NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

You were linked to him all summer. So, either it wasn't going to happen, or Spurs took too long dithering (again) and fucked the deal up. Doesn't matter which is true, the window is closed and you haven't got him.

We took too long as per usual. We made our offer and porto then came to us and finally accepted, same thing happened with Lloris and we did get him, that's who Levy plays it. It's what we did with Verthngehn and Ade, we waited and waited and eventually the team buckles. It backfires regularly though and is majorly frsutarating. But to say it was "never going to happen" is just ridiculous; if we didn't have a bbid accepted, personal terms agreed and us asking for for an extension to close the deal than fair enough. But all that did happen so it shows it clearly was going to happen.

In fairness to Spurs, they were more than prepared to break their own record in order to sign Moutinho. As it happens, the fella just didn't fancy playing there (from what I've read) , so you can't really place too much fault at Spurs' transfer style for that one.

Why wouldn't he want to play for a London club? If it's true, then fair enough, but Spurs must have been convinced that they could get him if they spent all summer chasing him. Maybe the wages they offered were too low?

In fairness to Spurs, they were more than prepared to break their own record in order to sign Moutinho. As it happens, the fella just didn't fancy playing there (from what I've read) , so you can't really place too much fault at Spurs' transfer style for that one.

You need to read in different places. He agreed terms, chatted to AVB on the day as if he was a spurs player and said earlier in the window he's love to play for AVB again. I've seen NOWEHERE that says he didn't want to join. EVERYTHIGN was agreed on the deal; just couldn't get it through in time.

I admit that Dempsey wasn't a prime target but he's still a quality player. Scored 20 goals last year and if you think he's a one season wonder then that shows (though your posts do as well) how much you actually know about football.

Podolski has scored a lot of international goals, dos santos looks great at international level too, Crouch goals per games ratio is incredible. So what. I don't rate Podolski at club level at all, he's been average bar one club; but you won't know that because you'll have never have seen him play.

Giroud does look pap, obiously he may come good when he gets used to the league but again today he misses chances badly, he doesn't look good at all or do you think I'm woring and he does look good?

Verthongen who was Ajax captain and Hollands player of the year? And your KNOWLEDGE is there again, back up to Vermaelen? He plays left back for international.

You're an idiot.

Why does he play left back for the national side you fool? it's not because he makes a better left back when wearing the national shirt it's because there's better centre backs available who have also been Ajax captain.

Giroud does look short on confidence but he took an average side to a league title last season almost single handedly so i'm sure he'll come good.

Podolski's been average bar one club? he only played for two clubs before Arsenal. I've probably only seen Podolski play over 50 times, he carried a club on his back for most of his career, he didn't have the best of times at Munich, being played out of position and not getting on with the coach.

Where did i say he was a one hit wonder? he's hit double figures twice in 5 seasons, he's a decent player.

My posts show that I know nothing about football? Yours carry about as much weight as your team appeal in the transfer market.

Why wouldn't he want to play for a London club? If it's true, then fair enough, but Spurs must have been convinced that they could get him if they spent all summer chasing him. Maybe the wages they offered were too low?

'Some worrying news for Tottenham fans: the club may have agreed a £22m deal with Porto for Joao Moutinho, but the player himself is having none of it'

From the Guardian liveblog on deadline day here.

And personally I can see why someone might not want to play for a London club. I mean for a start they'd have to live there - personally I'm quite keen on the place but completely understand when people say they are not.

Even if that information is correct, I personally think Spurs have done quite well in this transfer window. Ade, Siggy, Lloris, Vertonghen, Dembele, Dempsey - all really quite good players and all seemed to have been signed at reasonable prices - particularly Lloris. I think I agree with dazzybee on this.

Edited by ipaul

'Some worrying news for Tottenham fans: the club may have agreed a £22m deal with Porto for Joao Moutinho, but the player himself is having none of it'

From the Guardian liveblog on deadline day here.

