NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

Unfortunate for Bradford, but still a fantastic achievement to make the final, I'm sure the money they earned for getting that far will of helped them out.

Shame they couldn't get past the final hurdle. Although that's not taking anything away from Swansea, they equally deserve it, 10 years ago almost out of the football league system, now domestic cup winners.

David Beckham made his PSG debut too, and had a good 15 minutes. Glad to hear it, I hope PSG do win the league now, just so he can be the only English player to have won a league title in 4 different countries.

Unfortunate for Bradford, but still a fantastic achievement to make the final, I'm sure the money they earned for getting that far will of helped them out.

Estimated £2.5million from the cup run. That could send a league two side, especially one with Bradford's history and support, back towards the top of league 1/championship.

I love Bale. He has won me over 200 quid in the last 2 weeks. Guaranteed returns at the minute from him. Great goal.

It's sad that Bradford couldn't do it in the final, but Swansea are a fantastic footballing side. They are versatile and deserved to get something from this season, whether it's a trophy or a great finish in the league (they might even get both).

Potentially, they could have struggled after Rodgers left. At times, they could be a bit one dimensional under him, just pass, pass, pass. But, Laudrup has come and added extra layers to their football. Looking at his record, he achieved so much, it's not easy to win the league in 3 different countries, plus the European Cup to boot. He's a winner. We need more managers like him in football. The intelligent and articulate kind. Scoreline might seem harsh, but they play great football...can't say it's undeserved.

As for Bale, he's a fantastic player and you just know that the big offers will be coming in for him soon. When they do, he will go. Unless Spurs start adding extremely high quality players to their squad and start challenging properly for the league, which I can't see happening. They're still playing that shite Adebayor up front. Clint Dempsey isn't the kind of player Bale wants to play with week in week out.

If Swansea can keep hold of some of their players, I think they can really show what they're made of in the Europa League next season. I've been impressed with them ever since their promotion to the top-flight, and they slowly continue to make progress in the right way.

About tonight though, that was quite the MNF. Atmosphere was great, and we got a good show. I had a feeling that somehow spurs would find their way back and it finished with another blinder from Bale.

I'm going to find my hat, just so that I can 'take it off' to him.

As for Arsenal... this can't continue, there needs to be a MASSIVE shake-up this summer, we've got far too many players who don't do the shirt justice. The North London Derby will be a big one, we need to win almost all of our remaining games for any chance of a top-four finish.

Bale is incredible. I pave got a feeling he's going to stay, I hope he looks at modric sitting on the bench at real doing fuck all, he's just had a kid, and its likely we'll be in the champions league next year. Yeah we need extra players, but whose to say we won't get them in the summer? Get rid of ade and Dempsey and Parker and get some new talent in to push on. We're third with this weakened squad, imagine if we actually strengthened and kept bale.

Really can't wait for Sunday, tempted to induce a coma until then... Win and its game over for the goons!

Bale is incredible. I pave got a feeling he's going to stay, I hope he looks at modric sitting on the bench at real doing fuck all, he's just had a kid, and its likely we'll be in the champions league next year. Yeah we need extra players, but whose to say we won't get them in the summer? Get rid of ade and Dempsey and Parker and get some new talent in to push on. We're third with this weakened squad, imagine if we actually strengthened and kept bale.

Really can't wait for Sunday, tempted to induce a coma until then... Win and its game over for the goons!

Weakened squad? Months ago you were bragging about how good your team was on paper.

Our first team is good. Our squad is weak. We have no cover on the wings and our strike force is pitiful.

You will never learn.

DO you not agree? 10 games to go, 7 points, you wouldn't think it was game over?!

We're a completely different side than under Redknapp, we have so much fight and team spirit, probably more than I've ever seen supporting spurs.

God I can't wait for this season to be over, finish above Arsenal and then all the bottler talk the "you always say that" crap will come to an end!

Bale's situation is obvious, Spurs get into the champions league and Bale stays. After all that's all that he wants.

So Spurs fans, should Bale remain the central striker or would you prefer to get another so he stays on the wing?

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Bale's situation is obvious, Spurs get into the champions league and Bale stays. After all that's all that he wants.

So Spurs fans, should Bale remain the central striker or would you prefer to get another so he stays on the wing?

He's not playing as a striker, he's playing a free role behind the striker. We NEED a striker to play in front of him, Ade and Defoe are simply not good enough. Ade has potential if he can reclaim his form, but defoe just doesn't fit the system, I thought that even when he banged them in.

