NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

Who would you play ahead of O'Dea in defence? There doesn't seem to be many other choices.

True not a whole lot of other Centre Defence choices but I think a better option than O'Dea would have been to have Seamus Coleman of Everton start on the Right side and move John O'Shea into Centre defence.

Granted it's a moot point it could have been worse it could have been better. On paper I think having a player who is playing Premiership football is a better option than someone who has moved to the MLS and plays for Toronto FC...who are at the bottom of the MLS.

Not trying to disrepect O'Dea but in all honestly if he can't even get a club in the Championship to sign him and has to move to the bottom placed club in the MLS things cannot be going well, he's only 25 he should be at the top of his game. The MLS is were you go to make some extra money before you end yoru career not in the middle of it.

Although O'Dea was only in because Dunne was injured hopefully by the German game Dunne will back and will pull off a performance like he did aggainst Russia last year.

so you would leave out Keane then? has he really gotten that bad? I mean Doyle is a tidy player, but he's hardly been scoring that much either for club or country, Long should definitely be starting ahead of Walters in my opinion

I have a lot of respect for Robbie, he is afterall the countries Record goalscorer, 54 goals is nothing to sniff at. However in currently he's just no longer the same player he once was. He was at his best back in 2002, it's 10 years later and he's just ticking away now. He does still score yes but I struggle to think now of the last time he got a goal that was really needed from open play.

His goal on Friday from a penalty, his last goal before that was in the 4-0 play-off win with Estonia, he got 2 goals, his first came in the 71st min after we were already 2-0 up and the 2nd was a penalty. So it's not like we needed him to score when 2 others already got goals before him.

And like O'Dea, Keane plays where...the MLS... he's the captain of Irish team and he can't even get on a team in the Championship? Least he's at a somewhat decent team over there I guess.

At Keanes late stage in his career I don't see him as a starter at international level anymore, he's not as quick as he used to be anymore and doesn't appear as threatening infront of goal as he used to be. Any combination of Long, Cox and Doyle (or all 3 in a 4-3-3 formation) up front I feel would trouble defenders more than one of them plus Keane. Robbie could still serve a purpose from the bench and come on as a sub if needed.

I think Trap is just being stubborn because keane is the captain and Trap likes to have a "senoir" player in there. And he just seems to have this aversion to give any new players a proper chance unless he's forced to by injury. He only made 2 subs on Friday and didn't use the 3rd. He put 3 strikers on the right wing of midfield at various points of the game when he had a perfectly good natural winger in James McClean sitting on the bench.

Choices like that just don't make sense to me. :heh:

Edited by Mokong

Liverpool fans, what are your views on the latest events about Hillsborough?

It must be relief in some way for the families to be able to know what actually went on afterwards, but also anger due to the numerous deficiencies. Not also including the alteration of police reports to blame the fans, rather than the emergency services, crowd control and the police. I find that very worrying.

It's disgusting that the families have had to fight for 23 years to get to this point. The police tried to cover up their mistakes that cost 96 lives. Everyone knew what really happened, and now the truth is out. The most devastating thing I guess for the families is that over 40 could of been saved. I imagine that's heartbreaking.

Hopefully the ones responsible face charges.

Lots of action today, will be great to watch the highlights tonight with a hot cuppa.

Gervinho, Cazorla, Arteta and Podolski were quality today. Fantastic win. Just the performance we needed.

Do Arsenal fans rate Gervinho? I really like him, think he's a good player.

----------

We put in a decent performance today. If you had to pick a winner, you'd of probably picked us.

We're changing massively in our playing style, so I'd like to think there's less pressure. There's obviously still alot of pressure playing for Liverpool Football Club, but I think it's key that the fans understand that we're changing hugely and we just have to be patient.

I've already said, but I'm willing to give Brendan the time he needs. There's something about him. The things he says, the way he says them. He understands what it takes to be a Liverpool manager, and settled into it instantly.

He did an interview for The Anfield Wrap (podcast). Even if you're not a Liverpool fan, I urge you to give it a listen. It's only 50ish minutes long, and it's a fascinating listen. He's such an intelligent and inspiring person. Seriously, it's brilliant.

Do Arsenal fans rate Gervinho? I really like him, think he's a good player.

