NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

So apparently Van Persie has only scored once in his last 7 games. Some say he's having a dry spell and maybe there is too much pressure on him etc.

I say it's because i made him my captain. It's a curse i tell you!

I've left bale out of my team since early in the season for the same reason :P

I'll post about Spurs/Arsenal/fourth place stuff later. More important matters at hand.

CMAAAAAN UNITEDDDDDD. Been nervous all weekend. And the whole of yesterday and today. CMAAAAAN.

Spurs to finish 5th? That's still better than not even in the top 6 you predicted at the beginning of the season, with Everton 4th :D Great predictions!!!

Also, this time last season spurs were ONE POINT ahead of Arsenal, not 7. And you beat us by one point, so even if the same thing happens that puts us 5 points ahead of you. But we are stronger you are weaker. Keep playing the "we'll see" card, but I don't mind being bold and saying what I think will happen; I did pretty well from my predictions at the beginning of the season when everyone tried mocking me.

Pity your one about Adebayor not being totally crap wasn't on the money though.

I'm not sure why you're quite so optimistic about getting fourth for sure. There's a really good chance that Liverpool will beat us at Anfield at the weekend (especially after a thursday night match against inter). If we lose that then it's back to 4 points, which is easily loseable considering swansea and chelsea away, plus city and everton. Caution, yeah?

/ off topic

Well it's 1-0 to Utd now. Sergio Ramos OG.

Wow, Red card? (Nani) I thought it was a yellow at most.

Edited by -Dem0-
Automerged Doublepost

One of the worst decisions I've ever seen. Talk about the ref not being able to handle a big game. 2-2 now and I reckon it's game over tbh.

Luka! Phwooaar

edit.. mad. I'd be pissed if I were a united fan..

Edited by dan-likes-trees

Pity your one about Adebayor not being totally crap wasn't on the money though.

I'm not sure why you're quite so optimistic about getting fourth for sure. There's a really good chance that Liverpool will beat us at Anfield at the weekend (especially after a thursday night match against inter). If we lose that then it's back to 4 points, which is easily loseable considering swansea and chelsea away, plus city and everton. Caution, yeah?

/ off topic

Ridiculous. Caution is for pussies. You're picking our hard games presuming arsenal will win all of theirs.

It's the easiest thing in the world to play the negative card and still be delighted when its positive and be able to say "I told you so", everyone does it, particularly in this hideously cyclical country. I hope our players don't have the attitude becaus there is tho thing better than positivity and confidence.

2-1 to Real. Excellent one-two between Ozil & Higuain, with a great cross from the latter. Ronaldo finishes the move off with a simple finish.

Ridiculous. Caution is for pussies. You're picking our hard games presuming arsenal will win all of theirs.

It's the easiest thing in the world to play the negative card and still be delighted when its positive and be able to say "I told you so", everyone does it, particularly in this hideously cyclical country. I hope our players don't have the attitude becaus there is tho thing better than positivity and confidence.

Oh shush. Important football is on ;)

Spasticated referee pisses all over a cracking match. Absolute pandemonium.

'Spasticated' referee disallows legitimate Real Madrid goal in first half, absolutely no one mentions it.

Spasticated referee pisses all over a cracking match. Absolute pandemonium.

Actually it only became a cracking match after the red card - for the neutral obviously.

I thought it was pretty boring up until then.

looking forward to see Fergie's post match interview

I am neutral! Baggie right here. Thought it was a great match up till the card....which was simply fraudulent.

It wasn't that terrible of a decision. His foot was high and he kicked him in the hip. It's irrelevant if he was looking elsewhere.

It was going so well. Never a red. Ref ruined it for us. Proud of the lads fighting the way they did after that and push it all the way to the end still creating chances. Real were just too strong in that period just after the red card where they got the two goals.

FUCK IT. We should be talking about a great game of footie no matter who the winner ended up being but instead it's all going to be about the ref.

Welbeck is becoming such a great player. Just needs to work on his shooting and add goals to his game now. Lots of chances that in time he will finish no problem. Giggsy was amazing once again.

I've calmed down a bit now, but for me the match was ruined after the red card decision. I would have accepted the loss had we lost the match fairly, but to lose in this way is wrong. Never a red card. It's not excessive force, there's no intent. He's trying to "take down" the ball, eyes firmly on the ball and the player has come running through. Yellow would have been fair.

As for the rest of the match, we played well and set ourselves up in the right way. Can't really be bothered to talk anymore about it, very deflated after that.

It wasn't that terrible of a decision. His foot was high and he kicked him in the hip. It's irrelevant if he was looking elsewhere.
Totally agree.

He's got his leg up, studs up, you've got to be thinking of other players on the pitch. Whether he meant it or not it was dangerous. I don't think it's an unfair decision.

Wow, anyone else see José's post-match interview

"the best team lost"

And with some tears welling in his eyes...

Way to suck up.... I think he's handed his CV in for the Man U job already for if ever Fergie ever calls it a day

It was dangerous play, doesn't matter if there was intent or not. Nani didn't know he was there, but you can see why the ref gave the red card. High foot, kicking someone in the ribcage, if it was a Madrid player, you would be asking for them to be sent walking.

We have the benefit of replays, the ref does not. Fact is, these things happen. United get more than their fair share of 50/50 decisions go there way, this time, it didn't go their way, and that's football for you.

The media and United fans will make it all about the red card, but really, we don't know what would happen if Nani was still on the pitch.

It was dangerous play, doesn't matter if there was intent or not. Nani didn't know he was there, but you can see why the ref gave the red card. High foot, kicking someone in the ribcage, if it was a Madrid player, you would be asking for them to be sent walking.

We have the benefit of replays, the ref does not. Fact is, these things happen. United get more than their fair share of 50/50 decisions go there way, this time, it didn't go their way, and that's football for you.

The media and United fans will make it all about the red card, but really, we don't know what would happen if Nani was still on the pitch.

Let's not start this bollocks. :p

I hate bullshit like that. Football ISN'T "swings and roundabouts" (I hate that saying) and things don't even themselves out.

Proud of how we played. Welbeck gave us a good outlet, defensively we looked tight, Cleverley did his job very well. Only player who could have done more for me is RVP.

Also, one thing I hate about nights like this are the Newcastle, the Leeds and the Liverpool fans on facebook who start mouthing off. I've got a Chelsea fan-friend on facebook who's saying he's "glad" Chelsea finished badly so that they're still in Europe...Uhh.

Also, one thing I hate about nights like this are the Newcastle, the Leeds and the Liverpool fans on facebook who start mouthing off. I've got a Chelsea fan-friend on facebook who's saying he's "glad" Chelsea finished badly so that they're still in Europe...Uhh.

I can't stand that. It's cringey.

If Liverpool were safely through into the next round i'd be mouthing off, but we are not even in the competition. :p

I can see why the red card is given for the challenge, Rafael was lucky he didn't walk for his handball on the line 5 minutes later.

Just going to pay more attention to this part: You saw it as "kicking someone" in the ribcage whilst actually that part was secondary. He was taking the ball down and the guy was running in with momentum and ended up getting it in the chest. He caught him, but I can't look at it and say he was "kicking him."

Football is a physical game. Foot is high, so yellow would have sufficed. I can't look at that and seriously think it's a thuggish or vicious challenge. It's not. It's a man going for a ball in an important game, a genuine tackle.

I can see why the red card is given for the challenge, Rafael was lucky he didn't walk for his handball on the line 5 minutes later.

Cone on now, he's inches away. I'd love to see you move your arm away when going in for a ball like that.