I don't want to get my hopes up, but I think Bale could be a different breed to the typical footballer... He obviously loves the club, I think he could be one of those rare ones that sticks it out. I love how he always says he's never going to let success get to him, and when he's asked about what his goals are it's always getting spurs back into the champions league.

Who knows, but surely it isn't "every footballers dream" to join a big club and get paid out of the arse to fap around on the bench every 2nd game. Surely someone wants to try and beat those clubs instead...

At the end of the day, it might not even be his choice. Levy is a bit like that, Bale could attract some whopping offers this off-season.. Levy might get one that he considers too good to say no to =\

At the end of the day, it might not even be his choice. Levy is a bit like that, Bale could attract some whopping offers this off-season.. Levy might get one that he considers too good to say no to =\

Bale's under contract though, if he doesn't want to leave he doesn't have to unless Spurs pay him off.

Gareth Bale is the 3rd best player in the wold.

LOL.

It took him a year and half to win a fucking game.

Gareth Bale is the 3rd best player in the wold.

LOL.

It took him a year and half to win a fucking game.

Not even the best player in the Premier League.

I'd put him as 3rd best in the premier league. Suárez and Van Persie are better players.

DO you not agree? 10 games to go, 7 points, you wouldn't think it was game over?!

No. It's not over until it's over.

We're a completely different side than under Redknapp, we have so much fight and team spirit, probably more than I've ever seen supporting spurs.

God I can't wait for this season to be over, finish above Arsenal and then all the bottler talk the "you always say that" crap will come to an end!

I'm not so sure that things are especially great under AVB. Yeah, he's done well coming in, but I can't really say that (from a neutral perspective) that Spurs seem to have hit another gear. The difference has been Bale. Lloris has come in and done ok, quietly getting on with the job. The rest of the defence doesn't seem too hot, in my opinion. The central midfield also looks a bit lacking, particularly Parker who is becoming/looks more and more limited with his football. Dembele has been hit and miss. Strikers have been hit and miss, with Defoe doing well and Ade being Ade. Bale has been the difference.

I've got a Spurs supporting friend who has said pretty much the same thing. Neither of us are sold on AVB. I think you're a bit lucky to have a player like Bale at a time when Chelsea are imploding (Benitez is a fucking CLOWN), Arsenal are more concerned with their bank balance and Liverpool are rebuilding.

Saying that, there are also many positives. 3rd in the league, and you can only play what's in front of you. Not Spurs' fault that teams like Chelsea are bottling it. I'd like to see Lennon do well, he's been good this season, obviously not on the same level as Bale but still good. If Spurs make it into the Champions League, or if they don't (either way), their priority must be to buy a striker and possibly another central midfielder. Cover for the wings would be useful.

Wasn't long ago the Spurs faithful wanted AVB out.

You're a loyal bunch.

I'm sorry, but I've watched every single minute of every spurs match this season and we are incredibly impressive as a team, the tactics, our style of play. AVB is working wonders with a weaker team and squad than last year. I can understand people who don't watch as much not neccessarily seeing it, but a spurs fan?! In all honesty how much of a fan is he?!

Lloris is doing okay and our defence isn't doing that great? Weird considering how many clean sheets we've had, and generally a strong defence. I agree Parker is limited but Sandro was amaizng first half of the season.

And all this it's all Bale is utter utter bullshit. Walcott has scored a higher percentage of Arsenals goals than Bale has for us. He's had a good couple of months. Well outstanding. But to say he's the reason we're doing so well? Ridiculous.

Van Persie has won more points for Man U than Bale for us. Are you a one man army?!

Wasn't long ago the Spurs faithful wanted AVB out.

You're a loyal bunch.

Utter fucking bullshit. Idiot spurs fans wanted him out at the beginning because they don't know what they're talking about, have no patience and don't wait and see. Most spurs fans I know were happy with him. It annoyed me too how anti AVB some spurs fans were. But to say it was the spurs faithful or whatever. And don't you support arsenal? Literally the most fickle fans going at the minute - wenger in, wenger out, wenger shake it all about!!

And all this it's all Bale is utter utter bullshit. Walcott has scored a higher percentage of Arsenals goals than Bale has for us. He's had a good couple of months. Well outstanding. But to say he's the reason we're doing so well? Ridiculous.

Walcott: 11 League Goals

Percentage of Arsenal League Goals: 21%

Gareth Bale: 15 League Goals

Percentage of Tottenham League Goals: 31%