NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

Typical media, Ibrahimovic scores one goal and suddenly he's the white Pele. He's an exceptionally skilled individual with no comprehension of team play who loves to go missing during big games.

I'm sooooo pumped. I want to see an EPIC derby today!

With the 3 points of course, tough game.

FT. Arsenal 5-2 Tottenham.

Excellent match, had it all really. But the most important thing is the performance, arsenal have showed an overall improvement in terms of performance when comparing them to recent dismal matches.

Tottenham came back well in the 2nd half, pressured the gunners, kept the ball better in a 10/15 minute spell and got their goal, albeit it was poor defending. Cazorla, walcott and Wilshere played extremely well and it was great to see giroud on the score sheet again. Having Cazorla get his deserved goal and podolski for his continued hard work.

It was a good performance but they can still improve, I hope that they can continue on the up and string together a run of good performances.

Good game. I enjoyed that. 5-2 is harsh on Spurs, but there were some bad performances from some players, even though a large amount of blame should be placed at Adebayor's feet. Stupid tackle, shouldn't have done it. Gallas was pretty poor today and I don't think Dempsey offered or did anything when he came on. Looks a bit out of his depth at Spurs, especially where he was playing. I think he reached his ideal level at Fulham.

I thought AVB did well to change the system at half-time and Spurs looked a bit better in midfield and going forward as a result of it. Arsenal destroyed them on the wings, mind. Cazorla was excellent, definitely the man of the match.

I don't think the scoreline would've been the same had Adebayor stayed on, but we'll never know now. Spurs badly missed somebody like Scott Parker in midfield to break up the interplay with Cazorla and the rest of the midfield. Arsenal just over-ran them there and on the wings.

Haven't watched the game yet, but beating Spurs makes me feel so bloody good. LOVE IT.

Forever in our shadow : peace:

Even better than the score, Podolski scored again. How far is he on the way to 20 now? :p

When I saw the teamsheet today, I knew we'd lose. Why does Fergie persist with putting Giggs in centre midfield? Giggs and Carrick = No pace. Behind him you have Smalling and Ferdinand, who aren't the fastest players either. So, it means we're incredibly weak in the middle. Why didn't either or both of Anderson/Cleverley start?

Secondly, our tactics are shite and have been for such a long time now. Our overall player revolves around the wings. If Valencia doesn't have a good day, we create nothing. If Young doesn't have a good day, we create nothing. No pace in the team through the middle, and when the ball did get wide, we didn't play it in quickly, we waited for Norwich to regroup and by the time we crossed it, it had either hit the first man and gone out for a corner (which resulted in nothing) or they clear it.

Finally, we had all of the first half to see nothing was working, so why didn't we try and change it up then? Why are United a "reactive" team these days? Unless we're a goal behind, it doesn't look like we give a shit. The only player out there today who played with any fire is Rafael.

Scoreline flattered us. Norwich should have won 2 or 3-0. Ruddy could have had a picnic in his six yard box.

What a lovely day of results that was. Capped off with Norwich beating Man Poo. You won't forget who Pilkington is now ol purple nose!

Haven't watched the game yet, but beating Spurs makes me feel so bloody good. LOVE IT.

Forever in our shadow : peace:

You're in for a treat. Per's header alone is a sight of wonder.

What a lovely day of results that was. Capped off with Norwich beating Man Poo. You won't forget who Pilkington is now ol purple nose!

I think we call these Carlsberg Saturday's.

2-1 defeat to Swansea at home. Back to back defeats now, surprised it hasn't already happened this season to be honest. We desperately need to sort our shit out. The second we went behind in that game I knew it was over - no drive when we have to come from behind. Results really went our way otherwise, such a shame we couldn't even get a point. We need to improve, drastically and fast. Even the good results this season have been from below par performances.

Looking ahead, hopefully we can continue our decent European run on thursday. I'm pretty sure a win sees us through to the last 32. Come on!

When I saw the teamsheet today, I knew we'd lose. Why does Fergie persist with putting Giggs in centre midfield? Giggs and Carrick = No pace. Behind him you have Smalling and Ferdinand, who aren't the fastest players either. So, it means we're incredibly weak in the middle. Why didn't either or both of Anderson/Cleverley start?

Secondly, our tactics are shite and have been for such a long time now. Our overall player revolves around the wings. If Valencia doesn't have a good day, we create nothing. If Young doesn't have a good day, we create nothing. No pace in the team through the middle, and when the ball did get wide, we didn't play it in quickly, we waited for Norwich to regroup and by the time we crossed it, it had either hit the first man and gone out for a corner (which resulted in nothing) or they clear it.

Finally, we had all of the first half to see nothing was working, so why didn't we try and change it up then? Why are United a "reactive" team these days? Unless we're a goal behind, it doesn't look like we give a shit. The only player out there today who played with any fire is Rafael.

Scoreline flattered us. Norwich should have won 2 or 3-0. Ruddy could have had a picnic in his six yard box.

I have nothing to add... :/

I have been a bit suprised how well we have been doing overall this season, as like you said I can't believe how many games we have gone down a goal and then woke up and clawed it back (well except today).

Chelsea lost to West Brom as well - they are a tough side and no-one will head to their home ground simply expecting all 3 points.

Sturridge was incredibly wasteful and Luiz was once again shit. Him and Bertrand are not performing to the Chelsea standard we've come to expect when we spending millions on everyone :p

I thought you were kidding about setting up his own team, but he says he's interested in ownership and the article ends highlighting an element of his contract where he is able to set up an expansion to the MLS franchise?!

Mad.

Very funny. And you can all gloat all you like. But all I know is you had your full strength team out, we were missing Ekotto, Kaboul, Caulker, Parker, Dembele - these are first teasers. And we were still the much better team and would have won if Ade wasn't such a cock.

Obviously these things can never be proved, but I'm pretty confident there's only one reason you won, and I'm staggeringly confident we will finish above you this season.

Much better team that had less possession, less shots on goal and conceded five. Literally been listening to AVB too much. After Ade showed himself up it was one way traffic, except for Bale's goal which was a defensive mistake.

Yeah, if you didn't count goals which were defensive mistakes - Arsenal would be top of the league.

I thought you were kidding about setting up his own team' date=' but he says he's interested in ownership and the article ends highlighting an element of his contract where he is able to set up an expansion to the MLS franchise?!

Mad.[/quote']

Yeah his academy failed so I reckon it could be avenue he seriously looks at....a more viable revenue driven way to put something back into football in the way he intended the academy to.

Very funny. And you can all gloat all you like. But all I know is you had your full strength team out, we were missing Ekotto, Kaboul, Caulker, Parker, Dembele - these are first teasers. And we were still the much better team and would have won if Ade wasn't such a cock.

Obviously these things can never be proved, but I'm pretty confident there's only one reason you won, and I'm staggeringly confident we will finish above you this season.

As staggeringly confident as last season? and the season before that? and the one before that....

I'm generally finding it hard to gather how you were the much better team? what do you base that on? better looking hair styles for the spurs lot, flashier boots?