NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

Does your mate miss sitters from 2 yards out with his right foot?

He sure does.

I was at the brighton-hull game yesterday and the right-winger for brighton kept pulling back the ball and faking a cross with his left foot, only to turn again to go on his right. The thing is he NEVER actually put a cross in with his left foot so it was utterly predictable. I was shouting "LEFT FOOOOOT!!" every time he got the ball.

When Brighton scored from a free kick with a left foot I just shouted "TOLD YOUUUUU!"

... Well it was funny for me.

Valencia at United when he came had no left foot, he was so predictable too! But his started to use it more now...kinda..

Example number 4616145435 of the UK press being shite:

Headline - Real Madrid v Man Utd: Cristiano Ronaldo is a bully - Gary Neville

What he actually said - Ronaldo bullies the weakest defender.

Completely misleading headline. BBC Sport used to be good for football news. Now, they twist things and put across the wrong message so much. It's just terrible.

Example number 4616145435 of the UK press being shite:

Headline - Real Madrid v Man Utd: Cristiano Ronaldo is a bully - Gary Neville

What he actually said - Ronaldo bullies the weakest defender.

Completely misleading headline. BBC Sport used to be good for football news. Now, they twist things and put across the wrong message so much. It's just terrible.

It's hilarious. Gary Neville actually compliments Ronaldo in the article.

The article itself isn't bad, but the fact that on BBC Sportsday they're trying to make it sound "controversial" is so retarded.

Suarez dive results in a missed pen and West Brom nick it. Liverpool couldn't finish a good dinner and it is brilliant.

That was bad. How can a team dominate like that and still end up losing 2-0? West Brom had their 1st shot after 80 minutes. Not their 1st shot on target, their 1st shot of the game. It's just one of them nights.

Suarez dive results in a missed pen and West Brom nick it. Liverpool couldn't finish a good dinner and it is brilliant.

Pathetic. You can't resist having a go at him for anything. It wasn't a dive. There was contact and it was very soft, but he didn't dive.

The usual blame Suárez for something at the end of every game continues.

That was bad. How can a team dominate like that and still end up losing 2-0? West Brom had their 1st shot after 80 minutes. Not their 1st shot on target, their 1st shot of the game. It's just one of them nights.

I bet you wish you had Gareth Bale's left foot tonight. ;)

Not surprising. West Brom have played good football all season AND can finish their chances. Liverpool are exactly where they deserve to be. They're not good enough to fight for the top 4 or Europa, they're not bad enough to be relegation contenders. Midtable.

Bullcrap against Bale anyway, he's scored a few right footed goals this season, including smashing one past Man U when we destroyed them at Old Trafford. It was a bad miss though. But generally it's improved a lot, especially his crossing from the right, he always used to cut back, but now it's much improved.

And another hilarious result tonight for Liverpool. What makes it funnier is their moron of a manager was saying before the game he still thought they could finish 4th. He's such a gimp.

Pathetic. You can't resist having a go at him for anything. It wasn't a dive. There was contact and it was very soft, but he didn't dive.

The usual blame Suárez for something at the end of every game continues.

Throwing yourself to the floor, regardless of any minimal contact (very minimal in this case) constitutes a dive.

Examples:

Pires against Porstmouth, contact with defender, ridiculed for dive.

Eduardo against Celtic, contact with goalkeeper, ridiculed for dive, suspended by UEFA - later revoked.

Suarez every game, ridiculed for diving.

Good night.

Throwing yourself to the floor, regardless of any minimal contact (very minimal in this case) constitutes a dive.

Examples:

Pires against Porstmouth, contact with defender, ridiculed for dive.

Eduardo against Celtic, contact with goalkeeper, ridiculed for dive, suspended by UEFA - later revoked.

Suarez every game, ridiculed for diving.

Good night.

But you're the only one saying he dived tonight. You're the only one ridiculing him. It'd be front page news if Suárez had dived.

He dived. Well threw himself to the floor. If I done that in Sunday league I would probably get knocked out by my own manager. Stay on your feet. So embarrassing.

