NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

I'm reading that article and some of those comments and it amuses me. People never learn.

What are they mostly talking about after the game? Fergie's jibe about injury time. What should they be talking about? United's defensive frailties, Rio Ferdinand looking wide off the mark, no defensive cover if either him or Evans become injured.

He's done this plenty of times before, to keep the pressure off his players. Mancini adopted this last season with his "the title race is over" remarks. It's good management.

Missed the match and highlights last night because of work (forgot to record highlights)

Is Ferdinand starting to show his 'age' now (in footballing terms)?

I'm am worried about our defence, we can't seem to keep many fit at the moment.

Yesterday was literally one of those shite days you get every so often. Firstly I hate 12:45 kick offs, I only get 3 hours sleep after work so I end up feeling awful all day. We then played awful, let it two absolutely shocking goals. Then to compound my misery on the way home from the game the train journey takes 20 minutes, not yesterday. The train stopped 2-5 minutes outside Hitchin (where I get off) and was sitting there for 35 minutes because of something 20 odd miles up the track. By the time I got home I was one miserable bastard.

Then I find out Spurs won at Old Trafford.. If Newcastle hadn't already ruined my fivefold I'd have gone berserk ;)!

I've not even seen MotD or any highlights from yesterday. Have I missed anything?

Actually one thing about yesterdays game (which is going to sound like sour grapes) but Chelsea are classless bunch of tossers. Always on the floor rolling around. And every time there was a dead ball situation one of their players would kick the ball away. Cole even threw the match ball to the dug out after Mata scored. Wanker.

Did everyone see Dembe Ba's hand goal? It was a thing of beauty, and a refereeing decision that bad was pretty much what we needed to get a point against Reading.

We are not playing well and are really starting to ride our luck a bit. The points tally is decent enough for now but we need to pick up soon if we fancy our chances of a top 6 finish. Hopefully the squad will be back to full strength and be back to the more fluid, defensively solid football that was played last season. None of this 2-2 bollocks with Cisse and Cabaye doing naff all :heh:

Lots of rumours on Twitter and Facebook that Owen Coyle has been sacked and an announcement will be made tomorrow.

A dreadful start to the season, 18th after 8 games with 4 defeats and the guy is tactically clueless. Been dragging us down for years and apparently he has lost the dressing room, so time to go I think.

Hmmm, a good move i think. Often the whole managerial merry-go-round gets annoying, but in this case he's had his chance.

What an amazing weekend, shame Chelsea had to win and man city get a late winner, but nothing could dampen the feeling of beating Man U, especially in the manner we did,do,instead the first half,insane 15 minutes, and then get an absolute battering for 30 mins, but I it showed that our mentality and determination are better under AVB. Very pleased. Villa at home next next and then home to Chelsea... Lets show them up for how average they actually are!

What an amazing weekend, shame Chelsea had to win and man city get a late winner, but nothing could dampen the feeling of beating Man U, especially in the manner we did,do,instead the first half,insane 15 minutes, and then get an absolute battering for 30 mins, but I it showed that our mentality and determination are better under AVB. Very pleased. Villa at home next next and then home to Chelsea... Lets show them up for how average they actually are!

How are they top of the league then?

Obviously a skewed average, with a very low standard deviation.

How are they top of the league then?

Are Liverpool as good as their league table suggests? I'm sure you wouldn't age so why would you bring that logic now?

They are top because they've been pretty lucky, and ultimately, although tactically poor, they have enough good players to drag them through tricky games. I think they'll struggle against better teams.

Are Liverpool as good as their league table suggests? I'm sure you wouldn't age so why would you bring that logic now?

They are top because they've been pretty lucky, and ultimately, although tactically poor, they have enough good players to drag them through tricky games. I think they'll struggle against better teams.

I wouldn't give a shit how we were playing if we were top of the league.

They paid big money for those game winning players. That's the whole point of them. How those big signings are financed is another story.

Totally agree.

You can't be top of the league and then be labelled average. You'd have to be well above average to even get into the top 4.

Chelsea's attacking players in Torres, Mata, Hazard and Oscar...just seems insane to me. All 4 of them (now that Torres is looking better) would walk into any side in the league. It's better for the league as well to have these kinds of players, it will make it more entertaining.

I've got a feeling it's going to be a crazy year. Everybody can be beaten. City have defensive problems, United have defensive problems, Spurs want to do well with AVB, Liverpool under Rodgers, Wenger meaning business.

None of the top teams have been that impressive.

City and United, while 3rd and 4th, haven't been that great. Spurs and Arsenal haven't been that good. Newcastle haven't been as good as last year, and we haven't started as well as we'd have hoped. No doubt all those teams form will pickup, and they'll have good runs of results.

After 6 games my hope for the season is still the same. Improve on last years position, and show strong signs that we're learning and buying into Rodgers' philosophy and style of football. I just want to see progress. I'm not expecting us to be fighting for the top 4 places, but I really believe if our best players perform then we have a shot.