Sometimes. Other times I wonder how he became a pro at all. He's exciting on the ball, can beat a man and has bags of pace. But he often struggles to pick the right ball, has the composure of an elephant and is sometimes horribly one footed. Today, however he was great. More of that and I'll be happy.

In other news, Danny Welbeck you're a disgrace.

untitled-2pku0z.gif

Yeah, I'm not happy with Danny after that. He had a good game, but he let himself down with that. Probably will be dropped in the next match.

I'm pretty happy with the result today. I'm glad the penalty incident didn't impact on the result of the game, wouldn't have felt right. Nice to see Hernandez getting on the scoresheet.

That Arsenal result was pretty insane. Battered Southampton. There's a few Southampton fans at my workplace and I mentioned to them beforehand that Arsenal were going to batter them. They were just too much for them.

I've already said, but I'm willing to give Brendan the time he needs. There's something about him. The things he says, the way he says them. He understands what it takes to be a Liverpool manager, and settled into it instantly.

Can we hold you to this if he gets the sack in January 2013/ start of next season :p

Can we hold you to this if he gets the sack in January 2013/ start of next season :p

I'd be amazingly surprised if he isn't still manager in a couple of seasons. He's our owners guy. He will be given time.

Well beck,who I think is the most over ratd player int he premiership, I think hes incredibly average at best. And now he's dived the past 2 games for penalties. Utter scum. I really wish football would retrospectively ban players who dive and cheat.

Kieran Gibbs was phenomenal yesterday, keep forgetting how young he still is. He could easily go on to be one of the best left back there is if he can consistently stay fit.

Apart from Woj, who didn't have anything to do bar one gaff, the whole team amazing. Do feel sorry for the Saints, what a horrible fixture list to start the season.

Well beck,who I think is the most over ratd player int he premiership, I think hes incredibly average at best. And now he's dived the past 2 games for penalties. Utter scum. I really wish football would retrospectively ban players who dive and cheat.

Monkey boy Bale would hardly be on the pitch in that case.

Monkey boy Bale would hardly be on the pitch in that case.

Huh?! Really? The man who has Suarez in his team, literally the most disgusting, cheating footballer playing today has a lot of cheek to make a comment.

Huh?! Really? The man who has Suarez in his team, literally the most disgusting, cheating footballer playing today has a lot of cheek to make a comment.

He's not wrong though..

Utter bull. Let's see how much he dives and rolls around at the slightest touch today then shall we which Suarez does EVERY SINGLE GAME without fail.

Suarez makes a meal out of minimal contact. Bale admitted to diving. He dives when there's NO contact.

Big difference.

People who fall over without contact = 100% bad. People who fall over at the slightest touch = 99% bad.

Sure, a distinction needs to be made for teh idiot who dives without any evidence, but it is still imperative to highlight the twattish nature of the individual who decides that falling over because of a feather stroke is ok.

Diving in ANY form is stifling to the game. if a player chooses to fall over rather than continue running, then I have to mentally note their twattish nature. I really do hope that, once camera referees are in place, players are punished for illegitimate claims for penalties. Falling over at the slightest touch is just as bad because it's taking advantage of the rules.

Pleased that united got a good result yesterday.

Only got to watch the highlights last night but Wigans defence did make it easy for us. Powells stike was ace though, nothing was stopping that going in!

Very disappointed in Welbeck, I just don't see the point in diving. There is just no fucking point.

Pleased that united got a good result yesterday.

Only got to watch the highlights last night but Wigans defence did make it easy for us. Powells stike was ace though, nothing was stopping that going in!

Very disappointed in Welbeck, I just don't see the point in diving. There is just no fucking point.

Well there is a point. He won a penalty.

Utter bull. Let's see how much he dives and rolls around at the slightest touch today then shall we which Suarez does EVERY SINGLE GAME without fail.

Bale was the only player last season booked more than once for 'simulation', and got away with countless more.

One more than a million other players. The reason this is distorted is because I bet he gets tackled and fouled more than most too. Plus it's kind of ridiculous anyway because 99% of them get missed. So it's meaningless. He could have tried it twice and failed goth times because hes useless. When we all know Suarez tries it at least twice every game, but hes so experienced he gets away with it :)