I've ever scored, it was just lol how it all happened. The distance out, the small target, the not paying attention. Never will happen again. :p

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

There is some sort of parallel between the San Marino match and you playing football against some school children.... but I can't make it...