NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

Well three out of four ain't bad. As Meatloaf used to say.

You just took the words right out of my mouth.

Just saw the Suarez 'push' for the second goal.....and the back stamp. He's just.......such a hard guy to like isn't he.

Just saw the Suarez 'push' for the second goal.....and the back stamp. He's just.......such a hard guy to like isn't he.

He's a World Class prick. Champions League quality.

He's one crazy bastard who lets himself down.

But he's a fucking phenomenal footballer with stunning ability. I went mental when the 2nd free kick went in, i really thought we would get the 4th.

It was an excellent team performance and we were really unlucky not to go through. Howler gave them the goal and we should have had a penalty from that handball.

Things are looking promising, some of the football we played was beautiful.

If you're talking about the handball late on when a Zenit player was trying to clear and hit his own man, that would have been so unfair to give. The earlier one was a handball though.

Rodgers got his tactics wrong, he took off Allen and Henderson for Shelvey and some nobody after they'd scored 3 goals! Poor decision if you ask me.

If you're talking about the handball late on when a Zenit player was trying to clear and hit his own man, that would have been so unfair to give. The earlier one was a handball though.

Rodgers got his tactics wrong, he took off Allen and Henderson for Shelvey and some nobody after they'd scored 3 goals! Poor decision if you ask me.

Shelvey started the season well but has been poor for a while now. I thought it wasn't the right sub, also.

I thought Assaidi had vanished, but apparently he still exists. I like his direct and aggressive style of dribbling. He just aims to beat the man. I still don't think we've seen enough of him to decide whether he's any good or not tbh. :p

Can you find a gif of the stamp as well? :p

I could do but that's no where near as beautiful as the free kick. ;)

Europa & CL aside...

*AHEM*

CHAMP-I-ONS, CHAMP-I-ONS OLE OLE OLE..... (trophy & medals handed out 3 weeks late)

photogs.jpg

photo1omk.jpg

Won last night too, 3 out of 3 in this league, Stood on the sides watching this game, and will do next week too due to this injury :(

I didn't see the game because I was asleep, but apparently Newcastle are through to the last 16 of the Europa league. Yay! I see the other English teams also did quite well, feel bad for Liverpool going out the way they did. In other news, Atletico Madrid are now out of the competition! I wonder who the favourites are at this point...

I didn't see the game because I was asleep, but apparently Newcastle are through to the last 16 of the Europa league. Yay! I see the other English teams also did quite well, feel bad for Liverpool going out the way they did. In other news, Atletico Madrid are now out of the competition! I wonder who the favourites are at this point...

It's got to be Chelsea. They certainly have a good enough squad to be comfortably winning the competition.

We played ok today, great in places and happy to get the win. It was actually a bit easier than I expected it to be, QPR really didn't create much and their defending was terrible at times. Can't really see why they paid so much for Samba on this performance as he was a bit all over the place at times. They're certainly going to go down now, I didn't see enough from them today.

Giggs was the best player on the field today by a long way. Controlled that midfield, defended well and was great going forward. He might not have the legs to play every single game or even play at this intensity to much, but when he plays like he did today he is superb. I'm relieved that we haven't been playing him and Scholes together, mind. We'd have no pace in that midfield otherwise.

League Cup Final on now! I'm quite excited for it, knowing it would fantastic for either team to win it. For some silly reason I put a tenner on Bradford, but I think this one is Swansea's to lose. We'll see how it goes anyhow.

League Cup Final on now! I'm quite excited for it, knowing it would fantastic for either team to win it. For some silly reason I put a tenner on Bradford, but I think this one is Swansea's to lose. We'll see how it goes anyhow.

Well it's going how it's expected too, Swansea have the lead at half time and have been dominating, they should probably be more than 2 up.

Bradford look afraid to attack. I'm rooting for Bradford, but it's hard to cheer a team that don't even look like they want to win it.

Win over Sotuhampton, with this being the highlight...

ihtCRiKfbnx61.gif

Get the fuck in!

Swansea are a completely different challenge for them though, they play and keep the ball so well that they can't really hope to compete with them. The fact that Bradford are being so incredibly dominated, the team whom caused the likes of Arsenal so many problems tells the story so far.

EDIT: Dyer gets his second 2 minutes in. It's going to wales this year.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Fair play to the Bradford fans. Not many clubs will be the loudest in the stadium at 5-0 down.

The real question:

De Guzman. Bit of a dick?

Win over Sotuhampton, with this being the highlight...

ihtCRiKfbnx61.gif

Get the fuck in!

Ho-lee shit. Looks like Cisse enjoyed his goal of the season last year and thought -yes, i'll have that again please.

Ho-lee shit. Looks like Cisse enjoyed his goal of the season last year and thought -yes, i'll have that again please.

Must be frustrating for the Geordies, scores several wonder goals but misses sitters almost weekly.

Must be frustrating for the Geordies, scores several wonder goals but misses sitters almost weekly.

It is a little frustrating to be honest. There was another sitter he missed in the match before that chance when were 1-0 down. Having said that, it's nice not to be so reliant on one person for goals. We seem to have a few players who can all chip in well now - Sissoko, Cabaye, Cisse, Gouffran - they all seem to do ok. Watching us today and over the past few weeks it really has felt like a real team effort. Our tactics are a bit off now and again and there are terrible defensive lapses here and there but on current form everyone's quite pleased with how things are going. That transfer window really seems to have helped. If only we'd bought the players back in August....

Another thing I love about the Cisse goal from today: Rob Elliot assist on his debut :D