NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

Just reading the BBC article about Song's transfer.

Song['s] contract will contain a release clause of 80m euros (£63m)

Does this mean that Barca would have to pay £63m to Arsenal if they try to sell him on or what? I don't really pay any attention to contracts so I have no idea.

Just reading the BBC article about Song's transfer.

Does this mean that Barca would have to pay £63m to Arsenal if they try to sell him on or what? I don't really pay any attention to contracts so I have no idea.

It means if anyone bids £63M then they have to accept the bid.

If I'm not mistaken I think it's a law/rule in Spain, every contract has to have a release clause. Messi's is like €400M.

I'd love it if some crazy billionaire bought Messi for a joke, and gave him to a conference side.

IT'S A MAN UTD CRISIS!!!

(Or are we the only ones subjected to media non-sense after one game?)

Come on now, Everton away isn't an easy game. Also, 4 central defenders out made it even harder. That, and our tactics were a bit shit/too rusty.

I wonder if it may be time to bring in a new assistant coach to replace Mike Phelan. We've been playing with these tactics for quite a while now (get the ball in the middle, pass it sideways to the wings to either Evra or Valencia, cross it in, retrieve the ball in the middle, pass it sideways, etc).

Saying that, I respect Everton and believe with yesterday's performance that they probably could have beaten anybody in the league. Midfield was very strong.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Come on now, Everton away isn't an easy game. Also, 4 central defenders out made it even harder. That, and our tactics were a bit shit/too rusty.

I wonder if it may be time to bring in a new assistant coach to replace Mike Phelan. We've been playing with these tactics for quite a while now (get the ball in the middle, pass it sideways to the wings to either Evra or Valencia, cross it in, retrieve the ball in the middle, pass it sideways, etc).

I'm just pointing out how ridiculous the media has become. The assumptions and conclusions in Sunday's papers were beyond stupid.

I'm just pointing out how ridiculous the media has become. The assumptions and conclusions in Sunday's papers were beyond stupid.

Don't pay attention to it, they're garbage. If we believed everything the papers were saying, then United have been on the decline since about 2004.

Since when does losing one game or losing the very first game of a new season even equal "a crisis".

I think the papers have forgotten what happened in the 1995-96 season. Man U lost their first game of the season to Villa and all the media were like "this is the end of Man U" and of course the famous "you don't win anything with kids" line... they went on win the double that year :heh:

Idiotic ramblings from the media aside, it does highlight the glaring gaps United have in midfield and defence that haven't been addressed.

Since when does losing one game or losing the very first game of a new season even equal "a crisis".

I think the papers have forgotten what happened in the 1995-96 season. Man U lost their first game of the season to Villa and all the media were like "this is the end of Man U" and of course the famous "you don't win anything with kids" line... they went on win the double that year :heh:

First games never really tell you much, you never win anything or lose anything in the first week.

But, I can't see City dropping many points over the course of this season. They won't lose many, so to lose one in your first game isn't a great start.

Idiotic ramblings from the media aside, it does highlight the glaring gaps United have in midfield and defence that haven't been addressed.

Midfield has been addressed to some extent with Kagawa, who was probably our best outfield player last night (not sure he lost the ball once). Defensively, there's not a lot we could have done. 4 centre-backs unavailable, it won't happen many times for many teams this season. If Everton had 4 centre-backs out yesterday, I think the result would have been the opposite. I'm a bit annoyed that we played Valencia at right-back, as it just seems like a waste to me. If there's an area we should have strengthened years ago, it was there. Not with a youth either, but with an experienced player.

One player short, I reckon. A ball-winner in midfield. Darren Fletcher looked like that type of player before his illness, so it was a shame to lose him there.

Van Persie doesn't really solve anything for me. We need a Yaya Toure type of player who can win the ball and then do something positive with it.

Surprised to see Spurs are letting Dawson go to QPR I rate him and would have thought if Spurs are serious about continuing their drive for Champs League they need strength in numbers. As for QPR I'm convinced their poor start to the season will continue past an opening day one off and Harry Redknapp will be there very soon.

Thing is he's 5th choice now behind Kaboul, Verthongen, Gallas and Caulker. I love the guy but I think he's maybe just a little too slow for the high line. More gutted about Huddlestone being loaned out.

Thing is he's 5th choice now behind Kaboul, Verthongen, Gallas and Caulker. I love the guy but I think he's maybe just a little too slow for the high line. More gutted about Huddlestone being loaned out.

For some reason I thought he was out on loan...I rate Dawson higher than Kaboul personally. But like you said about the high line Kaboul probably does have that bit more athleticism to be a part of that. Huddlestone is outright bizarre though.

