NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

Even more shocking is Walcott now earns 100k a week. Based on what exactly?

Based on our total inability to keep hold of any of our talented players. That is it, we were desperate not to lose him, he held all the cards. This is the opposite side of the 'Fuck Up' spectrum that we usually frequent.

Based on our total inability to keep hold of any of our talented players. That is it, we were desperate not to lose him, he held all the cards. This is the opposite side of the 'Fuck Up' spectrum that we usually frequent.

Was going to post something similar to that.

Arsenal probably did the right thing in this situation.

Lost 2-1 at home to Reading, Pardew went completely mad with the substitutions in the second half.

Fuck.

First time I've seriously considered the notion we might go down....worst result in years.

Missing out on Remy will hurt you unless you manage to bag another striker in this window. Can see Newcastle struggling for goals. Also, if Colo does go, you'll start shipping in more goals.

It doesn't look good looking at that table. One win might start to change things.

Chelsea destroyed Arsenal in that first half. Could have been 4 or 5, Mata and Hazard just ripped them apart.

How Torres still gets in the starting line-up is beyond me, though. So terrible. If Chelsea didn't pay 50million for him, if he was just your typical 6 or so million pound player, there's no way he would get into that team. Creates nothing, adds nothing. You'll struggle to sell him too, as nobody wants him. The more he plays, the greater his value diminishes.

I find it remarkable how some Liverpool fans actually want him back. I guess there's a few less since we signed Sturridge, but i still don't understand them. If a totally unrelated player to Liverpool performed to the exact same level, they wouldn't be interested one bit.

Fucking awful day. Pain in the arse weather, play shit, then I get in the taxi from the train station and the driver thinks I want to know that Spurs equalised in the last minute. Today can fuck right off.

Absolutely deserved though, absolutely dominated man u from start to finish. But we are so lacking up front, Defie is good but he's so one dimensional and almost like playing with ten men when he isn't doing his thing. Which is far too often for a few months. It could cost us! Really hope we finally buy a striker!

Thought we were unlucky not to win that. Clear penalty not given in the second half for a foul on Rooney. If we converted that, that would have been 2-0.

Pleased with how Jones and Carrick defended. Vidic and Ferdinand stopped almost everything. Bale was anonymous. The one defensive mistake cost us 3 points. But, a draw seems like a fair result.

Turning point for me was when we took off Cleverley and brought on Valencia. A season ago, he would have cut out everything on that right side. This season, I don't think he could tell you which way a lift was going, even if he had 2 guesses. So poor and short on confidence.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Thought we were unlucky not to win that. Clear penalty not given in the second half for a foul on Rooney. If we converted that, that would have been 2-0.

Pleased with how Jones and Carrick defended. Vidic and Ferdinand stopped almost everything. Bale was anonymous. The one defensive mistake cost us 3 points. But, a draw seems like a fair result.

Turning point for me was when we took off Cleverley and brought on Valencia. A season ago, he would have cut out everything on that right side. This season, I don't think he could tell you which way a lift was going, even if he had 2 guesses. So poor and short on confidence.

Was surprised fergie had you sit back so much, basically the same as QPR's tactics against us from last week.

2crvbd1.png

Though as you say Bale was practically out of the game as result of that. Lennon was immense for us, he's had a great season.

We really need a striker this transfer window. Defoe is useless when teams sit back against us and he doesn't have space to run. Dunno why we kept hammering crosses into the box, noone there to get a head on them.

Loved the equaliser. Fully deserved point.

Was surprised fergie had you sit back so much, basically the same as QPR's tactics against us from last week.

2crvbd1.png

Though as you say Bale was practically out of the game as result of that. Lennon was immense for us, he's had a great season.

We really need a striker this transfer window. Defoe is useless when teams sit back against us and he doesn't have space to run. Dunno why we kept hammering crosses into the box, noone there to get a head on them.

Loved the equaliser. Fully deserved point.

Yeah, I was surprised we played so deep. I guess he was anticipating your wingers pushing up and pumping balls into the box. In fairness, that's where the equaliser came from.

Spurs need a striker, but I'll be surprised if you get one. I remember Dazzy posted a list of all the players who Spurs were going to buy before and the only one you got was Dembele, who was at the bottom of your list. If Spurs can get into the Champions League, you'll be in a better position to get a striker then. But, you're not going to go out and blow 25 or so million on a striker, because that's not what Spurs do.

I've been winding my mate up because he's a Spurs fan and even 18 months ago I was telling him Spurs needed a striker. "Adebayor will be enough", he said.

Yeah, I was surprised we played so deep. I guess he was anticipating your wingers pushing up and pumping balls into the box. In fairness, that's where the equaliser came from.