And personally I can see why someone might not want to play for a London club. I mean for a start they'd have to live there - personally I'm quite keen on the place but completely understand when people say they are not.

Why go from a first seeded Champions League side to an average Premiership side with ideas way above their station.

He's well clear of them.

You're an idiot.

Why does he play left back for the national side you fool? it's not because he makes a better left back when wearing the national shirt it's because there's better centre backs available who have also been Ajax captain.

Giroud does look short on confidence but he took an average side to a league title last season almost single handedly so i'm sure he'll come good.

Podolski's been average bar one club? he only played for two clubs before Arsenal. I've probably only seen Podolski play over 50 times, he carried a club on his back for most of his career, he didn't have the best of times at Munich, being played out of position and not getting on with the coach.

Where did i say he was a one hit wonder? he's hit double figures twice in 5 seasons, he's a decent player.

My posts show that I know nothing about football? Yours carry about as much weight as your team appeal in the transfer market.

Well done for the personal attacks you fucking tool.

But I'll explain this clearly, he plays at left back because he's extremely good there and they don't have anyone else better. Would he play at CB if he wasn't an excellent left back, who knows, but probably, due to him being Ajax captain at centre back and winning player of the year. Yeah, I'm the idiot!

France isn't exactly a top league is it? Chamak also does well international and did excellently for his club, how did that turn out?! He does look short on confidence, and he may need a good 6 months or a season (like I said) but at the minute he looks incredibly poor.

Podolski. My opinion, don't rate him, never have. Let's see shall we.

And you said this about Dempsey:

"You've settled for Dempsey because you couldn't get anyone else. He's 29 with one decent season under his belt, he's not even regarded as a 'striker'. "

One decent season. I can't be clear but well done on trying to get out of it. Plus who said he was a striker? He's VDV replacement who can play as a striker, left and right. Excellent option. He played 5 times last season as a striker and scored 5 goals. not bad if we have injuries.

Duncan Castles wrote this about the mouthino deal. He's an excellent journalist who got pretty much every transfer right over the summer.

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/spurs-last-gasp-frustration-over-thwarted-moutinho-transfer-bid

How come no one mentioned the clear penalty Norwich were denied yesterday? Disgusting.

Was a bit weird today when I got to watch the last 20 minutes of the united match and recognised the Southampton player Danny fox as being in the year or 2 above me at my high school...

Was like where the fuck do I know that face from!? Ha

and if you think he's a one season wonder then that shows (though your posts do as well) how much you actually know about football.

So what. I don't rate Podolski at club level at all, he's been average bar one club; but you won't know that because you'll have never have seen him play.

You're an idiot.

Bit hypocritical dazzybee.

And I'm sure your opinion on Podolski would be different if Spurs had signed him.

Fact is, you don't get over 100 caps for Germany by the age of 26 without being a quality player. Great goal for him today, I'm sure more will come, him and Cazorla seem to be getting even better together.

But I'll explain this clearly, he plays at left back because he's extremely good there and they don't have anyone else better. Would he play at CB if he wasn't an excellent left back, who knows, but probably, due to him being Ajax captain at centre back and winning player of the year. Yeah, I'm the idiot!

France isn't exactly a top league is it? Chamak also does well international and did excellently for his club, how did that turn out?! He does look short on confidence, and he may need a good 6 months or a season (like I said) but at the minute he looks incredibly poor.

Podolski. My opinion, don't rate him, never have. Let's see shall we.

And you said this about Dempsey:

"You've settled for Dempsey because you couldn't get anyone else. He's 29 with one decent season under his belt, he's not even regarded as a 'striker'. "

One decent season. I can't be clear but well done on trying to get out of it. Plus who said he was a striker? He's VDV replacement who can play as a striker, left and right. Excellent option. He played 5 times last season as a striker and scored 5 goals. not bad if we have injuries.

Duncan Castles wrote this about the mouthino deal. He's an excellent journalist who got pretty much every transfer right over the summer.