Reina has looked a totally different player for a while now, it's getting kinda worrying. Ability wise, no doubt he's possibly the best GK in the league. Agger and Skrtel are among the best CBs in the league, even though Skrtel has been error prone so far. Midfield 4 of Allen, Sahin, Gerrard and Lucas is brilliant. Lucas is the best DM in the league, Gerrard can still play at the highest level. Sahin is just so classy and composed. And JonSt will tell you how much i rate Allen. ;)

Wee Raheem has been a revelation. It's scary that he's only 17. Suárez is possibly the hardest striker to play against, nobody knows what he is going to do next. I think with Borini you have to look at the bigger picture. He's a 21 year old that been thrown in at the deep end. He's been chucked into the Liverpool starting 11 out of position. I've seen good from him, so I'm confident he will be a success.

That wasn't supposed to be a long post. I just started babbling. :p

Oh and sad to see Jimmy Bullard retiring.

What a character. :D

Edited by MadDog

None of the top teams have been that impressive.

City and United, while 3rd and 4th, haven't been that great. Spurs and Arsenal haven't been that good. Newcastle haven't been as good as last year, and we haven't started as well as we'd have hoped. No doubt all those teams form will pickup, and they'll have good runs of results.

After 6 games my hope for the season is still the same. Improve on last years position, and show strong signs that we're learning and buying into Rodgers' philosophy and style of football. I just want to see progress. I'm not expecting us to be fighting for the top 4 places, but I really believe if our best players perform then we have a shot.

Reina has looked a totally different player for a while now, it's getting kinda worrying. Ability wise, no doubt he's possibly the best GK in the league. Agger and Skrtel are among the best CBs in the league, even though Skrtel has been error prone so far. Midfield 4 of Allen, Sahin, Gerrard and Lucas is brilliant. Lucas is the best DM in the league, Gerrard can still play at the highest level. Sahin is just so classy and composed. And JonSt will tell you how much i rate Allen. ;)

Wee Raheem has been a revelation. It's scary that he's only 17. Suárez is possibly the hardest striker to play against, nobody knows what he is going to do next. I think with Borini you have to look at the bigger picture. He's a 21 year old that been thrown in at the deep end. He's been chucked into the Liverpool starting 11 out of position. I've seen good from him, so I'm confident he will be a success.

In the next year or 2, Allen will be the best midfielder in the league. You can quote me on that.

The Dog, 29/09/2012

You have a real gift for spin, ever thought of a career in Politics? :heh:

They paid big money for those game winning players. That's the whole point of them. How those big signings are financed is another story.

Jons right y do have a career in spin, you create arguments to suit what you're saying. I never once said Chelsea should care they're top not playing great, I wouldn't care how we won theleague either, but that's not at all what. I was saying, I was just saying I think they'll come a cropper when they play a really good time. That's all I said, yet you twist and twist.

We may become a cropper against a really good team, so we should beat Tottenham easy enough then!

Youve had one good he beating man u and you spurs fan have delusions of grandeur again.

I think I'll go watch that 5-1 semi final again ;)

I wasn't creating an argument, that's just you dazzybee. I just made a statement.

Steven Fletcher has been called up to the Scotland squad!!

Apparently Levein was contacted by a 3rd party (I'm guessing O'Neill as he said he would help out) who told him that Fletcher wanted to play. Things progressed from there to a phone call and then him being called up!

Lionel Messi - Footballing Role Model -

"Individual awards are nice and I'm thankful for winning them. But I wouldn't have won anything without the help of my colleagues. I am fortunate to be playing for this club with all these great players. I'm just trying to help the team."

On Mourinho:

"I can't say much about Mourinho. I don't really know him and have never spoken with him. I can only talk about what he has achieved, and that's winning a lot of titles. I know that his players speak well of him, but I don't know him.

"I always say what I think, but I do not feel the need to get myself into trouble. I'm not interested in creating conflicts or problems.

"I see no point in speaking badly of someone who I don't really know. I prefer to be respectful toward other people."

This is one skill that other professional footballers should try to learn. Decent Attitude.

I think Rodgers' plan is slowly coming into focus. We now have a younger team with many long term prospects. Our centre midfield is especially strong.

Interestingly while the failure not to capture Dempsey was obviosuly not part of the plan, it has forced Rodgers to look at his "homegrown" options which actually look pretty good. Some of the credit for that probably belongs to Rafa.

Whatever Rodgers is doing, he's still a football manager. To listen to some people he's creating some world revolution that will only be referred to as 'The Plan'. I know it's as much the media as anything but it is becoming slightly annoying when it's referenced every 5 minutes.

It's not like he's creating total football.

Celtic have just beaten Spartak Moscow 3-2 away from home. Their first away victory in the Champions League in a long long time. They've lost 19 of their last 20 away matches too.

Absolutely fantastic result.

Celtic have just beaten Spartak Moscow 3-2 away from home. Their first away victory in the Champions League in a long long time. They've lost 19 of their last 20 away matches too.

Absolutely fantastic result.

Sounds cliched, but its never easy to go to Russia and get a result.

Man U, it seems, are already knee-deep in Cluj...

Not any longer, a van Persie double either side of the half. Is van Persie destined to carry any team he plays for?