It's AVB plan to destroy every London club he takes over.

Most of my opinions of the match on monday have already been addressed by other people.

As much as I love Fergie I disagree with his comments after the match, I felt Everton deserved to win and were the better team in the match. We couldn't handle a few of their players and didn't create much up front.

At times I almost felt like united were scared to go in the box which is why Anderson shot outside the box near the end. But that may just be down to how well Everton played.

And @Fierce_LiNk I agree regarding Van Pierse. I feel like we only bought him because we 'could' in the sense he become available. Would have preferred more money to be spent in midfield.

We should pick ourselves back up and hopefully I will eat my words regarding VP, just don't really see where he fits in.

I also read that Wellbeck has signed a new contract today and what could happen with Chicarito with the VP signing?

I can't believe we haven't got rid of Berbatov yet, he obviously isn't part of any plans no more.

Surprised to see Spurs are letting Dawson go to QPR I rate him and would have thought if Spurs are serious about continuing their drive for Champs League they need strength in numbers. As for QPR I'm convinced their poor start to the season will continue past an opening day one off and Harry Redknapp will be there very soon.

I thought the loan signing of Carvalho was even more bizarre. Saw a classic comment on the BBC website that said that Mark Hughes is preparing well for the 05/06 season! I laughed. : peace:

I think QPR will struggle. They'll stay up, because they should have enough quality now to stay up. But, I don't agree with their practice. They've basically assembled an entire team this season.

Don't think much of his transfer activity so far. Only signing a striker now. And, that striker is Adebayor, who should have been signed much, much earlier in the window. No replacement for Modric?

Most of my opinions of the match on monday have already been addressed by other people.

As much as I love Fergie I disagree with his comments after the match, I felt Everton deserved to win and were the better team in the match. We couldn't handle a few of their players and didn't create much up front.

At times I almost felt like united were scared to go in the box which is why Anderson shot outside the box near the end. But that may just be down to how well Everton played.

And @Fierce_LiNk I agree regarding Van Pierse. I feel like we only bought him because we 'could' in the sense he become available. Would have preferred more money to be spent in midfield.

We should pick ourselves back up and hopefully I will eat my words regarding VP, just don't really see where he fits in.

I also read that Wellbeck has signed a new contract today and what could happen with Chicarito with the VP signing?

I can't believe we haven't got rid of Berbatov yet, he obviously isn't part of any plans no more.

Chicarito will be fine. Berbatov needs selling for everyone's sake. He's not getting played and is far too good to sit on the bench and not make any appearance.

Also, Rooney needs to be treated like everyone else. When he's not playing fine, he should be subbed. Too much special treatment for some players. It's unfair that the likes of Evans and De Gea can be benched when things go wrong, but Rooney gets to stay on regardless. Now that Van Persie is here, what about putting Van Persie up top and benching Rooney? It might mean that he'll need to perform a lot better than he did against Everton.

More players should mean more competition for places. Van Persie is here now and is a United player. If it means our four strikers will now be competing for places, then brilliant - it'll bring out the best in them.

It's in the name; Agent Villas-Boas.

God Chelsea are so shit it's unreal. But so lucky. They were awful last season and ended up winning two cups. Awful in preseason. Awful. Against Wigan but a 5 minute opening meant they were 2 up and poor tonight at home yet manage to drag the win out with an offside goal.

Still think they'll struggle for top 4 and do matteo the first manager sacked. Luck can't last forever.

Chicarito will be fine. Berbatov needs selling for everyone's sake. He's not getting played and is far too good to sit on the bench and not make any appearance.

Also, Rooney needs to be treated like everyone else. When he's not playing fine, he should be subbed. Too much special treatment for some players. It's unfair that the likes of Evans and De Gea can be benched when things go wrong, but Rooney gets to stay on regardless. Now that Van Persie is here, what about putting Van Persie up top and benching Rooney? It might mean that he'll need to perform a lot better than he did against Everton.

More players should mean more competition for places. Van Persie is here now and is a United player. If it means our four strikers will now be competing for places, then brilliant - it'll bring out the best in them.

Good point on the striking options and Agreed!

On that same topic I know nothing about Buttner but hopefully he will give competition for left back coz at times Evra under performs and we haven't really had another natural left back for quite awhile.

God Chelsea are so shit it's unreal. But so lucky. They were awful last season and ended up winning two cups. Awful in preseason. Awful. Against Wigan but a 5 minute opening meant they were 2 up and poor tonight at home yet manage to drag the win out with an offside goal.

Still think they'll struggle for top 4 and do matteo the first manager sacked. Luck can't last forever.

Granted they've had more than their fair share of luck but awful? Hardly...