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/spurs-last-gasp-frustration-over-thwarted-moutinho-transfer-bid

He plays at left back because he isn't better than the two current centre backs (Kompany and Vermaelen). Why do you keep mentioning him being Ajax captain? Vermaelen also held this posistion when they both played for Ajax but I don't feel the need to keep bringing this up.

I love how you class Dempsey as a decent option because he can play left and right and in behind but Podolski who can play those similar positions and who most people with a brain would class as a better player, you don't apparently rate at all.

Chamakh was never 'excellent' for Bordeaux. He never scored more than 13 goals in the league and was never prolific. He was a decent option who was never anything more than a decent squad member for us.

Bit hypocritical dazzybee.

And I'm sure your opinion on Podolski would be different if Spurs had signed him.

Fact is, you don't get over 100 caps for Germany by the age of 26 without being a quality player. Great goal for him today, I'm sure more will come, him and Cazorla seem to be getting even better together.

How's that hypocritical? I do question his knowledge and how much he's seen players play, he said he saw him over 50 times, fair enough. But that's not a personal insult.

And if he signed for spurs trust me I'd be as dubious? I'm very happy with who we've signed this year, but I'm not always. I wasn't happy when Ferdinand signed for us, or even Ginola (though that was ridiculous in hindsight), or crouch, or murphy, or absolutely loads and loads of players.

He plays at left back because he isn't better than the two current centre backs (Kompany and Vermaelen). Why do you keep mentioning him being Ajax captain? Vermaelen also held this posistion when they both played for Ajax but I don't feel the need to keep bringing this up.

I love how you class Dempsey as a decent option because he can play left and right and in behind but Podolski who can play those similar positions and who most people with a brain would class as a better player, you don't apparently rate at all.

Chamakh was never 'excellent' for Bordeaux. He never scored more than 13 goals in the league and was never prolific. He was a decent option who was never anything more than a decent squad member for us.

That's your opinion, not fact. And being Ajax captain and being player of the year for the whole league is a big thing. You seemed to think he was some kid of understudy, when I don't.

If Podolski gets 20 goals then I will be more than happy to post a picture of myself in an arsenal shirt pissing on a poster of Gareth Bale. But i really don't understand what my opinion of Demspey has over my opinion on Podolski. MANY players can play multiple positions, doesn't mean theyre good and bad. I've never said Podolski ISN'T versatile.

Most people with a brain. There you go again, you really are incapable to have an intelligent debate aren't you. I would be very surprised if many people would say that they would prefer Podolski over Dempsey to cover the attacking midfield positions personally. But what do I know, I don't have a brain.

Oh look at all the arsenal fans liking your tottenham slating.

Obviously they're not as good as modric, no one really is at what he does to be honest, hence him going to the worlds biggest club. But Demebele is a decent replacement (Demebel and Mouthino would have beeb perfect!)

Adn defoe shite? And Adeboyor? Fuck me you're so clueless. You would fucking die for either of them, you have the most over rated most disgusting cheating player who misses a thousand chances a season, and Borini who couldn't hack the championship. Defoe and Ade are streets and streets and street ahead of what you have.

lolol. I appear to have rattled his cage.

Defoe and Adebayor are hardly fit to lace Suárez's boots. Borini has played 3 games so far, it's not enough time to evaluate a player. Otherwise Lucas would of been in League 1 when he first started, but now he's twice the player of any of your DMs.

You know what's even funnier. You're a single point ahead of us, and we've played City and Arsenal. Your 'brilliant' first 11 are really showing their quality so far.

Mug.

That's your opinion, not fact. And being Ajax captain and being player of the year for the whole league is a big thing. You seemed to think he was some kid of understudy, when I don't.

If Podolski gets 20 goals then I will be more than happy to post a picture of myself in an arsenal shirt pissing on a poster of Gareth Bale. But i really don't understand what my opinion of Demspey has over my opinion on Podolski. MANY players can play multiple positions, doesn't mean theyre good and bad. I've never said Podolski ISN'T versatile.