Spurs need a striker, but I'll be surprised if you get one. I remember Dazzy posted a list of all the players who Spurs were going to buy before and the only one you got was Dembele, who was at the bottom of your list. If Spurs can get into the Champions League, you'll be in a better position to get a striker then. But, you're not going to go out and blow 25 or so million on a striker, because that's not what Spurs do.

I've been winding my mate up because he's a Spurs fan and even 18 months ago I was telling him Spurs needed a striker. "Adebayor will be enough", he said.

Yeah I generally agree. I think maybe last year it wasn't such an issue because teams hadn't figured out that when they sit deep we have nothing - plus last year Ade was actually putting in alright shifts (This season he's been utterly dire). We really need a third striker now. Or, flog Adebayor in summer to raise the funds.

With that list though, basically I think everyone knew it was implausible to get them all. We actually did really well to get Vertonghen Dembele and Lloris last window - all three have been really strong signings (Plus Dempsey and Siggurdson). Signing Moutinho Willian and Damiao for another what, 65m combined was never feasible, particularly without CL.

Like, we've got Holtby coming in on a free this summer. And other clubs have shown there are players available having to spend 20m+ (Michu, Jelavic, Cisse, Ba, Sturridge are all goalscorers bought for under 15m). I don't think we necessarily have to spend big - we just need to actually spend - even if it's just backup for Defoe until summer.

(On a related note have you read about Daniel Levy's dodgey dealings of the month - Basically nabbed Fryers off you for a cut price by buying him via a side from Belgium)

Yeah I generally agree. I think maybe last year it wasn't such an issue because teams hadn't figured out that when they sit deep we have nothing - plus last year Ade was actually putting in alright shifts (This season he's been utterly dire). We really need a third striker now. Or, flog Adebayor in summer to raise the funds.

The problem with Ade is that he was given a contract. As soon as he has one, he just seems to switch off, haha. Seemed great last season, completely forgot you even had him this year. He seems to be one of these confidence players who plays well when they're loved and high on life, then seem to just stop caring after a while. The Xpert11 equivalent of moody!

With that list though, basically I think everyone knew it was implausible to get them all. We actually did really well to get Vertonghen Dembele and Lloris last window - all three have been really strong signings (Plus Dempsey and Siggurdson). Signing Moutinho Willian and Damiao for another what, 65m combined was never feasible, particularly without CL.

Like, we've got Holtby coming in on a free this summer. And other clubs have shown there are players available having to spend 20m+ (Michu, Jelavic, Cisse, Ba, Sturridge are all goalscorers bought for under 15m). I don't think we necessarily have to spend big - we just need to actually spend - even if it's just backup for Defoe until summer.

Oh, I know, you don't need to spend a lot of money. Just, some money. In the right areas. It can be done, we did it with Hernandez. But, to get a focal point of a team, somebody to come in and score for fun, striker's don't tend to come cheap. Van Persie was expensive, but worth it (so far anyway). Drogba cost Chelsea about the same amount, but he was worth it too in the long-run.

As great as Michu has been this season, his transfer value will now be increased, so unless your scouting system is really, really good, you'll still end up paying quite a bit of money for these types of players anyway. It's hard getting to these players before they become big stars.

(On a related note have you read about Daniel Levy's dodgey dealings of the month - Basically nabbed Fryers off you for a cut price by buying him via a side from Belgium)

Yeah, I read about that one. Quite cheeky, but Levy is a bit like that. ;)

Rio and Vidic were sensational yesterday, And De Gea... wow. 2 Incredible saves he made. So gutted to drop 2 points.

Fergie's hat made me lol frequently when the cameraman would switch to him.

Was great being on the right end of a late goal for once >.>

Totally agree with the whole Adebayor being on contract thing. I never rated him at all last before we had him on loan last season, when I think he played better than he ever has. So far this year he's just shown the same old laziness and wastefulness that made me hate him in the first place. If we have no other choice in the position, then just play Dempsey there for christ's sake. At least he's going to try.

Fucking dire first half yesterday, wasn't helped from some disgraceful decisions. Much better in the second half but it's becoming an all too familiar story of late.

Villa v Bradford game is really good. When Benteke scored in first half, it was all Villa, but 2nd Half Bradford should of had 3 not 1. still 15 minutes left, just hope Bradford hold out.

Extraordinary.

How are Villa still in the Prem? I think even we could beat them at the moment.

Well done, Bradford! Happy for them! :D

If Villa don't go down this year, it'll be a miracle. They haven't played good football in a long time. Think relegation might do them good.

Saw a tweet before the match which basically said:

"Villa starting lineup vs Bradford: LOL, LOL LOL LOL LOL, LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL, Benteke".

It made me chuckle. Amazing for Bradford. League 2 club going to Wembley and a chance of winning a cup. Amazing.

Oh God, Torres is going to have shit thrown at him if he plays if Chelsea play them and he still doesn't score.

Hope it happens now. Would be hilarious. I really think that would be it for him if that happened.:laughing: