NEurope
Aneres11

Wii U available for pre-order

Didn't anyone out there just have a nice, healthy, civilized relationship with their controllers? :p Not sure I've ever abused one in frustration, I'd be too worried about breaking it and being without a pad for god knows how many months!

I never imagined you to be the angry type :)

I used to bite controllers out of frustrating. SNES pads were easy, used to tear fuck out of them. I learnt the hard way with the N64...

Haha, I thought I was the only one who did that! My NES and SNES pads have teeth marks all over them.

Didn't anyone out there just have a nice, healthy, civilized relationship with their controllers? :p Not sure I've ever abused one in frustration, I'd be too worried about breaking it and being without a pad for god knows how many months!

No, I get too angry!

I better not with the WiiU though, I certainly can't afford to keep replacing those babies!

My only controller death was when I spilt a load of Dr Pepper over my PS3 controller.

My only controller death was when I spilt a load of Dr Pepper over my PS3 controller.

What's the worst that could happen eh.

SNES pads were easy, used to tear fuck out of them. I learnt the hard way with the N64...

Did you deep throat that middle prong?

Didn't anyone out there just have a nice, healthy, civilized relationship with their controllers?

I do. Regular clean with an antibac wipe, stored sensibly and placed down carefully.

My brother did launch his 360 controller whilst playing RE5 Mercenaries. It broke. Knob.

Countless! I always used to do it back in the SNES and NES days. The N64 not so much, nor the GC. But my controller throwing reached a new peak on the Wii. I actually snapped a GC controller whilst playing Mario Kart, those blue shells really get to me!

Umm...?

Having not thrown a controller even once in my whole life, I have to ask...

Have you got ADD or something?

What the hell has AD(H)D got to do with getting angry at video games?!

Never thrown one, personally. If there was a moment when I would have, it would have been the Spider Guardian in Metroid Prime 2 or Star 242 "The Perfect Run" in Super Mario Galaxy 2. But you can't go losing your temper in real life, so I don't with a gamepad either. Plus I'm not rich enough to buy spares. :heh:

Pre-order the Black console for £199.99 at Amazon

Possibly an error (?) BUT they do have a pre-order price promise.

Consider this per-ordered. Was going to originally pre-order from ShopTo but I'm in the process of getting a new contract so I wasn't able to reply to the text message in order to complete the order.

Was just going to post that link!

Well worth it for £199.99. Hopefully they don't cancel our orders if they don't release in one of the colours/it is significantly more expensive!

Although according to that Amazon page, it's going to be released next month, very very unlikely!

Also they seem to only have Black available to Pre-Order, and I'm pretty sure we're not gonna see it in Black at launch.

That price could be attainable. Usually Nintendo like to make a decent profit on their hardware, but I could see them settling for breaking even in the short term if it meant avoiding another 3DS fiasco.

Amazon's price promise means nothing if they chalk it up to a pricing error, but it's not like you have anything to lose.

Also they seem to only have Black available to Pre-Order, and I'm pretty sure we're not gonna see it in Black at launch.

At the Nintendo event we went to today the majority of Wii Us were black. Personally, I'm pretty confident it will be available at launch.

Ooh it's out in a month as well, megaton!

Maybe Shopto will price match even though it's pointless considering. Early price war?

This will probably be cancelled. Even more so if one of the deal sites post it.

Still, t'is worth a shot!

I beg to differ lol

Yeah, no offence intended. If someone does me wrong I'll have a stern word with them, but throwing something indicates losing control (and literally losing the controller!) :heh:

F Zero GX and Metroid Prime at times made me angry. At one point, I remember having to put the controller down whilst I shouted expletives at the telly. :heh:

My fuse tends to get longer these days. Although, I almost lost it when playing the original DKC about a year or so ago. Lost something like 50+ lives on one level and it just wasn't becoming funny anymore.

This will probably be cancelled. Even more so if one of the deal sites post it.

Still, t'is worth a shot!

Taken off already from what I can see. Price isn't too bad though, and tbh what I'm sort of expecting.

I've never broken a controller or thrown one intentionally. I don't have fits of rage.

I hate that I have no money recently. Damn student lifestyle!

If the WiiU is released at £199.99 in any store, I'll be happy. I'll most likely get mine from Tesco, they always have insane offers on when a new system comes out.

Nooooooo way will it be £199.99 and no way will Amazon give a proper price promise on that hardware.

I'm expecting $349.99/£299.99 with Nintendoland packed in (along with a Wiimote Plus & Nunchuck)

I'd go with Shopto's one. They actually will honour their price promise!

I'd go with Shopto's one. They actually will honour their price promise!

Not at the moment

PLEASE NOTE: All information on this product page, including our price, is subject to change. Normal pre-order price promise does not apply to this product at this time. Price may change pending full details from Nintendo.