My reaction on watching the game went something like this:

Live time: "oh get up you little prick".

Penalty given: "no way!!"

On seeing replay: "fuck off, hardly touched him. Diving little prick".

On Stevie G miss: :D

On West Brom scoring: :D :D

On Lukaku murking Agger and scoring: :D :D :D

I can't get "excited" about penalties anymore. It's not just one or two players, there are far too many people who are going down easily. There are culprits for every team. Every team. No exceptions.

Before, when the ref gave you a penalty, the first thing you'd think would be: "Right, we deserved that, here's our chance." Now, you're always worried about if the player dived to get it, or if the referee made a shit call. I sigh every time we or any other team gets a penalty.

Exactly my Flinkington. It's a game of football. We've got to stop all this "oh I've been touched, I better go down" nonsense. It's embarrassing for the game.

Edited by Platty

I understand that there is a line that has to be drawn, in order to differentiate between legal and illegal tackles, but i think the line has been drawn on the wrong side of 'contact'.

If the contact isn't enough to make you fall over, it isn't a foul.

I understand that there is a line that has to be drawn, in order to differentiate between legal and illegal tackles, but i think the line has been drawn on the wrong side of 'contact'.

If the contact isn't enough to make you fall over, it isn't a foul.

I thought the pen was soft as far pens go.

However just as players seem to think it's ok to go down too easy when they are touched, I think it's equally a problem in the game that players think they should have the right to play the man to a certain degree, rather than the ball.

You see it all the time, defenders protesting to ref after they've been caught grabbing the striker in the box, saying "I barely touched him" is no excuse when your not supposed to be touching him at all.

It's called football, you're supposed to just kick the ball with your feet, obviously shoulder to shoulder is fine if both players are going for the ball, some contact is inevitable, but there's really no justification for putting your hands on another player, doing so is just asking the ref to call for a foul.

Edited by pratty

I thought the pen was soft as far pens go.

However just as players seem to think it's ok to go down too easy when they are touched, I think it's equally a problem in the game that players think they should have the right to play the man to a certain degree, rather than the ball.

You see it all the time, defenders protesting to ref after they've been caught grabbing the striker in the box, saying "I barely touched him" is no excuse when your not supposed to be touching him at all.

It's called football, you're supposed to just kick the ball with your feet, obviously shoulder to shoulder is fine if both players are going for the ball, some contact is inevitable, but there's really no justification for putting your hands on another player, doing so is just asking the ref to call for a foul.

It's a contact sport, where in the laws of the game does it say you aren't allowed to touch the opponent at all?

It's a contact sport, where in the laws of the game does it say you aren't allowed to touch the opponent at all?

I didn't say there was. Though I would be interested to know exactly what the rules state. I would assume what contact is permitted is essentially up to the interpretation and opinion of the ref.

But for some reason the shirt grabbing defenders aren't as criticised as the blow over forwards, when they're both supposedly cheating.

My dad came up with what he thinks is a 'genius' idea where all players are forced to wear 'slippy' silky gloves that prevent them being able to hold onto each others shirts.

I don't imagine FIFA will ever agree to that...

My dad came up with what he thinks is a 'genius' idea where all players are forced to wear 'slippy' silky gloves that prevent them being able to hold onto each others shirts.

I don't imagine FIFA will ever agree to that...

Or tie the players hands behind their backs and eliminate handball at the same time. :laughing:

Or tie the players hands behind their backs and eliminate handball at the same time. :laughing:

No, that's just silly. The obvious and intelligent solution is to chop their arms off.

No, that's just silly. The obvious and intelligent solution is to chop their arms off.

The goal celebrations for that would be hilarious.

Feeling sorry for Celtic.

Had hoped they'd do better.

Gave away a silly early goal but were still the better side for the 1st half and most of the 2nd half. The 2nd goal killed them and Juve just got a 3rd thanks to some horrid defending from Ambrose and I think the 2nd goal too.