Most people with a brain. There you go again, you really are incapable to have an intelligent debate aren't you. I would be very surprised if many people would say that they would prefer Podolski over Dempsey to cover the attacking midfield positions personally. But what do I know, I don't have a brain.

Oh, btw. That overrated Suárez guy was both of those things. Vertonghen was only made captain after he left.

And is that just league goals?

If it counts for anything I'd take Adebayor and his money trucks over Suarez. It's a bit like choosing which testicle you'd prefer to lose.

How's that hypocritical? I do question his knowledge and how much he's seen players play, he said he saw him over 50 times, fair enough. But that's not a personal insult.

And if he signed for spurs trust me I'd be as dubious? I'm very happy with who we've signed this year, but I'm not always. I wasn't happy when Ferdinand signed for us, or even Ginola (though that was ridiculous in hindsight), or crouch, or murphy, or absolutely loads and loads of players.

You don't because you've got your white blinkers on. Understudy is exactly what he is, which is why he doesn't play his first choice position in the national side. You can dress it up anyway you like, it doesn't change the fact. I'm not debating the fact he's a good player but he's not quite the second coming.

I find it amusing you pan Giroud for being top scorer in a league you don't class as very good but you keep talking about Vertonghen's accomplishments in a league which is considered inferior to the French league.

I do like to think I can have an intelligent debate but it's hard when your dealing with illogical people.

Atletico bought him for €40mil+. Why, after a stunning season would they sell him on for the same price? They just wouldn't. He's not joining Chelski.

Le sigh

Also, Hulk off to Russia, crazy money!

3cHNG.gif

Edited by Ellmeister

The times reported it on Sunday as well. Other sources have mentioned the same.

All I'm showing you is my proof after your dismissal of my claims. Plus a sweet gif of a classic youtube vid.

Bloody hell, was just watching the Rep. of Ireland v Kazakhstan match, out first world cup qualifier and it was such a horrid joke or a display by Ireland.

We won 2-1 in the end but we did not deserve it all and I feel very sorry for Kazakhstan.

Kazakhstan went 1-0 in the first half and Ireland had no answer...hell even before the goal Ireland had no idea what they were doing.

In the 83rd minute we got a penalty which Robbie Keane scored and then on the 85th min Kevin Doyle got a 2nd goal.

But Kazakhstan were all over us and deserved the win more.

And I'm actually disappointed now that we won cause that will just serve to vindicate Trapatoni now, he said after the dreadfull performance at Euro2012 that we change things into the future but today we see he's changed nothing, the only player changes he made in the starting line up he made cause other players had retired/injured. He played 3 centre forwards on the wing in this match, the players didn't seem to know what they were doing for the whole of the game. Players who were on the bench should have started like Doyle & Long.

He was lucky to get a miracle of a win in the dying minutes, we should not be settling that "this is how good we are and if we can get a result then that's all that matters" which is the mentality that Trap seems to have. We can play better if the players are allowed to play better. There are better players who play for Premiership teams yet Trap keeps picking players from Championship teams and bloody MLS teams (O'Dea & Keane).

We got Germany next on the 12th October, unless Trap finally starts to change his mindset they are gonna eat us up and swallow and shit us out the other side. And it'll prolly go downhill from there unless changes are made either in Traps tactics and selections or changing Trap himself.

I certainly won't be planning any trips to Brazil for 2014 the way things are now :heh:

It was actually the 89th and 90th minutes according to the BBC!

so you would leave out Keane then? has he really gotten that bad? I mean Doyle is a tidy player, but he's hardly been scoring that much either for club or country, Long should definitely be starting ahead of Walters in my opinion

Who would you play ahead of O'Dea in defence? There doesn't seem to be many other choices.

Scotland - Serbia tomorrow!

Can't wait for it, I'm going to be in the West stand. Should hopefully be a sell-out, great atmosphere. I have high hopes for tomorrow. Although Serbia are a strong side we are pretty good at the moment and coming in off a good 3-1 win against Australia.